How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-11-2003
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by tealady+Nov 9th, 2003 - 6:57 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tealady @ Nov 9th, 2003 - 6:57 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Nov 8th, 2003 - 9:59 pm
I must use yet another example from Jurgi Persoons because this is the way I would wear skirts.
But that's a man in drag who wants to look like a girl coming home from parochial school!

[/b][/quote]
oh no, this is not a guy in drag @ the Yurgi presentation tealady, we've all seen drag, we know how it looks like and it certainly does not look anything like Yurgi's guy

btw, welcome to tFS for eccentric master cylinder

09-11-2003
retro queen

Women not attracted to men in skirts??? I don't know about anyone else, but I thought that Kurt Cobain looked extremely cute when he wore his dresses.

09-11-2003
Stitch:the Hand

No joking. Lady Bunny is Drag. Let's get it straight,the man isn't wearing a wig, make-up and stilettos. He's wearing a skirt,that's all. Otherwise he's very much a man.

09-11-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott@Nov 9th, 2003 - 10:45 am
No joking. Lady Bunny is Drag. Let's get it straight,the man isn't wearing a wig, make-up and stilettos. He's wearing a skirt,that's all. Otherwise he's very much a man.
right liek gaultier said puting a man in a skirt is not puting a man in drag puting him in a bra is.

etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu+Nov 9th, 2003 - 11:15 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Nov 9th, 2003 - 11:15 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Nov 9th, 2003 - 10:45 am
right liek gaultier said puting a man in a skirt is not puting a man in drag puting him in a bra is. [/b][/quote]
absolutely my views guys

09-11-2003
V.I.P.

Sorry, drag was the wrong word. I'm saying that that look is what I see on girls coming home from a nearby parochial school. I say coming home because in school they tuck in their shirts and wear shoes; boots are wor to and from. If that photo was taken from the neck down and there was more of a waist, would you have thought the wearer was male? Really?

(edited for spelling)

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by tealady@Nov 9th, 2003 - 7:56 pm
If that photo was taken from the neck down and there was more of a waist, would you have thought the wearer was male? Really?

(edited for spelling)
uhm well yes, becuas of his body. But i udnerstand what you are saying, but is still not at all a feminin take if you ask me.

yes

brad in a dress....

this isnt sexy IMO

10-11-2003
etre soi-meme

10-11-2003
Stitch:the Hand

Actually,I see what you're saying tealady but like I said before schoolboys' uniforms are often pieced together like that.

And yes I would still think he is man. If you look at shape of his body its much wider than a woman would be. Even if one is skinny,women still have more curves than a skinny man.

27-01-2004
etre soi-meme

they've been everywhere on menswear collections.
will they catch up?
what's you opinion?

here todays short article from wwd

Quote:
SKIRTING THE ISSUE: The model — his bare shoulders and thighs glistening with oil — danced seductively, grinding his hips and swinging his snake-headed lariat at International Herald Tribune scribe Suzy Menkes. What did she do? Calmly pulled out her disposable camera and snapped a photo. Another model, working a Casanova theme, stroked the cheek of Cathy Horyn of The New York Times, who was seated on a rusty old bed. That was the scene at John Galliano’s first men’s show Friday night, where hunky models flirted with the cameras, the audience and — at times — the limits of a PG rating. As usual, showman Galliano gave the press — and a front row that included actor Vincent Perez, Lou Douillon and Marianne Faithfull — lots to talk about. Some of the models wore skirts, or had bits of lingerie peeking out from their suits, as if they dressed in the dark, in a hurry, in a compromising situation. Dior president Sidney Toledano said he already placed his order. “It’s a black suit — no skirt,” he clarified with a chuckle before the Dior Homme show Monday night. But it turns out Hedi Slimane, who helped close men’s fashion week in Paris, was on a similar wavelength. In the middle of his show, out strode a group of models in long and swishing kilts. Jeanne Moreau, down the row from Karl Lagerfeld, Mick Jagger and Betty Catroux, applauded with approval.

27-01-2004
front row

Oh please no...

27-01-2004
Hoppity Hop

Thanks for the article, Lena. Back in '96, early summer, I tried on my first men's skirt in a shop in Munich. Since I'm not tall, I thought it would just dominate me or make me look like Mary Poppins. But it fit and looked great, with black motorcycle boots and a Road Warrior-type, post-apocalyptic light sweater. Even later in conservative-*** D.C., I'd wear a brown-gray cashmere wrap as a long skirt. There was nothing sarong-ish about it. The only time that was a mistake was once with a buzzed head as I looked like I was distributing copies of the Bhagavad Gita. Other than that, I loved it.

Basically, I'm all for it.

27-01-2004
arndom

I remember that Comme made a tweed trouser-skirt some time ago (FW98). I would wear that, too. (at weekends only, tho:-) The jacket is abs. beautiful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00025.jpg (23.9 KB, 78 views)

27-01-2004
Day Dreaming

I hate it...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
men, skirts