How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-01-2004
slightly dizzy

I love skirts on men, especially when it's done ethnically.

I've never worn one myself, but why not?

27-01-2004
V.I.P.

yes , eys and yes

front row

I don't think its weird...So what if its more accustomed for girls to wear skirts...its still fabric, covering the body like any other article of clothing

30-01-2004
scenester

I guess to each his own, but for me i have to draw a line somewhere.....

If i saw a guy in skirt id think he looked like an idiot who is solely out to attract attention to himself

besides, it looks very unflattering on a guy. its true the lines between men and women are constantly getting more blurred and hard to define, but u do have to stop somewhere.....whats next. men in heels?

dl

30-01-2004
flaunt the imperfection

Oh My God- I absolutely LOVE a man in a skirt. Did anyone see the exhibit at the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in NYC? A whole exhibit dedicated to men in skirts and a book to go along! Gaultier's been showing skirts on men since the 80's. I had friends who wore them out to Danceteria, pyramid, etc. Very Punk@! Very cool!

Has anyone checked out utilkilts.com

most of these guys are NOT gay. Gay or Straight, I think it's sooooo hot. Any man with enough balls to walk around with them hanging out has got to have it going on...if you know what I mean!

Did I mention that I love men in skirts?!??!

trend or not-it's hot!

30-01-2004
V.I.P.

I think you need hips to look good in a skirt.

backstage pass

My friends and I used to joke that I have a kilt fetish I spent a week last summer learning bagpipes so I'm used to boys in "skirts". I think they're great. I think there was an article on it in some magazine recently...maybe Elle Girl? But anyway, I think boys look good in them. And I also don't think you need to have hips to look good in them. Like when boys rock girls pants. Ohhh I wish I could find a boy in a skirt. I hope it catches on!

Then again, I also have a crush on Eddie Izzard (transvestite) and Brini Maxwell (dragqueen)... When I met Eddie he was wearing an amazing polkadot skirt with stilleto black boots. He looked fab! *swoons*

31-01-2004
Mannikin

I love skirts! It is so chic! There are so many ways and styles of wearing them.

01-02-2004
Stitch:the Hand

Yet,there are some people who still don't realize men, of even the most macho, have been wearing skirts for ages. And lets not forget vestments and robes which is where skirts got there variations from. Only society has decided for us all,that we aren't allowed to wear a certain something and frankly those rules are never to be followed,imo.

If women can wear what is considered our trouser suits and manshirts,I say,who are you to say we can't wear what is percieved for women?

"Soley to attract attention"?? No,that's not my style at all,I beg to differ. Skirts soften the male exterior;make men appear more romantic and elegant. Often times,making one appear more discreet--even subtle. Of course,it always depends on the shape and the cutting involved--narrowly-cut,it never makes men look too girly.

01-02-2004
rising star

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott@Feb 1st, 2004 - 9:29 am
Yet,there are some people who still don't realize men, of even the most macho, have been wearing skirts for ages. And lets not forget vestments and robes which is where skirts got there variations from. Only society has decided for us all,that we aren't allowed to wear a certain something and frankly those rules are never to be followed,imo.

If women can wear what is considered our trouser suits and manshirts,I say,who are you to say we can't wear what is percieved for women?

"Soley to attract attention"?? No,that's not my style at all,I beg to differ. Skirts soften the male exterior;make men appear more romantic and elegant. Often times,making one appear more discreet--even subtle. Of course,it always depends on the shape and the cutting involved--narrowly-cut,it never makes men look too girly.
we neeed more of you in my town

a guy wear a skirt in my town=outkast for the rest of your life..

although, that wouldnt be a bad thing (it sucks here) Im down for it!!

maybe ill try it sometime

01-02-2004
scenester

just a difference in preferences i suppose, i just dont see how a man wearing a skirt can even be remotely described as discreet

dl

01-02-2004
Melody Nelson

It's fine with me, I think that as long as the guy wearing the skirt is comfortable with it then go for it! whatever a person chooses to wear is a personal desison so just wear whatever you feel comfortable with

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott@Feb 1st, 2004 - 7:29 am
Only society has decided for us all,that we aren't allowed to wear a certain something and frankly those rules are never to be followed,imo.

so true!

F*Ck the rules! :punk:

Mannikin

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu+Feb 1st, 2004 - 3:43 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Feb 1st, 2004 - 3:43 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Feb 1st, 2004 - 7:29 am
Only society has decided for us all,that we aren't allowed to wear a certain something and frankly those rules are never to be followed,imo.

so true!

F*Ck the rules! :punk: [/b][/quote]
absolutely Scott and Space

05-02-2004
trendsetter

I love it.
Here's a photo of a Japanese student I went to school with. This is during graduation.
http://public.fotki.com/sugo/randomness-1/.../yaponchik.html

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
men, skirts