How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-11-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
I wonder if people are just using footless tights and pulling them over the foot......
yes, this is what i'm doing except for a pair of stirrups that i have but basically i use footless tights and pull them over the foot

23-11-2007
fashion insider

I like it on the first pic and on princessimp

23-11-2007
girl who fell to earth

for those of you who have been pulling your leggings down over the foot...
do the leggings continue to mold to your lower leg and ankle (like the girl in the first post) or do they gap away?

I guess that would only happen if it was a tough stretch..
also would probably depend on the material of the leggings..
if they are footless tights that are pulled down i can see that material hugging your legs better than cotton leggings..

23-11-2007
& b

AA has these in many colors. I have them in blk.

Meg
inspired contemplation

yeah the girl in the sart. pic i'm pretty sure is just pulling leggings over her heel. That is the only way I will wear leggings in public really. Susie bubble started doing it ages ago and to be honest, thats where I got the inspiration from. If you get ankle length leggings it's not that hard to do, especially if you're short. My leggings actually bunch at the ankle so it's easy to pull them over my heel and wear them that way.

23-11-2007
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
yeah the girl in the sart. pic i'm pretty sure is just pulling leggings over her heel. That is the only way I will wear leggings in public really. Susie bubble started doing it ages ago and to be honest, thats where I got the inspiration from. If you get ankle length leggings it's not that hard to do, especially if you're short. My leggings actually bunch at the ankle so it's easy to pull them over my heel and wear them that way.
exactly i took inspiration from Susie too. Actually it's the only way i've been wearing my leggings lately because it's different from what you see everyday and i do use cotton leggings

flaunt the imperfection

this originated with DANCERS...

i have had a pair from capezio for a really long time...
(like more than 5 years)
they call them 'convertible leggings...'
they do have a hole...
i have legwarmers like this as well...also from a dance shop...
we all wore our legwarmers pulled down like this in the 80's...
but they never had the hole- which is a def improvement
and the tights as well...

i think that the cut out toe and heel make it easier for your foot to grip the shoes you are wearing..that is what they are there for..
i would think that tights and ballet flats are actually quite slippery otherwise...
as least they have been in my experience...

the prada open toed socks seems to be responsible for this current explosion of them......

***thanks for starting the thread chrissy......

Last edited by softgrey; 23-11-2007 at 01:17 PM.
23-11-2007
front row

I know that dancers have tights without toes, but they usually are in black, nude and sometimes white and pink, which is why I thought most girls were just pulling down their leggings.

I think though I have an old pair of black left over from my dancing days......it pays to be a pack rat sometimes

23-11-2007
girl who fell to earth

good point about the open heel making it easier to grip shoes..

i feel like i want to invest in a pair with the heel cut out just so i can wear a certain pair of pumps that i have (they are a full size too big)..
though i can make the pumps work they are almost impossible to wear with tights because of the foot slippage issue..

i would love to see more pics of this look if anyone wants to share

23-11-2007
tfs star

(tightsplease.com) On tightsplease.com they are called ski pants. And they're only 5.99 pounds. Bargain.

23-11-2007
leave me with your Borneo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner8675309 View Post
I wonder if people are just using footless tights and pulling them over the foot......
that's what i do. it started in winter when it was super chilly and my ankles were cold. i pulled them down to keep my feet warmer and ended up loving how it looked. my legs are short, so i always have extra length to work with, and it's definitely more flattering for my legs!

Meg
inspired contemplation

^
I agree that it's more flattering as it doesn't just cut your leg off like a lot of leggings do.

edit: here is a link, with pictures, to susie's blog talking about it last year http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style...ull_em_do.html

Last edited by Meg; 23-11-2007 at 07:29 PM.
23-11-2007
girl who fell to earth

thanks for the link meg

susie definitely is an innovative dresser and knows how to make this look work...

i have shorter legs and a long torso so i think this look would definitely be more flattering with heels etc than just having the leggings cut off at the ankles as usual..

i think i almost did this with cotton leggings but the sort of gapping thing i mentioned happened and i was also worried about sliding out of my heels..

23-11-2007
scenester

That's how I do it, just pull footless tights down past my ankles! Definitely elongates the leg

Last edited by tinsley; 23-11-2007 at 10:05 PM.
23-11-2007
Meg
inspired contemplation

chrissy I've never had a problem with my feet sliding out of my shoes while doing this. Sometimes it makes them a wee bit tighter even because you have that extra bit of fabric wedged in there.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
peep, tights, toe