How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-05-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise1986 View Post
rb 2140 tortoise size 50?
not sure about the size though, could as well be a 54 mm
Thanks

20-06-2010
trendsetter

queenposh - I love Vivien's (AdR's assistant) shaded ray ban's she wears everywhere! I really want to find a pair!

23-06-2010
trendsetter

^^Could you post photos? Did you get the black with subway?

28-06-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauxgoris View Post
^^Could you post photos? Did you get the black with subway?
yep, i got the black one don't have a digicam at the moment, but it looks exactly like this it has a part of the NYC subway map printed on the inside. i found the idea very original, that's basically why i chose this model :p

www.cavinyc.com

it comes with a red (fake) leather case

www.freshngood.com

28-06-2010
trendsetter

^^Those are great! The subway print is my fav of the line.

I've been the hamptons this week - and all I see are ray-ban's of different colors and shapes. They're still really hot. I think they've moved into the "classic" category now.

28-06-2010
trendsetter

p.s. I finally found the wayfarer skinny's in a polarized version!

28-06-2010
trendsetter

These but in a polarized version. Now that I have polarized sunglasses, I can't wear anything else!

image: thesartorialist.com

29-06-2010
windowshopping

I'm looking for these sunglasses but it's hard to find them. Have you ever seen them in light havana?
And beauxgoris can you tell me what are the difference between usual glasses and the polarized ones?

29-06-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
These but in a polarized version. Now that I have polarized sunglasses, I can't wear anything else!
what exatcly is the difference between polarized lenses and others? except for the price :p

29-06-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnès38 View Post
I'm looking for these sunglasses but it's hard to find them. Have you ever seen them in light havana?
And beauxgoris can you tell me what are the difference between usual glasses and the polarized ones?
^^Which ones are you looking for?

As for polarization, yes it costs more - but it's TOTALLY worth it. Polarization can be in grey, grey-green, or brown lens - but in addition to cutting out UVA and UBA rays, it eliminates glare. For example when you're driving on a sunny day and the cars coming towards you all have bright reflected windshields facing you - well polarization gets rid of that so you can see right in the car. It's like x-ray glasses. haha. It's great for snow as well and also when you're at the beach or on the water: it takes the glare off the water so you can see beneath. Once you have polarized you won't want to be without it.

HTH

29-06-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
^^Which ones are you looking for?

As for polarization, yes it costs more - but it's TOTALLY worth it. Polarization can be in grey, grey-green, or brown lens - but in addition to cutting out UVA and UBA rays, it eliminates glare. For example when you're driving on a sunny day and the cars coming towards you all have bright reflected windshields facing you - well polarization gets rid of that so you can see right in the car. It's like x-ray glasses. haha. It's great for snow as well and also when you're at the beach or on the water: it takes the glare off the water so you can see beneath. Once you have polarized you won't want to be without it.

HTH
thanks for explaining. i was always wondering why there is such a big prize difference between polarized ones and others
that sounds great it'd be great esp. for driving; maybe i'll get a pair

29-06-2010
trendsetter

^^They're really great for driving, actually I can't imagine driving now without them. I have a lot of sunglasses, and I'm passing by even my "nicer" Chanel sunglasses that aren't polarized in favor of all my polarized pairs.

30-06-2010
front row

Quote:

image: thesartorialist.com
beauxgoris - which model is this one and where did you find the polarized ones? i love them! TIA

30-06-2010
trendsetter

^^Sure they are the Ray Ban Cats 1000, also known as ray ban 4126. If you're in the USA you can find them at department stores or online at rayban.com

30-06-2010
front row

^ thanks much! i found some online...yippeee. once you go polarized you can't go back to without it!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, rayban, wayfarers