Spring/Summer 06 Trend Forecast - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-08-2005
V.I.P.

Ok so here are my predictions for spring summer 2006

Arts and crafts

This has been a trend that has been trying to emerge for a while, i think it will make its major debue in 2006. Seeing it as a more popular trend.

I think nateral and earthy tones will be used in the trend such as warm pinks and peachey colours, yellows, beiges, terracotta and olive colours.

I think alot of prints will be used like those used in the early 20th century, a la william morris.

I think that materials will be light and airy taking insperation from 1930's day dresses.

Tropical

I think that tropical will stick around for 2006 seeing bright tropical colours with bright bold prints.

Garden Party

Traditional english summer, garden partys, think 1930's summer, vintage deocr and floral prints, very girly, I think colour wise purples and blues and liliacs and basicly and colour of a english summertime flower will be used.
I think 1930's style fabrics will be used like chiffons and silks and light airy fabrics.

Ethical

Girly, 1930's style and Oriental style, light colours.

These were all trends that we trying to emerge in 2005 i think they will proove themselves in 2006. Ok so dont quote me on it i may be wrong but these are just few hunches i have
:p

19-08-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErichB
i got a french fashion trend book for ss 2006, if you want it, i`ll send you pics.
Can you send me the french tredn book i would love some ideas...

19-08-2005
windowshopping

Hi DavidWest,

I just saw your post I would like to see your ss06 trend book.

20-08-2005
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwest
Well, I'm doing research on Summer 06 now. Again asking for your opinions on the season at this stage. Is the ethnic vibe over?
A more paired down season ahead?
Does anybody else see a move away from vintage looks and into full blown historical/period looks?(seeing a lot of this already)
Now that we've done India+Africa, is it time to explore the Orient again?

Any info that you're picking up on would be great.
*i'd say ethnik is very tired
*more paired down is coming up strong
*away from vintage and into the turn of the century vibe

also check out our earlier discussion on ss06 accessories following this link http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...ad.php?t=25388

great input erichB, Peclers is quite a cool trend office, btw.. welcome to tFS

21-08-2005
V.I.P.

I'm thinking about bold prints. And more skirts.

21-08-2005
etre soi-meme

right indie, skirts could actually keep being popular, but we've seen so many of them worn this summer that i'm already longing for more trousers, the 20's 30's pyjama styles

during vacations, i've noticed a huge trend towards arabic/skater graphic inspired logos printed mainly on t-shirts etc
predicting it could easily develop in a mainstream trend for ss06

21-08-2005
windowshopping

ppl say its more subdued like prada men ss06 ..but embellishment still key... is afrika still hot? how about mexico?

21-08-2005
etre soi-meme

since there's no escaping the ethnik trip ..
i'd say more mexico than africa for ss06

22-08-2005
ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
right indie, skirts could actually keep being popular, but we've seen so many of them worn this summer that i'm already longing for more trousers, the 20's 30's pyjama styles
yes I agree I am hoping baggier trousers are on their way back. they are a nice transition from skirts because like skirts they're quite comfortable and flatter most figures...me, I'm still a skirt girl but I am loving the sound of these 20s/30s inspired pajama style.

22-08-2005
windowshopping

Thanks guys,

I've actually got a load of trend books to look at, but most of them are done so far in advance, they don't have any reaction to the previous season, so they can be very off.
I hear you on the Mexican, makes sence.
Madame Fashion, don't have my own trend book, I work for a large retailer, and part of what I do is put seasonal trend info together. Usually react to catwalks, but Summer shows happen so late, I like to start fishing around as early as possible. Will have to go shoping abroad soon to find new concepts, so hearing from all of you is great.

22-08-2005
front row

read somewhere that nicole kidman is doing a movie - "lady from shanghai". IF that's the case, i believe that oriental might be big again for 2006.

22-08-2005
V.I.P.

I'm waiting for more men-ish looks to come popular since atleast 2 f/w seasons have been oh-so-womanly. Maybe next fall?

wider trousers seem natural after skinny-fit mania. Hehe I actually stole my dads old trousers cos they're too small to him They're really comfortable and I saw some similar in proenza schouler ( spelling?) f/w 04 collection. Actually I wore the same outfit gemma ward modelled and suprise was big when I saw it on style.coms front page

22-08-2005
Frozen irony.

Yeah.. im feeling that we are moving towards more 'androgony' style.. this is just a 'feeling'.. i would love to se more mannimalistic and not to frilly design but more simple..

i might be totally off.. im feeling loose trousers more laid back.. i don't know, it's interesting to see what the trends are going to be.

22-08-2005
about to fall or fly

would anyone who downloaded the initial zip file be willing to post some of the images?

i do agree on the mexican...i sort of think this is what the wretched boho will evolve into...but i don't think the mexican inspired looks will be wretched...i think it will be very culturally aware and spiritual.

22-08-2005
etre soi-meme

right on fransesca, latin america rules for ss06

actually its been showing around since this ss05 (got my knee length b&w mexican round skirt since February 05) so i'm positive it will go quite big for ss06.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, forecast, spring or summer, trend