How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-02-2013
backstage pass

Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but in my opinion skirts are only for women. I know women wears suit, but it looks beautiful and sexy (of course it is a matter of taste). There should be line between women and men, and these days i think a lot of designers is trying to break this line. Women wearing skirt look sophisticated, provocative. I really hope this "trend" will end soon...

Last edited by Egoiste; 07-02-2013 at 04:05 AM.

07-02-2013
fashion insider

More pictures from Simon by René Habermacher for Tokion. I just love this, so sexy!

timothykelleherseyebrows

Quote:
Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned, but in my opinion skirts are only for women. I know women wears suit, but it looks beautiful and sexy (of course it is a matter of taste). There should be line between women and men, and these days i think a lot of designers is trying to break this line. Women wearing skirt look sophisticated, provocative. I really hope this "trend" will end soon...
I don't think this is a trend, men have been wearing skirts throughout history and still in different cultures.

15-02-2013
windowshopping

These white shirts & dresses are so sexy.

15-02-2013
fashion insider

^ I'd love to get married in that last outfit

15-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoiste View Post
And I don't understand why it is "Ok" for women to cross the gender line in dressing, but not for men?

front row

I also don't understand it. But I also see no reason why I should understand or at last accept it. Today I fund this outfit by Agnès B. which makes me real thinking of wearing this style by myself:

homeurbian.com

fashion elite

egomim@tumblr

19-02-2013
tfs star

I don't remember exactly which season this was, but I do remember it being a very cool collection from Dries..

(src: rapidfirefashion.wordpress.com)

19-02-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitzeria View Post
And I don't understand why it is "Ok" for women to cross the gender line in dressing, but not for men?
There are lots of things in life that don't make sense. In many cases, it boils down to social norms or what society deems acceptable. It just is what it is. It's not to say that people can't dress how they want (they can), but it may not be deemed appropriate. Personally, I don't care for men in what might considered women's fashions (skirts, heels, etc.). I also don't find women in what might be considered men's clothing, to be particularly flattering either, but I agree that it is at least much more acceptable.

19-02-2013
fashion elite

before 1910s, high class women were thought appropriate to work? and look nowadays. rules are made to break, that's how I believe it is.

21-02-2013
front row

I sometimes get the feeling the underlying issue is that men and their clothings are seen as more "appropriate" and women and their clothings are "ridiculous". That might be the explanation why it is Ok for women to dress as men (it's more of an honour to them), but not for men to dress as women (it's considered ridicolous and inappropriate). And that's a judgment I can hardly accept.

fashion elite

that's why we need the concept of unisex, to be honest is to brainwash people it is okay to dress whatever you feel like to wear. it is actually a way more big issue, how the inception in mind can create a certain type of reaction to things like you said above. sort of things like men should work outside and women stays at home blah blah blah. I should just stop here before getting off topic:p

19-03-2013
fashion elite

you can get sporty

Jean Paul Gaultier S/S 2010
catwalking

21-03-2013
fashion elite

it looks like a knee slit skirt, but it's actually knee length skirt with a train, which I find clever.

Ashton Michael fall 2013

21-03-2013
Soviet Camaro

Pricciao, please provide a credit for the photo in #539, or we will have to remove it. Thanks!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
men, skirts