How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-12-2006
backstage pass

the side looks speckled to me so I think they're tortoise

21-12-2006
front row

I'm pretty sure they're black, cause Sofia always wears her black original-sized Ray Bans...

I really want Kirsten's tortoise shell wayfarers, but a vintage pair. The cheapest ones on ebay are usually broken or really scratched, and I've seen those go up to $40!

22-12-2006
backstage pass

the killers are on leno at the moment and the lead is wearing black wayfarers.....oh how I am teased

22-12-2006
V.I.P.

^he always wear that, just look at "Bones" vid.

22-12-2006
backstage pass

you know what, you're right - I was looking at this thread when I looked up and saw him on tv and it seemed like fate to me haha

23-12-2006
rising star

My mom has a pair that she said I could have, but I'm still trying to decide if I can pull them off. I haven't seen a single person where I live wearing them, so they're still fresh. I really love the look on some people though.

23-12-2006
backstage pass

thats what I love above where I live. Everyone here is still preoccupied with skinny jeans and bug sunglasses, blind to anything else. Yay for olblivious-ness

24-12-2006
princely

I like this look quite a bit, but I'm weary about it becoming too trendy. My grandpa has an old pair that is gold, I think they're great. If I do end up having a pair of these, I'll wear them for myself, unless I start seeing people who will make me regret it, but by then I'll be laying low for a while

24-12-2006
windowshopping

I purchased some almost two years ago. But the new frames are alot smaller then the original size. Where can I find the original sized wayfarers?

29-12-2006
backstage pass

ashley olsen wore these back at the start of 2005. i pointed this out twice to the rest of the mka tfs forum thread but no one noticed. anyway i've been wanting a pair ever since and i finally bought some in July of this year. I wear them all the time and i am yet to see any young people wearing them. I've seen one old man!Ha!

30-12-2006
V.I.P.

Does anyone know if MK & Ashley have the Wayfarer original or the Wayfarer II? Keeping in mind that they are small girls & the original might look larger on their face... what do you think?

01-01-2007
windowshopping

hy can you tell me which is the model Mischa Barton is wearing ? they seem larger ... I went to a shop and asked for Wayfarer they showed me the
RB 2140 wich looked smaller compared to the big ones I am searching , what model do I have to ask for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rayban.jpg (23.0 KB, 43 views)

01-01-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcJacobsQueenBee
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 so cute!!!!!
i am in LA so its always sunny! i wear mine all the time!
hy MarcJacobsQueenBee I am searching for wayfarer like yours,can you tel me the Model of this style...rb...? are they wayfarer II ? are they RB 2140?

thank you for your reply

01-01-2007
windowshopping

The sunglasses pictured in the first post are the original Wayfarers. The Wayfarer IIs have larger lenses and thinner frames but have the same basic silhouette. The IIs also say "RayBan" on the sides instead of the classic dashes (which I don't really like).

I know that the style number of the originals in black is 5024. I own a pair that I got off ebay and they're in pretty good condition. These days they seem to go for about $50 on ebay.

Vuarnet PX 006s are nice as well if you're looking for another vintage style that is sort of similar. Vuarnet is a skier brand based in France. I prefer the wayfarers though, because of the history.

There really is nothing like a pair of good vintage sunglasses... It really completes the look.

01-01-2007
scenester

I got a pair of Wayfarers for Christmas and I love them! So much better then those trashy looking bug sunglasses which everybody seems to be wearing. Does anyone know where I can find a pair of white framed wayfarers?

Last edited by Miss Dior Cherie; 01-01-2007 at 08:15 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, rayban, wayfarers