How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-10-2006
front row

what about the trends itself?

I have noticed,

some Yellow, Metallics, Futurism, Large trousers, Oversized glasses, Large florals, Large costume jewelry, new volumes , droped waist, 20's/60's/80's, fabrics with new finishes and coatings, contained embelishment ( romantic, futuristic, armor like, jewelry, beading, sequins), wedges (why??), cut out shapes, ladylike style, attention to hats/ milliner in general, colorful + muted colors together, also colours from nature like blues & greens in all shades , easy prints , fringes, attention to details like buttons & trimmings, new minimalism, new drapery, luxury leathers, shiny vs powdery......

I haven't seen too many vintage looks , and this is good.

Last edited by esquire; 21-10-2006 at 07:45 PM.

21-10-2006
etre soi-meme

this is a posting announcement thread
feel free to discuss all ss07 trends at the ss07 catwalk trends topic or at any other ss07 thread
thanks

20-01-2007
rising star

Ok well what if for example, you have pictures on a file in your computer and you want to post some you have (because it happens to be about the topic we are discussing) what if you don't know where the source is from because you saved the foto so long ago and you don't know where it's from, what do you do then? Not post it? About 99% of the fotos involving fashion I have on my laptop, I have no idea where they're from!

girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliapiquet
Ok well what if for example, you have pictures on a file in your computer and you want to post some you have (because it happens to be about the topic we are discussing) what if you don't know where the source is from because you saved the foto so long ago and you don't know where it's from, what do you do then? Not post it? About 99% of the fotos involving fashion I have on my laptop, I have no idea where they're from!
if this is the case then you should post the pics as links to avoid the crediting issue... you would prob have to upload them to a hosting site like imageshack first...

that's really the only way around it

09-02-2007
front row

^ hey chrissym...

correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought i read otherwise...

i not sure what thread it was in, but i recall one of the mods saying that image hosting sites like flickr and photobucket didn't qualify for photo credit...

can you clarify the situation for me and others?

on a slightly different issue...

what is the guideline for reposting uncredited images from other threads (i.e., images posted before crediting was enforced)? i understand that tfs threads are not legitimate sources for citation, so i've been assuming that that means we quite simply can't repost these older images. am i correct in my assumption or not?

thanks in advance

Last edited by dreamecho; 09-02-2007 at 11:49 AM.
09-02-2007
girl who fell to earth

to clarify your first point...
yes it is true that photo hosting sites do not qualify as credits...
but what you can do is post a link to the picture.. like this for example:
http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00150mbd7.jpg
if you click on it.. it will take you to an image
since the image itself doesn't actually appear here it doesn't have to be credited.

when it comes to reposting old pictures i would again say the best bet is to post a link to the old post.. that way there are no crediting issues

09-02-2007
front row

thanks, Chrissy!

oops...i realize now that you did originally say "post the pics as links". i kinda spaced out and misinterpreted it at first, but now i see. :p

i now understand what you mean in regards to my second question as well.

09-09-2007
ele
rising star

how do you edit ? and how do you put the link ? what if you no longer know where u got them ?

09-09-2007
V.I.P.

^you cannot edit your posts but you can add the credit in another post, just make sure it's visible and directed specifically to the uncredited images.. to avoid confusions.
if you no longer know where you got them from.. they still have to be removed until you find the original owner. harsh, I know, but imagine if everyone 'forgot' the credit of their images, the rule wouldn't make any sense.

windowshopping

Oh I did not know But I will remember it from now on.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
posting, read, topics, trend