How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-11-2009
trendsetter

^^Really? Mine are super dark, you can't see my eyes at all through them.

30-11-2009
windowshopping

Weird, you can see my eyes through them. But maybe that's just cause mine are prescription...

01-12-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspberry Jam View Post
Weird, you can see my eyes through them. But maybe that's just cause mine are prescription...
^^Ah, that's probably it. I have the tortoise and my DH has the black and they're both super dark.

15-01-2010
rising star

This may sound incredibly dumb but I don't want to harm them in any way, there not even a month old.

What is the best way to clean the lenses without scratching the glass?

I took mine to the beach a couple of times and went into the water with them (not underwater) and they have what appears to be dried salt water on them.

Should I just use a cloth and soapy warm water?
Or windex?
Is there a specific way of cleaning them?

front row

I asked this on the yay or nay accessories thread a few days ago and haven't gotten any replies so I'll try my luck here, lol

I've been thinking of getting glasses (I'm getting tired of poking my eye with contacts) and I was wondering what the general opinion on clubmasters as glasses were... I have a longish face like Zachary Quinto or Ryan Reynolds (definitely not saying that I look anything close to them)

I'm just worried they might be too "Oh, look at me, look at how classic and cool my glasses are."

Thanks

toniandguy-opticians.co.uk

Also, I'm sorry if this question was asked and/or answered here somewhere. I'm lazy and very sleepy right now.

Last edited by Menace; 21-02-2010 at 12:17 AM.
21-02-2010
V.I.P.

hmm. those glasses keep popping up in movies ive been seeing ( grey gardens, an education) and im not sure if theyd really fit your face or not at all.

I heard the rule choose glasses the opposite shape of your face. So round faces choose rectangular ones and vice versa. Your face is longer(i assume) so it should suit you since they are rounder.

I do think the black rim may lift your face and shorten (black is slimming) your forehead making your lower face look longer. Maybe you do want to show that off. I prefer balance though.

Its really up to you and i hope that helped.

21-02-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailme. View Post
hmm. those glasses keep popping up in movies ive been seeing ( grey gardens, an education) and im not sure if theyd really fit your face or not at all.

I heard the rule choose glasses the opposite shape of your face. So round faces choose rectangular ones and vice versa. Your face is longer(i assume) so it should suit you since they are rounder.

I do think the black rim may lift your face and shorten (black is slimming) your forehead making your lower face look longer. Maybe you do want to show that off. I prefer balance though.

Its really up to you and i hope that helped.
That was very informative, thank you very much. I just ordered a black pair with gold rims and we'll see how they look. If they do infact make my lower face look longer, I'll go for a tortoise or something... I prefer balance as well!

V.I.P.

no problem.

i lost my clubmasters a few weeks ago. i was so upset and then bought another one right away.

21-02-2010
scenester

I LOVE THEM! It's classic and cool.. I want pair!

21-02-2010
V.I.P.

menace have you heard of moscot yukel? they make really nice ones as well.

21-02-2010
front row

I haven't heard of moscot yukel, they look very much like the clubmasters... (I actually can't seem to tell the difference... are they the same?)

V.I.P.

i personally never seen them in real life but ive heard good things about moscot glasses. theyre the ones they use in movies(like the ones ive mentioned).

21-02-2010
trendsetter

Love this photo from http://jakandjil.com/ - it's a croc Hermes with RB clubmasters = perfect!

22-02-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailme. View Post
i personally never seen them in real life but ive heard good things about moscot glasses. theyre the ones they use in movies(like the ones ive mentioned).
Oh I see, well that's interesting... because they look the same to me. Maybe the fit is a bit different...

windowshopping

wow,
i love the girl's wear

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ban, clubmaster, ray, sunglasses