How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
do any of you have pictures from the 1993(?) perry ellis grunge show that got marc jacobs fired??
The runway pic I posted is from that show but it's the only I've found. If anyone has more...

26-03-2005
barcode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemiu
Grunge is great, although personally i'm not into the flanel shirts.

Courtney's style absolutely rocks
Yes, as much as I hate the male version of grunge, the female version ban look cool. Slutty little babydoll dresses and Doc Martins are the s**t.

I just want to clarify though that Heroin Chic and Grunge, though during the same time weren't the same movement. They coincided and crossed over but heroin chic applied more to fashion models and make-up looks while grunge was a way of dressing.

Last edited by Spike413; 26-03-2005 at 06:03 PM.
27-03-2005
rising star

Grunge may be dead but not for long.

27-03-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tmsta*
Grunge may be dead but not for long.
No Grunge is quite dead. Thats like saying disco is due for a comeback. Not gonna happen.

27-03-2005
front row

I find it odd that they claim Marc Jacobs invented grunge..... could go further than that but I'll stick with odd.

27-03-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arksiel
I find it odd that they claim Marc Jacobs invented grunge..... could go further than that but I'll stick with odd.
yeah that was kind of odd...

I don't mind the grunge style, and it seems to have experienced a revival of sorts in the Dior Homme S/S 05 collection. I think it takes a certain kind of authenticity in a person's character to pull it off though, like Kurt Cobain in the 90s and I think the actor Michael Pitt (from The Dreamers) wears this kind of style quite well.

27-03-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
yeah that was kind of odd...

I don't mind the grunge style, and it seems to have experienced a revival of sorts in the Dior Homme S/S 05 collection. I think it takes a certain kind of authenticity in a person's character to pull it off though, like Kurt Cobain in the 90s and I think the actor Michael Pitt (from The Dreamers) wears this kind of style quite well.
off topic but michael pitt is slated to portray a kurt cobain-esque character in an upcoming film titled End of Days. Not sure im crazy about a big screen Kurt, I only hope Michael can do him justice. He kinda freaked me out in the Dreamers what with the peeing in the sink!

ps- did he loose weight? I dont remember being as skinny as he was in The Dreamers when he was in Murder by Numbers. He wears skinny well :p

28-03-2005
Vision of Paradise

grunge is hot
thanks for the visuals jennifer all are great, and full of nostalgia! esp the perry ellis pic!!! haha. marc was was a bit rebelious for going with his grunge and plunging perry ellis down the toilet.... it was so :**** you: i wish there were more pics on the net, would be a good laugh.

*brian, i dont have any pics unfortunatly, but i do remember a few pieces in the MJ for perry ellis show being long 80's childrens style nightgown dresses in pale colors and little cartoon like caractors on them worn with boots, of course.

like travolta, i was brought up on sassy magazine and the whole "grunge" thing. so i guess ,im grunge, .....so what ? :p

V.I.P.

^ Come to think of it, I believe the bottom-left photo was excerpted from Sassy...

V.I.P.

grunge seems to be coming back in my school loads of people are now turning grunge. Which is werid because i always associated it with the 90's. Its not a trend i care for at all.

29-03-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by monacocouture
No Grunge is quite dead. Thats like saying disco is due for a comeback. Not gonna happen.
Well if 80's can make a come-back, and it very much has to a lesser degree then I believe grunge can come back as well - to a lesser degree.
Of course it'll be re-interpreted and I believe it's already started in a slightly different form under the "bobo chic" moniker (sp?).
Let's face it they're pretty similar trends.

29-03-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike413
Slutty little babydoll dresses and Doc Martins are the s**t.
I love this

I just noticed that I've been wearing things pretty grunge lately

30-03-2005
backstage pass

Great thread! I guess I've been "grunge" the last 15 years..Maybe I'm the only one that still goes crazy for Alice in Chains, Mudhoney and Soundgaden..Does anyone remeber the japanese girlband called the Shonen Knife? They were on Subpop and can be considerated kitch-grunge..maybe..now I'll try to find a pic..

30-03-2005
backstage pass

Kitsch was referring to their lyrics...about icecream, barbiedolls and that kind of things..whatever..
Attached Images
File Type: gif letsknif.gif (68.6 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg michienakatani-shonenknife.jpg (42.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg nagoya.jpg (61.1 KB, 409 views)

30-03-2005
fashion elite

I dont like grunge, and I do hope that it doesnt come back... I sold my 4 pairs of Dr Martins!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
grunge, smells