How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-07-2008
front row

i like the look....LOVED it at CDG.

19-07-2008
front row

this is the problem I have with menswear sometimes! its like designers get bored and decide to just put womens clothes up instead of designing actual menswear. funny but this trend is going nowhere..

windowshopping

Can't say I like it...Perhaps it is because I do not find a man's legs very attractive to begin with, though.

V.I.P.

heu to people who thinks it's impossible ...
i've already see skaters and their crowd wearing things like that ... double-short (with one longer than the other) ... it's pretty common ... it's ghetto !

20-07-2008
rising star

Not feeling it...

Although, I guess this one from the first post insn't so bad.
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...1&d=1214940662

But that's probably because he looks pretty feminine to begin with.

The rest of them just look like the knee braces my basketball playing friend used to put on when she had a slight sprain or something....

20-07-2008
tfs star

I hate menswear.It's either dull or tacky and completely unwearable.

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

^Isn't that a lil depressing?...
I love it when it's done right, usually the length of leggings should go to all the way the ankles preferably

front row

i do think it can look good provided it is your style, i personally dont like the givenchy look but love the comme des garcons one;
the rickshaw pullers may not be setting a fashion statement but isnt fashion inspired by real life?
their tights under shorts style is a tradition since the olden days.

and yes, i also think some guys may not like it cos they think it challenges their so called masculinity

photos taken by me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rickshaw1.jpg (144.2 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg camels.jpg (82.5 KB, 16 views)

21-07-2008
trendsetter

As aforementioned, this is a 90's grunge trend and is essentially a BIKE COURRIER uniform so there is nothing new about the look.
It can be extremely practical and laid back, as all things it is in the presentation.
Leggings are only an interpretation. Most men might just throw on a pair of long johns as they are called.
It's just fashion and is not going to ruin the fiber of your manhood or otherwise...

Eat me, drink me

I can't say I like it much on the runway, but the street shots are wonderful; as with everything else, it's all about the attitude so that you carry it off, and not as if the leggings are wearing you. The confidence and adapting it to your style is what makes it work, that's why I guess the runway pics do nothing for me.

tfs star

i just can't really picture any male i know putting on leggings. the thought is a bit ridiculous. except for long johns. i like it when guys wear long johns.

03-08-2008
V.I.P.

I've seen girls do this look...no guys so far

08-08-2008
front row

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

08-08-2008
Amour Comme Hiver

Honestly, this particular trend is just soo odd that I could see someone like David Beckham actually trying it. It's just so far out there and unexpected to me for some reason.

21-08-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_M. View Post
I just don't like the general idea. I get tired of leggings often times. Shorts and leggings for femmes are perfectly fine. I just hate trying to make leggings fashionable for men. Only leggings I know men wear are leggings for sports (like gridiron football) and longjohns. Never was I excited or respectful of leggings under skirts when femmes worn them. Only recently have I been a lot more kinder to the look. Doesn't mean I'm still completely over them. Maybe it's just my level of intolerance in which I get tired of something so easily that anytime it's reintroduced in some sort of way, I hate that reintroduction as much as I've hated something since beginning to hate something. In other words, I've gotten sick of leggings under skirts... so I'm obviously going to dislike seeing leggings get popular for men. The leggings are tacky for men. This is about as bad as letting the front pockets hang down from short-shorts that have front pockets.

I'm not going to go to the level of ruining masculinity because I always feel any comment I make is liable for me to get flamed (not my first rodeo). I don't like these leggings anyways, let alone the look. I don't like this look even if skirts were unisex (available for both men and women without compromise to each other) and generally worn by men and women. I hope this style is only of experimentation and not in trying to market this style because I just don't see this happening. And if it does, the ludicrous appeal of leggings under skirts for femmes will be transferred to hommes with shorts. It's like spreading a disease.

...Okay, now to make myself unpopular to some. I sometimes feel making leggings fashionable were ALWAYS for women and should NEVER even be dreamt or made fashionable for men. I've said before... this is a dumb fashion idea. I can't even imagine any of my guy friends wearing leggings. I've mostly seen men's shorts that go down to the knees or just past. I can't imagine hommes with long leggings and their shorts. The average guy that I would come across would NEVER even fathom wearing a style like this.

As far as hating leggings go, even I mentioned that I didn't mind leggings under tunics for femmes. I've even seen leggings paired with boots as a bottom look, and I found that to be pretty fine as well. Just that I've gotten sick of leggings especially in the leggings under skirt trend. Like every femme thinks it's cute and required to wear leggings under denim mini skirts. This is what I hated about the look even as I kept getting flamed on just because I think differently on a fashion style. I respect Jean Paul Gautier in trying to come up with styles usually popular for femmes and trying to make them fashionable for men. I'd rather wear a skirt than to wear leggings [with anything] as far as this fashion garment better meant for women than men. It's a different style, but doesn't mean it's better. I just don't like leggings all that much and especially not for men. Only wearable men's leggings are sports leggings (wrestling, football, etc.) and longjohns. That's it.

You seem very close-minded as far as fashion goes...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, leggings, men, s or s, shorts