Shoe trends F/W 05.06 - Page 8 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-09-2005
backstage pass

Hm, sounds good, I was not really into the pointy toe thing, round toes are my constant favorite, although I will take a square toe or a small understated point at times. And I always wear chunky heels on winter boots because stilleto heels are not going to cut it on ice and snow.

What's a molded heel? Could you post a photo example? Thanks!

07-09-2005
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin
Hm, sounds good, I was not really into the pointy toe thing, round toes are my constant favorite, although I will take a square toe or a small understated point at times. And I always wear chunky heels on winter boots because stilleto heels are not going to cut it on ice and snow.

What's a molded heel? Could you post a photo example? Thanks!
Guiseppe Zanotti, zappos.com

07-09-2005
rising star

wow i love those shoes! Do Zappo post to Uk?

07-09-2005
V.I.P.

No, they don't. I tried to buy some MJ shoes from Zappos...but they don't ship internationally. I hear you can set up a US forwarding address and get those companies to ship it over here. Not sure how that works tho.

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
07-09-2005
backstage pass

Those shoes ARE really cute.

Okay, so I thought that was a wedge heel.... could you please explain the difference?

07-09-2005
#Resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin
Those shoes ARE really cute.

Okay, so I thought that was a wedge heel.... could you please explain the difference?
Yeah, it is a wedge heel ... but ... actually, "molded" is a term I made up on the spur of the moment to describe what I was talking about

So a more traditional wedge is made of cork, or some kinda who knows what (hey, I don't make them, I wear them) and then covered in rope, leather, suede, fabric, etc. and it's a standard symmetrical wedge shape.

My favorite ones are these funky shaped ones like the example I showed, that are apparently cast in molds. Ferragamo did a really beautiful black one last year that was featured in its ad campaign. There's another one with a metallic silverish wedge that's featured in somebody's campaign right now ... just saw it in some fashion magazine or other last night. And yes, if inquiring minds must know, I will hunt it down

PS So this kinda illustrates one of my basic shopping principles So I think a standard wedge is a bit too trendy for me, because I keep my shoes until I wear them out, or that's the goal anyway. But these funky ones, they are so cool that it would be perfectly fine to keep wearing them even when wedges are "so last year."

Last edited by fashionista-ta; 07-09-2005 at 09:55 PM.

12-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
I could wear those (look like a 6.5 inch heel) since, I'm only 5'1 --- but unless they have rubber soles, I wouldn't chance busting my ***. Wow, the back of that model's heel is really tored up and their a red sore spot near her pinkie toe. Her feet look like they are in pain

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0506, f or w, shoe, trends