How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

15-08-2005
front row

AH! I love the Valentino one. Mischa wears it well too... Though um, I don't really have an opinion on them. Old Navy makes them for incredibly cheap and now every little 12 year old can afford it.

15-08-2005
V.I.P.

Thanks for all members posting fantastic photos, but PLEASE :

1)ADD PHOTO CREDITS

2)REMOVE PICTURES FROM QUOTES
3)RESIZE PICTURES THAT ARE TOO BIG, or POST THEM AS ATTACHMENTS

From now on, any pictures posted without credits will be deleted.

For more info, read please read the guidelines.

15-08-2005
backstage pass

I have a black knitted shrug that ties in the front. I it. Also I have a short sleeved red cardigan shrug that buttons. They go with anything and can really play up and outfit.

15-08-2005
front row

I got a little blue and gold crochet shrug... I haven't worn it yet, but probably will with jeans and a white wife beater and a statement necklace. I agree with the poster who said that they look best on girls who have flat stomachs and little breats. I, unfortunately, have neither, but I'll do my best.. hah

15-08-2005
windowshopping

I love them. They are kind of overdone by now though. I live in cali and its pretty hot so I couldnt wear them anyways. I wore them before summer though. They are cute and still classy which is a plus.

rising star

i love them but here they are everywhere

scenester

in Europe they are just getting popular. I like them, though only the short-sleeved ones.

IMO the boleros and and short jackets look a bit silly.

17-08-2005
V.I.P.

were about in europe are you from because i know here in the uk they have been popular since about march here. Im just interested in the differences of trends in different countries.

I know here in my home town they we massive in about may/june and every girl had one in bright colours and tied them in various ways, with lots of beads and knee length shorts. But now they are dieing out, they arent really in the shops any more, they went as fast as they came really.

Last edited by snowqueen; 17-08-2005 at 10:25 AM.
18-08-2005
windowshopping

Well it varies from country to country, and sometimes even from city to city.
I haven't seen a lot of them on the streets, personally, and they are still in shops, though they're not everywhere anymore.

They keep you warm exactly where you need it and some suit the victoriana feel we'll have this fall, so I guess they can still be OK when one doesn't overdo them.

But I agree with Reba : they have to be knitted or well tailored so that they don't cut too much the silhouette; the ones that look like regular jackets, just cropped, are often silly looking and very hard to pull off.

Last edited by Cyalume; 18-08-2005 at 07:26 AM.
18-08-2005
scenester

I'm from Switzerland, where trends catch up about half year to a year late, depending on where it comes from. It's irritating as I prefer reading US/UK fashion mags over local ones so I see some trends which I like and where I would like to purchase an item which of course is not available here yet or cannot be found, period.

Shrugs are just getting into stores such like Zara, Mango, H&M etc. In Spring nothing was available yet.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shrugs, tiearounds