How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-10-2007
doldrums

Perfect for winter.

30-10-2007
backstage pass

I started wearing my mom's old riding boots two years ago and they look AMAZING .
The only problem with 'real' riding boots is that the soles are incredibly slippery so when there's lots of snow outside you can't really wear them unless you want to fall all the time.

30-10-2007
front row

There is a boot company in the UK called Duo Boots that you custom order your foot and calf size. The have two pair I am eyeing, but with the exchange rate and shipping to the US, only one pair will happen for me. Still don't know which pair!

30-10-2007
scenester

It's a shame because I love the look of riding boots but me being only 5'2.. they just look odd.

31-10-2007
backstage pass

i love the look of riding boots. i just bought these ones:

31-10-2007
trendsetter

^ Oh I love those! Riding boots are terribly chic and simple. Thats why I love them so!

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MimiV View Post
I started wearing my mom's old riding boots two years ago and they look AMAZING .
The only problem with 'real' riding boots is that the soles are incredibly slippery so when there's lots of snow outside you can't really wear them unless you want to fall all the time.
yeah and they are really hard to take off your feet cause they are so tight..
other than that, they look cute.

23-11-2007
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittnw View Post
It's a shame because I love the look of riding boots but me being only 5'2.. they just look odd.
are you kidding me? I'm barely 5' and I love wearing them!

05-01-2008
scenester

Jenner8675309, I've been eyeing the DUO boots as well. Did you get them? If so, how did they work out for you?! If anyone else knows about the DUO boots let me know too!!

tfs star

I'm on a hunt for a classic, black/chocolate brown, leather riding boots. The more simple the better. Yesterday I saw a really nice pair, almost perfect pair (don't know for sure because I didn't try them on). But then I saw the label. Guess fall/winter collection. I don't like Guess (maybe they're Guess by Marciano which is even worse ) and it's hard for me to pay 300 for a brand I dislike and think it's definitely not worth the price tag. This probably sounds snobbish to you. Of course I plan to try them on first, maybe they won't look half that good. I do think they're well made though, but I could be wrong.
I'll wait till fall anyway, when fall/winter collections appear in stores.

21-07-2013
tfs star

These revived posts on tFS really show my age on here. Anyhow, good luck to you, Miwi! I love the sleek profile of riding boots. I especially like riding boots tucked into jeans (long time tFS kinfolk may remember how much I detested the jeans-in-boots looks). But good luck to you in finding a pair of riding boots you'll love, Miwi.

I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miwi View Post
I'm on a hunt for a classic, black/chocolate brown, leather riding boots. The more simple the better. Yesterday I saw a really nice pair, almost perfect pair (don't know for sure because I didn't try them on). But then I saw the label. Guess fall/winter collection. I don't like Guess (maybe they're Guess by Marciano which is even worse ) and it's hard for me to pay 300 for a brand I dislike and think it's definitely not worth the price tag. This probably sounds snobbish to you. Of course I plan to try them on first, maybe they won't look half that good. I do think they're well made though, but I could be wrong.
I'll wait till fall anyway, when fall/winter collections appear in stores.
I hate it when that happens.. though, if the label isn't visible and others have no way of knowing it's Guess I think you should go for them.

03-08-2013
tfs star

Thank you guys for your encouragement!

Tiny lettering is printed on the sole of the shoe, otherwise they look pretty much no-name. Yesterday I wanted to try them on but then I realized I was wearing sandals and I didn't take any socks with me.

06-08-2013
tfs star

The boot saga continues... I finally tried them on today and I must say I'm really disappointed. The boots seem well made if you sit in the office whole day, but they're definitely not made for everyday walking. They're very feminine, which I like, but I can feel the boot is too flimsy. They're still gorgeous though.

Sorry about the crappy photo, but I'm not really comfortable taking pictures in stores.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, riding