How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-04-2007
V.I.P.

^ I think your mum is right. It does look like lingerie.

01-04-2007
trendsetter

Thank you. Sad. I wish it was just a fine jersey. THen it would be so comfy-casual and (IMO) pretty. Yeah. I will probably send it back. SO disappointing.

oh... and where I live it's not over done yet. I think I'm the only person I've seen wearing them so the overdone part doesn't apply to my region. WHich in some ways is pathetic but in other ways it's good because I can get away with more longer.

living in the sprawl

Rompers are just an AWFUL trend for top tall people like me (sorry to give you such a lovely camel toe image.. haa)

They can work when done right though. Can't completely hate a trend just because there is no way I can wear it

y-piece,
and tu
rned into a castle for some towering queen
01-04-2007
front row

kare2711, you should. the ponte is very cute.

thanks astatine and sophialuv, yeah I think I'll keep the ponte.

I'm lucky because where I am this trend is not yet overdone. Actually nobody wears it yet here. I prob will get a lot of stares when I wear it in public and then few months from now everybody will be wearing it.

01-04-2007
front row

pinksatin you rock that romper but yeah it looks lingerie-ish I saw some really cute ones at Topshop yesterday. I think they'd be perfect for you.

02-04-2007
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksatin
so it just came yesterday. I think it's adorable but the fabric is all wrong and so not how I thought it would be. I thought it would be like a fine jersey knit but it's a sheer lingerie material. Completely transparent. I think I may return it. I love the garment as a whole but I don't know if I can make it work with the fabric. I just slipped it on and snapped a few pictures so please tell me what you think. I'm just wearing a cami and spandex shorts underneath so don't pay attention to the outfit, jsut the garment. I didn't think about the outfit, it's just so you can see what it's like. My mom said it's pretty underwear but I "can't wear that in public". What do you think? Can I make it work or should I return it?

p.s. Many apologies for the messy room and I need to clean my mirror. How embarrassing!
It does look a tad like lingerie...
Maybe with leggings, a jacket and boots...
Sounds like quite a bit of work to make it work with one's wardrobe though?

V.I.P.

maybe where it with a body suit that has thin straps. i think american apparel has something that would be fine under

10-06-2008
V.I.P.

Anyone know where I could find a similar denim romper? (photo from Lovelylivtyler.com)
Thanks.

http://img14.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp0..._122_908lo.jpg

11-06-2008
tfs star

I always think of rompers as shorts alternatives to dresses. More like... "I hate wearing dresses, but I'll wear rompers." I don't like rompers that much. Now from the jumpsuits thread, I thought jumpsuits had pant legs BELOW the knees and not above. Well, those jumpsuits above the knees are rompers. It's a way for most to not want to wear short dresses, but I've never liked these personally. Again, I don't hate them like some other trends I've viciously hated on. The logic is still there, though. If jumpsuits are going to be made fashionable, why not rompers too? That's the logic here. It's going to be an uphill battle to convince me that rompers are every bit as fashionable and chic as any other trend or style.

On a lighter note, more feminine styles of rompers are coming about as more recent styling cues are being added. There will probably be some design changes other than what is usually from '90s rompers. I still don't see anything to really convince me that today's rompers are the hottest thing going. I, too, can imagine that taller femmes will want to stay away from rompers. My guess is that if you didn't like rompers from the '90s, you're probably not going going to like rompers today. Almost every style of rompers I've seen aren't all that amazing to me. Try as they might, I don't see this working... at least around my way and among my girl friends.

front row

I think rompers are adorable when they're worn by the right body. Even though I'm short (5'2") they're flattering on me because my legs are longer than my torso. (no offense for people with longer torso!) I wanna buy a new romper and I'm considering to buy it from AA, but I'm not sure how they fit. The reviews on the online store are so mixed that I don't know what size I should get. Anyone tried any of these? Feedbacks would be appreciated.

10-07-2008
front row

my images are from american apparel.

11-07-2008
front row

Toohaute, I've got the first one and I lovvve it. So very comfortable, it's quite revealing so normally I just wear it around the house. Also works under high waisted shorts.

11-07-2008
front row

I was thinking about getting the first one Toohaute posted for the beach..

14-07-2008
tfs star

Today is the first-ever time I visited Topshop. Wanted to know what this Topshop thing was as well as Kate Moss style. I saw something called "Playsuits" from the Topshop website ( http://www.topshop.com ). These playsuits are essentially jumpsuits. A lot of the ones Topshop offers are pretty cute. Amazing diversity in styles ranging from short jumpsuits, to capri-like jumpsuits... these jumpsuits look pretty cute. I'm sure femmes will find at least one "playsuit" they'd love to have in their closet.

You can check this link out for reference: < http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...angId=-1&top=Y >.

windowshopping

floral ones are just adorable! so 70s! I LOVE IT

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
pinafores, rompers