How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-08-2010
flaunt the imperfection

errrr...
these are pretty much taking over the streets of lower manhattan at the moment...

:p

04-08-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigone View Post
Do you think pinafores can look good on plus-sized girls? And up to what age can wear pinafores without looking ridiculous?

Thanks
Haha! I was wondering this too! I have had my eye on a cute little denim pinafore....perhaps it depends upon how you wear them? I personally think that it depends entirely upon your personal style: sophisticated, dressy, casual, just tumbled out of bed....I don't know, could denim pinafores ever be regarded as sophisticated? I'm slim/tiny, but they tend not to suit me. Body type shouldn't be an issue (imo), but each and every individual will have to style the look to their own needs, preferences.

Not sure about age, but I would love to see examples of this look on folks of all ages and body types. I am always fascinated by the 'I shouldn't wear that' mentality. I wonder how we come to acquire it.....

Is it fed to us, culturally, or is it just some innate sense of propriety?

Last edited by Lapin de Lune; 04-08-2010 at 08:17 PM.
05-08-2010
windowshopping

I think rompers are super cute on other people, but I feel like i can't wear them because i'm tall i'd look like a scarecrow or something in it.
American apparel rompers look slutty though, just like everything else they carry

windowshopping

I agree, Im tall and Skinny Rompers look weird on me. American apparel cloths have always promoted the slutty thing. Look at the Ad campaigns.

07-08-2010
tfs star

It's safe to say rompers have really caught on between my last post in this thread (two years ago) and now. These aren't everywhere in the Houston/Galveston area, but the appeal of rompers have caught on exponentially. I even blogged on rompers/playsuits. The ones I like most are the ones that look like mini dresses. The more dress-like, the better. So I'm not into rompers of bike short or Bermuda short length. These are really catching on and are much better than (speaking as a '90s person) the ones of the '90s. This is an '80s redo that I won't readily blast since this trend works.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
pinafores, rompers