How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by dl20@Mar 30th, 2004 - 8:53 pm
this site is about fashion....not crossdressing

in the words of Gaukltier
"puting a man in a skirt is not crossdressing, puting him in a bra is"

p.s. cross dressing sis till dressing , wich relates to clothes wich is fashion

03-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by dl20+Mar 30th, 2004 - 10:53 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dl20 @ Mar 30th, 2004 - 10:53 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Max@Mar 27th, 2004 - 1:06 am
Whoever said that guys' skirts will be a "big trend" can't possibly be serious. I can see no average style-savvy western guy wearing these. It's one thing to do a track jacket under a blazer- that just looks strange sometimes to the bystander, but I can't imagine anyone but trend-whores wearing these in public. Kilts, particularly utitlity kilts, were remotely on the radar amongst the indie crowd last year but even then you'd only see the most hardcore scenesters wearing them and it faded real quick.
I agree with MAX 100% , no straight guy would be caught dead in a skirt......I mean come on...

[/b][/quote]
Umm...so all Scotsmen are gay then...?

03-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Apr 3rd, 2004 - 2:07 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Apr 3rd, 2004 - 2:07 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by dl20@Mar 30th, 2004 - 10:53 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Max
Quote:
@Mar 27th, 2004 - 1:06 am
Whoever said that guys' skirts will be a "big trend" can't possibly be serious. I can see no average style-savvy western guy wearing these. It's one thing to do a track jacket under a blazer- that just looks strange sometimes to the bystander, but I can't imagine anyone but trend-whores wearing these in public. Kilts, particularly utitlity kilts, were remotely on the radar amongst the indie crowd last year but even then you'd only see the most hardcore scenesters wearing them and it faded real quick.

I agree with MAX 100% , no straight guy would be caught dead in a skirt......I mean come on...

Umm...so all Scotsmen are gay then...? [/b][/quote]

and midel easter, indian, native american.............

V.I.P.

Well, men in skirts in Western European and European American culture (with the exception of Celtic origin) are usually associated with drag. To that extent, it is presently associated with homosexual culture. Perhaps that is what is meant?

barcode

I certainly hope that's what they mean. As a gay man I wanna say first, I would never wear a skirt and second that's quite narrowminded and stereotypical. That being said, I just don't like skirts on guys for fashions sake, it's a great notion of trying to add to the vocabulary of men's fashion, but of all things, the skirt?

04-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu+Apr 3rd, 2004 - 8:40 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Apr 3rd, 2004 - 8:40 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 3rd, 2004 - 2:07 pm
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Max
Quote:
Quote:

and midel easter, indian, native american............. [/b][/quote]
And all the men from the Old and New Testament...

04-04-2004
barcode

Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia+Apr 4th, 2004 - 2:07 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(purplelucrezia @ Apr 4th, 2004 - 2:07 am)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Apr 3rd, 2004 - 8:40 pm
Quote:
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Max
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And all the men from the Old and New Testament... [/b][/quote]
and pretty much every man in ancient history like Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians......that's a s**tload of gay guys in the world!

04-04-2004
V.I.P.

04-04-2004
kit
tfs star

BILL TORNADE tried minis for men a few seasons ago !!!

Didn't take off !!!

KIT

05-04-2004
rising star

I'm sure men would have a problem hiding a certain bulge in most styles of skirt.
Unless kilts take off other than in Scotland, men should leave well alone.

06-04-2004
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

not me thank you!I dont trust my legs!@##$$**

06-04-2004
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

Even in Africa we have Kanzus like the ones Saad posted but again thats another story. But i ve seen some people looking really nice in long denim skirts!

06-04-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Spike413+Apr 4th, 2004 - 12:42 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spike413 @ Apr 4th, 2004 - 12:42 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Quote:
Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Apr 4th, 2004 - 2:07 am
Quote:
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Apr 3rd, 2004 - 8:40 pm
Quote:
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Max
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

And all the men from the Old and New Testament...
and pretty much every man in ancient history like Romans, Greeks, and Egyptians......that's a s**tload of gay guys in the world! [/b][/quote]

i wonder how the population is on the grow then??

comeon...minis are bad, right...but sotsmen and arabs ets. arent that badd....

07-04-2004
backstage pass

this is what i'm picturing:

a very gothic look with a very fitted, long (hits the ankles) skirt. i think that would be hot. actually, i don't think it would be bad with a non-fitted skirt too. i'm thinking those long cargo skirts (maharishi. i think the maharishi ones were shorter though) in a dark color.

i duno, just the ideas in my head
personally, i don't like kilts and on the miniskirt thing. maybe, just maybe if the person had very feminine legs (not very muscular, no hair, etc) um. am i describing a crossdresser? i don't know where i crossed the line

12-04-2004
scenester

Ok, OK, no straight man in the continental US would be caught dead wearing a skirt.....is that better for you all?????? Even my gay friends said any guy in a skirt is "an attention seeking queen"....his words, not mine

my point is that i'd bet that any guy in this thread who speaks of wearing a skirt would never actually go out in public with one on......they just enjoy going against the grain

spacemiu, id reply to your comments but i seriously cannot read a thing you "type"

dl

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
men, skirts