How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-12-2005
ingenue

they make one's feet look like elephant hooves. just like uggs and so many other types of boots that have been trendy over the past couple of years. why oh why?

06-12-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BohoBelle
We just got 6 inches here in Massachusetts, the first of the season. I'm getting a pair of these boots after Xmas(can't afford them right now! Damn present buying!), I think they are cute and of course, warm.
Where do you live in MA? I am in the northern part and don't have snow here today. The weather is great with plenty of sunshine! (Hope it won't change later)

Back to the topic...
LL Bean has many of this. But why wear that in LA?

Last edited by LoveLetter; 06-12-2005 at 12:22 PM.
06-12-2005
scenester

i actually have these! i bought them for a ski trip last year. totally awesome for deep snow and they make me look fearsome ... i can't see them being appropriate for street wear though. they are damn heavy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nELL
I can soooo see jessica simpson in these

edit: do not quote pics. Please see tfs guidelines.

Last edited by Kimkhuu; 06-12-2005 at 09:18 PM. Reason: please see tfs guidelines
06-12-2005
front row

ooooomg i knew it, my friends lora and leigh were talking about bringing them back like in the summer, and last civvies day (the day we can wear clothes to school, not uniforms) they wore them, lora wore the industrial coloured ones and leigh were dark brown. they looked awesome. actually.

talk about being on the forefront of fashion

06-12-2005
desire, undefined

both boys and girls at my school have been wearing these hideous things for years now. i don't mind them really, but they're just not for me. wearing them in california though is just plain idiocy -- they are meant to be used on the north pole. in - 20 celcius

edit -- maybe i should snap some pictures. they are very popular combined with the too-tight-jeans-tucked-into-boots look.

Last edited by Mettchen; 06-12-2005 at 04:20 PM.
06-12-2005
scenester

haha. total hipster lumberjack look. love this. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mettchen
both boys and girls at my school have been wearing these hideous things for years now. i don't mind them really, but they're just not for me. wearing them in california though is just plain idiocy -- they are meant to be used on the north pole. in - 20 celcius

edit -- maybe i should snap some pictures. they are very popular combined with the too-tight-jeans-tucked-into-boots look.

V.I.P.

Awful trend..... I think the olsen girl could wear a garbage bag dress and people would call it a trend.....

Enough of the celeb style craziness....... !

06-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
ugh, to any real canadian Sorel's will never be seen as fashionanable IMO. too many memories of having your jeans shoved into them by your parents when your little or, for me, jumping into my dad's knee-high's to trek outside to shovel snow or get to the garage.
oh my god meg.... I don't think I even had sorel boots growing up... something called kodiak... I think was pretty trendy over here... when I was about 8-10 yrs old....!

07-12-2005
front row

the all white oldschool sorels look so fun
i wouldnt bang them cuz i actually think they look kinda funky. I just dont hope everyone has them

08-12-2005
rising star

Wolf-ugly. Those look more un-feminine than UGGs

08-12-2005
rising star

He he he...I used to borrow my mom's pair in the winter.

I don't think that they look so bad either. It's all part of this oversized footwear trend. With these, the Uggs, and those fur covered boots (esp the ones with the dangling puffs) the idea is that they make your legs look smaller. I wouldn't suggest this style for anyone packing a lot of extra pounds but on a fit/slim girl wearing a pair of skinny jeans these look 'dorable! The accentuate the thinness of her legs.

I'll wear mine with a puffy short parka with a fur trimmed hood! Yum! I don't care if it's cliche...it's still cute.

08-12-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

haha ah yes Kodiak, another quality brand !

08-12-2005
backstage pass

I wear these to shovel my snow. YES THATS RIGHT LADIES OF THE SUNSHINE STATES - how envious are you that the time has come for us snowbunnies to bring out our snow shovels. I have to say it is my least favourite part of winter. Anyhoo -

Aritzia is selling them (Artizia.com)
....and workman socks (which I have always owned too many of - sooo comfy for snowboarding). Make no mistake, this will become "trendy" in Toronto b/c w have the weather...but that doesn't make it right .

08-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg
ugh, to any real canadian Sorel's will never be seen as fashionanable IMO. too many memories of having your jeans shoved into them by your parents when your little or, for me, jumping into my dad's knee-high's to trek outside to shovel snow or get to the garage.
Word. Haha, how can these things ever be seen as a trend? They take forever to put on and when you take off the really hardcore ones the liners slide out and its a huge hassle. These things remind me of waking up and having to go out in the snow and having your eyelashes turn white and getting frostbite.

01-11-2010
scenester

I didn't like them at all last year, but since I saw more and more sorel's in magazine, I'm starting to look them in a different way....
First they appeared in good editorials , then bloggers wore them, and now colette make a collaboration....

sources: style by kling, caroline feber
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colette2.jpg (54.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg 157418_980.jpg (213.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 2010_9_SorelColette.jpg (55.4 KB, 4 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
boots, sorel