How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-01-2007
tfs star

i love parkas when it gets cold-- very mod.

most "winter" coats are only fall coats, really; they won't take you through a winter in nyc. i have a nice helmut lang one with fur trim, and a durable juicy couture one in grey I got at Barneys which are totally appropriate to jan-feb chilly misery.

23-01-2007
windowshopping

heres some pictures of Ashley Olsen and Kirsten Dunst wearing them, i think that can look quite chic

taken from MK&A TFS forum - credit:polfoto.dk

credit: kirsten-dunst.org

i think they both look amazing with the mini skirts and black tights, suits the army green well.

23-01-2007
backstage pass

Wow, Lucy Liu is dressed exactly the same as the majority of the girls in my school! Hooded jacket with fur trim, jeans, and the exact style of boots too... A little originality wouldn't hurt.

front row

My butt gets too cold if I wear a jacket that ends at my waist. I have a BIG butt so there's a lot of surface area for heat transfer, so I need to keep that thing well covered!

25-01-2007
V.I.P.

It's funny but coming from Montreal where it's FREEZING a good part of the year, the parka was never in or out, it's just a given that at some point you'll own one because it's so cold. I never saw it as a trend...

25-01-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assembler
I live in Toronto and finally bought a long parka last year to deal with the commute to work (I have to take public transit, and the GO bus is almost always late which means i'm waiting for 15 - 30 min in the freezing cold). I thought it was hideous, and still get embarassed when I get on the subway in it, but it's WARM. It goes to mid calf. I got long boots on under my pants, incredibly warm hat, scarf, gloves (not too warm, need to get the leather pair from Marks' Workwearhouse... not as stylish maybe but very very warm) and I just look in amazement at the other people waiting for buses in their teensy jackets and no hats. I hate the cold though, and just about everyone makes fun of me when I break out all this stuff atleast a month earlier than anyone else. It's been a warmer winter than normal, so I probably could have gotten away with my regular coat, but I've been stuck outside in a quick onset of freezing weather enough times that I don't risk it anymore.

I make up for it by having atleast one gorgeous wool coat in my closet. It's just not too warm. I take it out of the closet every now and then and look at it with admiration though.
Here in Montreal it's -27 today and I'll be damned if I sacrifice warmth for cuteness. No one on the street is noticing how you dress because there too busy crying to themselves and running to get inside. I have a triple 5 parka that I got 2 years ago, and it's sleek and incredibly warm(if that's possible).

25-01-2007
rising star

I would die without my parka
if it´s really cold what else should I wear?
I wish I could have one for my nose too

20-02-2011
backstage pass

Wow we need to bring this thread back to life!

Anyone know of nice warm parkas for winter?

Thanks!

source Seventh avenue australia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GiovannaBattaglia2.jpg (26.7 KB, 27 views)

20-02-2011
V.I.P.

I have been wearing parka coats like ... 10 years now.
And here in Finland, we have horrible winters and winter last about 6 months, so I rather dress up and stay warm than wear some teeny tiny jacket and layers over layers.
Parka coats are cute and I am all for parka.
Wool coats can be little cold to be wear when it is -30C as it has been couple weeks now!!!!!!!!
and I will never ever ever touch in fur.
So, parka is my one and only choice.
Oh and parka coats are also super comdortable and they are rooy enough for chunkyer knits etc.

I never actually understood people who walk around in thin layer of clothes when it is super super super cold...not even hat on! wierd and stupid.

and that parka Carine is wearing is absolutely disgusting. Ew.

V.I.P.

I still adore my parka I feel so grungey in it its my rain coat, practical and cute..!

22-02-2011
backstage pass

Carine? Huh?

Ya I'm in Canada so that's why I was asking.
I need a nice WARM coat, possibly an alternative to Canada Goose. Something less sporty.

Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna-maria View Post
I have been wearing parka coats like ... 10 years now.
And here in Finland, we have horrible winters and winter last about 6 months, so I rather dress up and stay warm than wear some teeny tiny jacket and layers over layers.
Parka coats are cute and I am all for parka.
Wool coats can be little cold to be wear when it is -30C as it has been couple weeks now!!!!!!!!
and I will never ever ever touch in fur.
So, parka is my one and only choice.
Oh and parka coats are also super comdortable and they are rooy enough for chunkyer knits etc.

I never actually understood people who walk around in thin layer of clothes when it is super super super cold...not even hat on! wierd and stupid.

and that parka Carine is wearing is absolutely disgusting. Ew.

25-02-2011
front row

I'm in love with parkas. I got one from Topshop that i got over a year ago. And even if parkas are not the most glamourest outfit there is, I find them cute too (and "cool"!).

02-03-2011
front row

[quote=Boluda;8729355]Wow we need to bring this thread back to life!

Anyone know of nice warm parkas for winter?

Thanks!

maybe you can check a.p.c site. i got a nice army green one from there recently and i wear it basically every single day. it's not that sporty, quite sleek in design, actually.

i believe comfort is the ultimate luxery, and i really love my parka

chaos reigns

I agree, they may be fug, but they're warm ... I do not wear mine often (living near the Equator) but whenever I got up to the mountains when its cold and rainy its nice to be warm (as you can see from this pic, the squirrel agrees, too!)

from my facebook.com page.

scenester

I prefer the parka/anorak to the black puffy sleeping bag coats that take over Chicago during the winter. At least they're usually colored, rather than just straight black. I prefer the military green ones myself.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
make, parka, wear