How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-11-2005
windowshopping

i love real riding boots. im about to order a new pair so i can break them in for some upcoming shows ($300 ugh). i hope "riding boots" dont become a huge trend. i was actually thinking about wearing my real ones around if i could pull it off right. i just got a pair of regular black flat suede boots that i love.

29-11-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinetush
Bonchic - the ones from JCrew (no 5) are gorgeous! love the strap.
thanks I'm going to buy a pair of riding boots for this winter but I'm still searching I don't want to spend a fortune

windowshopping

Bonchic, I have the Etienne Aigner boots that Calexico mentioned on the first page of this post, and I adore them! They are fabulous and I believe that I got them on sale for around $100

04-12-2005
when the rats run riot

i love riding boots

i've found that in magazines and some other places, when they refer to
flat boots they are actually talking about riding boots. though to me there is a big difference...

05-12-2005
windowshopping

Riding boots are great in the winter;But if you are intending to buy an expensive pair,make absolutuely sure they are comfortable,and that their proportions are correct(some boots are very tight at the ankle,and along the shaft,leading to an ungainly large looking foot;a boot which is broader at the ankle and up the leg allows more movement,and easier to tuck trousers int;it is also aethestically more balanced)

05-12-2005
windowshopping

Elegant equestrienne
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunwayModel
i love real riding boots. im about to order a new pair so i can break them in for some upcoming shows ($300 ugh). i hope "riding boots" dont become a huge trend. i was actually thinking about wearing my real ones around if i could pull it off right. i just got a pair of regular black flat suede boots that i love.
I would love to see some pictures of your riding boots;The suede ones also sound nice!

07-12-2005
backstage pass

has anyone seen chanels take on the riding boot? I actually happen to love them...they are quite expensive though....

Any thoughts?

07-12-2005
tfs star

i got a pair of prada black riding boots in august, and have worn them to death. they are the best things i've bought all year. so handsome and so comfortable. i love that they are not tight at the ankle. the line on these boots is very beautiful, and there is a zipper on the side to help me tuck in my sass & bides. they were $900, but worth every last penny.

Last edited by ilovepositano; 07-12-2005 at 11:53 AM.
07-12-2005
trendsetter

oh I love riding boots! Especially the ones Lindsay Lohan was sporting awhile back.

07-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
i got a pair of prada black riding boots in august, and have worn them to death. they are the best things i've bought all year. so handsome and so comfortable. i love that they are not tight at the ankle. the line on these boots is very beautiful, and there is a zipper on the side to help me tuck in my sass & bides. they were $900, but worth every last penny.

oooh can you post a pic? I really am going for the chanel ones, but i havent heard anyones opinions or thoughts on them. i am interested in seeing your pics and hearing what you think!!!:p

07-12-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFORCE
Riding boots are great in the winter;But if you are intending to buy an expensive pair,make absolutuely sure they are comfortable,and that their proportions are correct(some boots are very tight at the ankle,and along the shaft,leading to an ungainly large looking foot;a boot which is broader at the ankle and up the leg allows more movement,and easier to tuck trousers int;it is also aethestically more balanced)
Real, genuine riding boots are made to be really tight up the calf. The idea is that you'll break them in and they'll loosen just enough to be comfortable (as anyone who rides knows, putting on new boots requires quite a bit of pulling ).

If you're going to be wearing them out, though, getting them looser is a good idea.

The reason I bring this up is because I know some people on the boards were looking at real boots sold to people who ride, and I didn't want anyone to freak out of they had to order an extra-wide calf in order to get the right fit for everyday wear.

13-12-2005
lovely but empty

I absolutely LOVE riding boots. I have a pair of real ones I bought just before I quit riding and they're extremely stiff and I have to sleep in them to break them in, but I swear it's worth the cut up feet and pain to have them for wearing with skinny jeans this season.

14-12-2005
sleeping

[quote=xTinkerxBellx]Yeah usally the zipper in real riding boots are on the back of the boot.
...quote]
i've never seen riding boots with zipper

http://www.foxhuntingshop.com
looks much easier
i'll never be in a situation to spend 300$ though...

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaraKaye
oooh can you post a pic? I really am going for the chanel ones, but i havent heard anyones opinions or thoughts on them. i am interested in seeing your pics and hearing what you think!!!:p
hi darakaye- so sorry i didn't even see your question until now!!! i love my prada boots, and will definitely post pictures when i get my boots back tomorrow or the next day. they're being "maintained" because i'm paranoid i've worn them too much.

14-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovepositano
hi darakaye- so sorry i didn't even see your question until now!!! i love my prada boots, and will definitely post pictures when i get my boots back tomorrow or the next day. they're being "maintained" because i'm paranoid i've worn them too much.

No problem! I just got my chanel riding boots and i LOVE THEM. they are better than i imagined!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, riding