How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-02-2005
tfs star

“Crème de la Crème” of Freak Fashion
while I personally have a fondness for men in skirts, I dont think its a look that will ever catch on in america, and even attending a lot of disco 2000/tranny/“Crème de la Crème” of Freak Fashion' parties in my time, men in skirts & dresses are still a minority, however cute, charming & becoming.

oh, here's the invite to TONITE's! Post Fashion Show Party for Keanan Duffty....

""Hey guys,
Fashion Week is here and as always, the best parties arrived with it! Join me, Kenny Kenny, The Trinity, Patrick McDonald, Amanda Lepore, Cazwell, Sophia Lamar and others to the Post Fashion Show Party for Keanan Duffty. all you have to do is bring your whole crew and say you are on PEDRO’s List to get in for FREE. Expect the “Crème de la Crème” of Freak Fashion tonight. Oh, and by the way, I almost forgot to mention the OPEN BAR from 11 to 12. I WILL see you there.
Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Pedro""

want some...??

Last edited by lady grey; 07-02-2005 at 08:54 PM. Reason: groovy people, open bar & men in skirts:: voila!!

07-02-2005
scenester

Interesting...
Posted by lady grey

Quote:
while I personally have a fondness for men in skirts, I dont think its a look that will ever catch on in america,
lady grey:

First, thanks for the input, and second, I think (IMHO) that your statement above explains why many women do have a fondness for men in skirts. Some women have always been attracted to "forbidden fruit", and a man in a skirt is definitely that! My photo above is a good example of this: On one hand, I'm "not supposed to be wearing that", because skirts are supposed to be "women's wear". But on the other hand, my UK is tailored specifically for me, and therefore is definitely not women's wear, so I do get away with wearing a skirt. And many women do love a rebel (I'm not necessarily speaking for you, lady grey, so forgive me for being presumptions - I'm just making a general statement - it's psychology).

I have been publicly wearing skirts for the past several years now, and have had two seriously negative reactions, which isn't too bad considering how "taboo" it is. And I, along with other men who wear MUG's (Men's Unbifuracted garments) realize that this trend may never catch on in the US. That being the case, we're willing to on being the proud and the brave minority .

Remember, clothing in and of itself has no gender connection, but only that which society decides to place on it. Perception is reality, even when it isn't.

Again, I respect those who disagree with me, and hope that when the dust settles, we will all have mutual respect for each other...clothing choices notwithstanding.

scenester

Oh, I almost forgot, for the ladies that do like men in skirts ...

http://groups.msn.com/REALMeninSkirt...urwebpage.msnw

07-02-2005
tfs star

yes
I LOVE it!!

did you see ashton kutcher in a skirt?? taking demi's little girl to school?

I LOVE scotsmen in kilts.

spandau ballet wore skirts & other new romantic/romo/retro-futurist fashion.
actually several 80s bands cross-dressed culture club & haysi fantaysee come to mind.

anyway I love it & i hang with trannys & club kids & cross dressers all the time.
it's fun!

but even in 'way out' new york you don't see it that much/enough.

08-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
I LOVE scotsmen in kilts.
My long-term goal is to move away from the "womens' skirts" and more toward just kilts (or at least pleated tartan skirts that look like kilts - or "poor man's kilts" as I call them). I have a few inexpensive Sport Kilts, but am looking for some a little more formal, like the tailor-made ones. What I'd really like is to do the chocolate/purple thing, so I'm looking through my "World Tartans" book for either a purple tartan or a chocolate brown tartan (the "Loch Ness" one is the one the book's opened to now). Then the socks and the sweater/shirt would be the other color. I'm thinking of these socks if I go chocolate for them:

http://www.sock-dreams.com/_shop/pag...ductID_328.php

Although I think the color samples in the picture do not line up with the color selected !

I might look at sweaters at Marshall Fields tomorrow...they're having a big sale ($75 down to $35:p ).

Although, If I do go purple with the kilt, I may just get this one from Sport Kilt:

http://sportkilt.com/shopping-cart.c...rnto=kilts.cfm

Image that with a chocolate brown sweater/shirt and the knee socks from my above link with that purple kilt!

And if I wear my chocolate brown GAP leather jacket with that...!

Well, I must get back to "The Book! "

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightsword
DW_Hamilton said:

Welcome to the world of Utilikilts!

http://www.utilikilts.com/
i adore utilikilts (they also make a utilimini for women) i bought one for my boyfriend and made him wear it all the time. it was so hot.

-jovana

08-02-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
Not really. I've worn skirts and dresses for fancy dress before. I didn't feel particularly threatened.
Not you. People threatened by the very idea of men in skirts. (pronouns can be so useless sometimes. . .)

12-02-2005
scenester

Looking Back/In Memorial
Quote:
but even in 'way out' new york you don't see it that much/enough.
And speaking of that, I was a financial part of this...

http://www.bravehearts.us/ltarticle.htm

The Larrie James in that article is a good friend of mine, and I belong to both the Bravehearts site and the Tom's Cafe that is mentioned there. Ironically, the MSM march, one year ago this weekend, was also Tom Manual's birthday. He is no longer with us, as he died of cancer last year at age 48 (well, at least we gave him a good send-off, plus we held a virtual on-line wake for him). I remember being here at home and Lar's wife, Noreen, was posting at Tom's Cafe a play-by-play of the march as it was occurring, and I heard tidbits of it on the radios throughout the house all that weekend.

I have one of the very few T-shirts that was issued just for that event, and I wear it every once in a while, but not too often...it's a very rare item.

God bless you, Tom. As long as we in the men's skirting community keep wearing our skirts and kilts, you will always walk among us .

windowshopping

sooo sexy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramarine
Hum ... I think long skirts for men are perfectly OK and easy-to-pull .. about the short (kilt-like) ones ... I've seen guys wearing 'em over jeans or bondage pants and they look fierce, it doesn't take an ounce of masculinity of the look ...
On a personal note ... on the beach, I wear my HUGE red towel as sarong .. It feels good!
guys on the beach wear sarongs and they look so sexy, not feminine at all! i went on bali and saw surfers in sariongs, in the super market, on the street, everywere... it caught my imagination right in the center!

flaunt the imperfection

utopia...thanks for the merge...

this is my idea of hot...
men in skirts...
by leslie kee and takay... ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg men in skirts-leslie kee.jpg (35.7 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg men in skirts-takay.jpg (31.3 KB, 23 views)

13-04-2005
Diamond

I have to admit, I'm a sucker for a man in a skirt. Not sure why...just something about it gets me hot. In fact, I can think of a few guys I know I'd pay to see in skirts

~Madeleine Albright
13-04-2005
mmmmmm...fashion....

one word - dries

13-04-2005
Don
scenester

surprised no one has posted this image yet...very cool
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dude.jpg (17.6 KB, 38 views)

13-04-2005
V.I.P.

scots men have been doing it for years and it works for them. If its good enough for jesus then ...... also didnt david beckham cause a stir a few years back for wearing a sarong ??

13-04-2005
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
surprised no one has posted this image yet...very cool
Don, that photo is HOT! I think I'm in love!

~Madeleine Albright
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
men, skirts