How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-09-2013
front row

I like the long classic 90s overalls but you have to be so careful with the styling to avoid looking like a child or a farmer. Rolling the hem and wearing them with some kind of chunky heeled but still casual sandal seems to work. The shorteralls and pinafore styles are probably easier and less confronting to the general public's overall hating sensibilities, but less interesting, because didn't we already do that revival around 2007? I feel like long overalls have been gone long enough to feel fun again.

I just skimmed this thread and see that the early posts WERE from 2006-7 but that there were plenty of very skinny leg long overalls around too. Perhaps it is the slouchier leg ones which seem, for me, to have been gone long enough to seem like a good idea again, although the skinny levi pairs from the early part of this thread do hold up well!

Last edited by Sylphide; 14-09-2013 at 12:02 AM.

03-10-2013
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphide View Post
I like the long classic 90s overalls but you have to be so careful with the styling to avoid looking like a child or a farmer. Rolling the hem and wearing them with some kind of chunky heeled but still casual sandal seems to work. The shorteralls and pinafore styles are probably easier and less confronting to the general public's overall hating sensibilities, but less interesting, because didn't we already do that revival around 2007? I feel like long overalls have been gone long enough to feel fun again.

I just skimmed this thread and see that the early posts WERE from 2006-7 but that there were plenty of very skinny leg long overalls around too. Perhaps it is the slouchier leg ones which seem, for me, to have been gone long enough to seem like a good idea again, although the skinny levi pairs from the early part of this thread do hold up well!
^ I agree. The classic overalls are always the way to go, but it's really a hit or miss with this trend. They must be well fitted and styled to a T or you risk looking like an oversized child. In any case, I welcome the revival of classic overalls with open arms

08-12-2013
tfs star

i just love overalls, i love the amount of pockets especially

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
overalls