How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-07-2005
Lea
fashion insider

I love this trend! I hope it doesn't become too popular

24-07-2005
V.I.P.

Great thread Spike.

But hasn't military "style" been around for ages....... These types of coats, I've seen them around forever..... But yes, the new shapes are more refined, I like the cuts and the strategic placement of the buttons. Very modern.

24-07-2005
V.I.P.

love it.

i have a dark blue jacket with golden buttons, inspired by the Gaultier one..i immediately fell in love with the entire look when i first saw it. it's such clean and elegant trend, especially when paired with night dresses. also, i concur with travolta, it's kind of sexy :p . thanks for starting the thead, spike.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
But hasn't military "style" been around for ages....... These types of coats, I've seen them around forever.....
yeah, they've been around for a few years now..but in different shapes, types and colours think.

balenciaga s/s 05

etre soi-meme

good eye mulletProof, it all started with Balenciaga and it sure is blooming for fw05.06

it is certainly a 'rising' trend much more with fitted jackets that look a bit like cheerleader or 'vintage' army clothes, lots of buttons, high collars, super fitted, sleeves with high cuffs and rushing on shoulders.. its cute, i like it

thanks for the thread but...
KINDLY POST CREDITS FOR ALL PHOTOS POSTED

24-07-2005
V.I.P.

I love this trend i have about 5 different jackets in this style, i love them with big shiney buttons. I also like ones with gold piping. They are so versitile you can were them with loads of things. Ive been wearing myn for ages though, i got my first one around about may.

24-07-2005
V.I.P.

Yes, Balenciaga is the absolute best in military-esque fashion, IMO.

24-07-2005
barcode

^ Yes, it's all in the sharpness of the cut.

24-07-2005
Adorable illusion

A lot of indie bands have been wearing this style.

24-07-2005
trendsetter

I love it too, i don't know if it would look good on me i'm too short. I want it tho, and it's too expensive.

24-07-2005
More Old Skool Than You

Looks like what my grandpa and dad were wearing between the 1930's and 1950's. For men I would suggest checking out surplus stores, they're overflowing with all kinds of sick jackets, and around here they are different cuts and fabrics from different countries. The Navy tends to have a better style.

More Old Skool Than You

I'll call my dad tomorrow if he can dig up photos of the Naval Academy coats. When my grandpa died my grandma gave all his clothes away to charity, but I think we still have a couple things. What really always stood out in my head was the Army coats, long, pewter colored wool coats with golden buttons all the way down. Gives me the piss shiver thining about them.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
Great thread Spike.

But hasn't military "style" been around for ages....... These types of coats, I've seen them around forever..... But yes, the new shapes are more refined, I like the cuts and the strategic placement of the buttons. Very modern.
Exactly. That's what designers do when they are stuck (and they seem to be stuck all the time ), an easy way out. Not that it's that bad, because I love the look. It's just the talk of "inspiration" and bla, bla, bla, that irks me.

25-07-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourboltmain
I'll call my dad tomorrow if he can dig up photos of the Naval Academy coats. When my grandpa died my grandma gave all his clothes away to charity, but I think we still have a couple things. What really always stood out in my head was the Army coats, long, pewter colored wool coats with golden buttons all the way down. Gives me the piss shiver thining about them.
yea, i wouldn't trade my swedish navy coat (granted that it was a bit reworked) for any of this .

25-07-2005
V.I.P.

I like most of them, good job

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0506, f or w, military