How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-05-2008
fashion elite

I like the gladiator types too, but I dont think I would wear them. I think for guys that they have to be very short, and not as tall on the calf as some of the womens versions that Ive seen.

04-05-2008
backstage pass

wouldn't do it if i was you M8.
i can just imagine those strappy thingys pulling on my hairy legs...
not that i'm some sort of man-wolf, but since i refuse to shave my legs.
no hair on my back or my chest, but my legs is where it's at.

just plain old flip-flops for me.

05-05-2008
backstage pass

Kasparis

Facehunter

05-05-2008
backstage pass

no no wasn't thinking of those super high gladiator ones pulling on leg hair. The ones I"ve seen are to the ankle or so. I'm worried they'll be too feminine, but the D&G ones looked pretty masculine. Maybe I'll just go to the store in shorts and beach gear, and try them on.

05-05-2008
fashion elite

Those dont look so bad. I defintely think they look better with jeans than with the shorts though.

05-05-2008
backstage pass

I think the sandals I post look like some Saw's traps for feet haha.

07-05-2008
windowshopping

IDK if i could pull sandals off in everyday life! If they were the high fashion designers ones maybe!

Pedicure first lol!

08-05-2008
tfs star

I'll be honest. I was thinking about if I had some casual sandals to wear out and about. My feet sometimes get a little itchy with my socks on with my ankle boots (no fun!). I don't think I've ever worn sandals out in public since 2001. I was at Guadelupe River State Park (minutes away from San Antonio) on a Sunday. Something about me is that I've liked men's flip-flops (meaning the Old Navy-style flip-flops femmes usually wear) only as long as the colors are black or brown. I've seen some more rugged thong sandals for men, and I'm okay with those. Someone I got to meet today was a girl who usually dresses like a guy, and she had on the kind of rugged brown flip-flops today at school.

A lot of guys would be beaten up or looked at funny wearing some of these sandals. I kind of wonder about these sandals. Are the designers trying to come up with something to offer stylish sandals to men. This all goes back to my own personal investigation on if it's possible to express male beauty with chic sandals. It isn't likely guys will be wearing any chic sandals anytime soon. I'd most likely stick to some of the aforementioned sandal styles as far as wearing any kind of fashion sandals. I don't think you can make stylish sandals for men much the same way we've had our own leather dress shoes, moccassins, and shoes like that. You may well make stylish sandals as unisex fashion. Like a pair of strappy sandals that are just as beautiful on a femme's feat as they would be for hommes. These fashion sandals are not going to happen and not going to catch on. I don't even expect any of my guy friends wearing these kinds of sandals from this thread. Going to be pretty impossible to get guys to have stylish outfits to go with some very chic male sandals. But if these designers can pull off a quality product, then more power to them.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
08, mens, s or s, sandals