How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-11-2004
gromosexual

Lululemon pants
http://lululemon.com/

Walking around my university (University of Western Ontario) you'll see many girls wearing these lululemon pants (some even have lululemon handbags, which I am not so fond of) that unfortunately, sometimes are tucked into Uggs.

Anyway, I was in toronto shopping and I always noticed the lululemon store on bloor st, but never cared to go in. I went in this time and decided to try on one of the mens pants (which I never thought existed) and let me tell you- they were unbelievably comfortable, and they actually looked so nice.. so I bought them (they were $67 CDN which isnt too bad).

They're supposed to be for yoga or 'active lifestyles', but I am neither active nor would I ever attempt at trying yoga, but I enjoy them because they feel like theyre not even on when I wear them

Have people in your area been wearing them too?

07-11-2004
V.I.P.

Yes, and they're insanely overpriced for my budget. I actually do take yoga and was searching for some clothing, so I stopped in. Like fourty dollars for a top, at the very least. Totally ubsurd I thought, as well as being against the tenants of yoga itself... There's another store on Bloor Street if you're interested. Considering that it's neighbouring stores are Holt Renfrew, maybe, it definitely says something.

07-11-2004
flaunt the imperfection

never heard of them ...but i LOVE their manifesto...

07-11-2004
scenester

Lululemon's (the pants) are TAKING OVER the streets of Toronto, I swear. If you've ever gone to the store near Yonge and Eglinton, you will see the swarms of teenage girls with their Uggs and Louis Vuitton handbags who fill the store. It's crazy. They look comfortable, but because they've become such a trendy item, I'm totally turned off. Another company that makes similar stuff is TNA (haha, the name is SO appropriate, i know). I'm soo not a fan of that style.

07-11-2004
V.I.P.

Same here... blech. Totally overdone, I can't wait for the trend to be over.

07-11-2004
flaunt the imperfection

i don't understand...which style are they wearing?...

07-11-2004
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Nov 7 2004, 08:30 PM
Same here... blech. Totally overdone, I can't wait for the trend to be over.
[snapback]422291[/snapback]
hehe it's funny you say that...for some reason Toronto always struck me as being ten steps behind New York in terms of trendiness.

btw, i'm not attacking toronto, and definitely not attacking you (i like your style!) just sayin...in general i don't think that city is too fashionable.

07-11-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fade to Black@Nov 7 2004, 08:44 PM
hehe it's funny you say that...for some reason Toronto always struck me as being ten steps behind New York in terms of trendiness.

btw, i'm not attacking toronto, and definitely not attacking you (i like your style!) just sayin...in general i don't think that city is too fashionable.
[snapback]422305[/snapback]
Oh, it's totally not. No one gave me the option of living here though...

07-11-2004
Proponent of Plaid

I don't see anything that special. They're workout pants. You can get the same from Capezio, et al. Heck, you can get similar from the GAP and from Target.

They're not hideous or anything, but I can't see myself flipping cartwheels over them, or paying money for them, for that matter. $80 US$. Yoiks!

I don't spend $80 on anything clothes-wise except maybe a pair of shoes or a new winter coat.

Meg
inspired contemplation

yeah am so sick of lululemon pants. So many people here (Queen's) wear them and that kills me a little. It's very much about being trendy. and the bags? wtf? Also, dislike the tna versions.

08-11-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by LesYeux@Nov 7 2004, 06:25 PM
Another company that makes similar stuff is TNA (haha, the name is SO appropriate, i know). I'm soo not a fan of that style.
[snapback]422283[/snapback]

I HATE TNA clothing! Everyone here and their grandma's (literally!) are wearing those stupid tracksuits with fake LV/Coach/Fendi bags and Nike Shox Runners. BLEECHHH!!!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It@Nov 7 2004, 09:46 PM
I don't see anything that special. They're workout pants. You can get the same from Capezio, et al. Heck, you can get similar from the GAP and from Target.

They're not hideous or anything, but I can't see myself flipping cartwheels over them, or paying money for them, for that matter. $80 US$. Yoiks!

I don't spend $80 on anything clothes-wise except maybe a pair of shoes or a new winter coat.
[snapback]422356[/snapback]

I don't get it either... the groove pant is cute, the little stripe around the hips is unexpected... but to consider it a trend? I wouldn't even be able to tell if someone had 'LULULEMON' pants on... they just look like exercise pants to me...

08-11-2004
rising star

I always smile when I see so called yoga clothes like this - be they by lulemon or nuala or anyone else.

My yoga teacher has banned 'yoga pants' from her class. The wide leg means that she and her assistants cannot check the position of your legs and knees, to make sure your form is correct. Incorrect form can mean injury. She requests we wear more unfashionable bike shorts.

Also did anyone ever take a class where shoes are allowed? I didn't -so what is the point of yoga shoes?

09-11-2004
gromosexual

Trendy or otherwise, I'm wearing em because they are damn comfy and look nice You probably wouldnt know I was wearing them unless you asked me or saw the logo (the logo is pretty inconspicuous on my pants)

09-11-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by As You Like It@Nov 7 2004, 10:46 PM

[snapback]422356[/snapback]
actually if i recall correctly.... my capezios were kinda pricey
aaaanyway...yeah, i'd agree they don't look like anything special... at $80 tho... they'd better be top notch quality. still not for me tho

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
lululemon, pants