How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
05-05-2010
  901
front row
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elise1986 View Post
rb 2140 tortoise size 50?
not sure about the size though, could as well be a 54 mm
Thanks

 
 
20-06-2010
  902
trendsetter
 
beauxgoris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,283
queenposh - I love Vivien's (AdR's assistant) shaded ray ban's she wears everywhere! I really want to find a pair!

 
23-06-2010
  903
trendsetter
 
beauxgoris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,283
^^Could you post photos? Did you get the black with subway?

 
28-06-2010
  904
backstage pass
 
Elise1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauxgoris View Post
^^Could you post photos? Did you get the black with subway?
yep, i got the black one don't have a digicam at the moment, but it looks exactly like this it has a part of the NYC subway map printed on the inside. i found the idea very original, that's basically why i chose this model :p



www.cavinyc.com

it comes with a red (fake) leather case



www.freshngood.com

 
28-06-2010
  905
trendsetter
 
beauxgoris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,283
^^Those are great! The subway print is my fav of the line.

I've been the hamptons this week - and all I see are ray-ban's of different colors and shapes. They're still really hot. I think they've moved into the "classic" category now.

 
28-06-2010
  906
trendsetter
 
beauxgoris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,283
p.s. I finally found the wayfarer skinny's in a polarized version!

 
28-06-2010
  907
trendsetter
 
beauxgoris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,283
These but in a polarized version. Now that I have polarized sunglasses, I can't wear anything else!

image: thesartorialist.com

 
29-06-2010
  908
windowshopping
 
agnès38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: France
Gender: femme
Posts: 24
I'm looking for these sunglasses but it's hard to find them. Have you ever seen them in light havana?
And beauxgoris can you tell me what are the difference between usual glasses and the polarized ones?

 
29-06-2010
  909
backstage pass
 
Elise1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauxgoris View Post
These but in a polarized version. Now that I have polarized sunglasses, I can't wear anything else!
what exatcly is the difference between polarized lenses and others? except for the price :p

 
29-06-2010
  910
trendsetter
 
beauxgoris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnès38 View Post
I'm looking for these sunglasses but it's hard to find them. Have you ever seen them in light havana?
And beauxgoris can you tell me what are the difference between usual glasses and the polarized ones?
^^Which ones are you looking for?

As for polarization, yes it costs more - but it's TOTALLY worth it. Polarization can be in grey, grey-green, or brown lens - but in addition to cutting out UVA and UBA rays, it eliminates glare. For example when you're driving on a sunny day and the cars coming towards you all have bright reflected windshields facing you - well polarization gets rid of that so you can see right in the car. It's like x-ray glasses. haha. It's great for snow as well and also when you're at the beach or on the water: it takes the glare off the water so you can see beneath. Once you have polarized you won't want to be without it.

HTH

 
29-06-2010
  911
backstage pass
 
Elise1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauxgoris View Post
^^Which ones are you looking for?

As for polarization, yes it costs more - but it's TOTALLY worth it. Polarization can be in grey, grey-green, or brown lens - but in addition to cutting out UVA and UBA rays, it eliminates glare. For example when you're driving on a sunny day and the cars coming towards you all have bright reflected windshields facing you - well polarization gets rid of that so you can see right in the car. It's like x-ray glasses. haha. It's great for snow as well and also when you're at the beach or on the water: it takes the glare off the water so you can see beneath. Once you have polarized you won't want to be without it.

HTH
thanks for explaining. i was always wondering why there is such a big prize difference between polarized ones and others
that sounds great it'd be great esp. for driving; maybe i'll get a pair

 
29-06-2010
  912
trendsetter
 
beauxgoris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,283
^^They're really great for driving, actually I can't imagine driving now without them. I have a lot of sunglasses, and I'm passing by even my "nicer" Chanel sunglasses that aren't polarized in favor of all my polarized pairs.

 
30-06-2010
  913
front row
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauxgoris View Post
These but in a polarized version. Now that I have polarized sunglasses, I can't wear anything else!

image: thesartorialist.com
beauxgoris - which model is this one and where did you find the polarized ones? i love them! TIA

 
30-06-2010
  914
trendsetter
 
beauxgoris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,283
^^Sure they are the Ray Ban Cats 1000, also known as ray ban 4126. If you're in the USA you can find them at department stores or online at rayban.com

 
30-06-2010
  915
front row
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: femme
Posts: 410
^ thanks much! i found some online...yippeee. once you go polarized you can't go back to without it!!

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, rayban, wayfarers
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.