How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-12-2007
trendsetter

here's some i found at urban outfitters. they're thigh high and ribbed (for your pleasure).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5743421961758_black_m.jpg (11.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 5743421961758_grey_m.jpg (12.3 KB, 10 views)

16-12-2007
girl who fell to earth

i like those versions from urban..
thanks for sharing them!

16-12-2007
V.I.P.

esile, is the heel cut out?

16-12-2007
trendsetter

lost, the heels are not cut out. also, i forgot to mention that they are only on the uk urban outfitters website.

chrissy, you're welcome.

tfs star

Now that I think about this more, this all sort of ties back to an old comment I remember on here. Someone was telling me on here that pairing leggings helps your legs look better. It's all about that silhouette look for most ladies. It's the reason why ladies are obligated to tuck their favorite pair of boots into their favorite pair of jeans or pants. Usually jeans get tucked into boots as I've only seen pants tucked into boots ONLY when treading through flood waters. And usually with rain boots. Anyhow, I can understand the silhouette kind of look for these tights. But why really bother? Leg warmers are just fine. I'm not usually tolerant of leg warmers. My favorites are the flared leg warmers popular in Japan. Just seeing these "peep-toe" tights are an eyesore to me. No sort of beauty or artistic value to them (and I am an art person). Designers will find all sorts of ways to dress up common fashion pieces, but this isn't one of the better ones.

I'm sorry. I don't see the style in this. Fashionistas may completely disagree with me, but I don't see the real style. I don't see the style even if I were a lady.

21-12-2007
trendsetter

Given the choice of flared leg warmers or peep toe tights. Personally, I'd go for the peep toes.

girl who fell to earth

^^me too...
i haven't done this yet..
but women (an men too i suppose) are always looking for something new and different..
it maybe not always look good to everyone but i think that the innovation sometimes makes things look more attractive than they actually are..

21-12-2007
fashion insider

I like the uo ones

05-01-2008
backstage pass

pulling the leggings over your feet elongates the legs, and it looks great, too, imho

18-01-2008
rising star

I think they look good for casual or at the gym. I see them now and then. Mostly the sports tights / leggings are worn by women at the gym or around town. I saw a few wear the stirrup style. Over the heal style is in if worn with a nice healed shoe. I say ok with the correct outfit. I like the look. I .... also....... own one pair in blue. Good at the gym with shorts or longer casual shorts.

18-01-2008
windowshopping

I have a royal blue pair I got from American Apparel last May...they are pretty awesome....

D‘MMkammern

came across these sequinned bruno pieters and remembered this thread (pic from style)

girl who fell to earth

^^something inside of me (the part that likes shiny/sequined things) almost likes those..

20-01-2008
D‘MMkammern

i know that feeling... you are somehow loving it, but then the image of posh wearing black sequinned leggings comes to mind and you have to say "those are not for me!"

i didnt post because i liked them, i just randomly remembered this being mentioned as a possible trend

rising star

so long as they dont morph into stirrups!!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
peep, tights, toe