Strip-tease Tips - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-11-2003
etre soi-meme

i honestly find this vile, sorry they should find something else to boost their sales

08-11-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Nov 8th, 2003 - 6:39 pm
i honestly find this vile, sorry they should find something else to boost their sales
i find it gross, sorry!

already the entire nation has been walking around in miniskirts (there is no age limit. i see 80 year old constantly wearing minis ) and now this????
galeries lafayettes didnt need this to boost their sales.... its gone down in my book however

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
08-11-2003
yes

i know you didnt say that Lena .......thats why i wrote 'quote'

by the way.......have any ladies here ever done stripping?

08-11-2003
backstage pass

thats something NEW

08-11-2003
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by smashinfashion@Nov 7th, 2003 - 1:27 pm
i think its cool. too few women understand their sexuality because they are afraid of looking slutty. there is such a double standard in this culture, and there are so many girls who use sex for attention and validation and its sad. but a woman who is empowered by her sexuality is something completely different. its not like they are teaching women to go out and be strippers, theyre teaching women the art of seduction. its not like their forcing it down anyones throat. its a class you sign up for. anyway i even considered going to a strip club (and i HATE strip clubs) to get some tips but i think this is such a great idea.

anyway thats my take.
I just hate how so many people are trying to cash in on this, it's getting tiresome to the point where it's not empowering anymore- just cliche. I think it's riduculous that women have to take lessons on how to be seductive and take their clothes off. It's not rocket science!

08-11-2003
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by Shahna@Nov 8th, 2003 - 11:54 pm
I think it's riduculous that women have to take lessons on how to be seductive
ditto, seduction is not something you learn in a class (much more from a bored out of her head stripper) seduction is personal and the ONE thing we can actually experiment and express our selves through.

I visit Paris quite often and I happen to stay in a private apartment (city of Paris cultural monument, protected by the ministry of culture) in the traditional sex area of town, around Place Pigalle in Montmartre.
I dont think there is anything sexy in those garrish strip joints. One simply cannot avoid coming face to face with the strippers going to and from work, they look absolutely sad and bored -most of them are lesbians actually- nursing some kind of visious substance addiction. Believe me, they are the least seductive girls i've ever seen.
They've got nothing to teach on seduction, much more in a seminar held in one of the most popular department stores of Paris.
I think it will actually turn back to the management of the store as a bitter boomerang.
Not that I was buying much from G.L. (just got a fab pair of round toe flats in September) still, from now on they are on my black list. No more money in those pockets

09-11-2003
retro queen

My opinion? It sounds like a bit of a laugh to me. I wouldn't mind if my local Dept store did this, although I wouldn't attend. I suppose I look at it differently to others....I see it as a bit of harmless fun, albeit a little tacky. I don't really see it as a feminist issue, stripping is not exclusive to females.

10-11-2003
yes

did u have a good time Lena

just kidding..........

i think everyone takes things like this far too seriously. people need to let themself go once in a while. i mean.........there is SO much stress and competition in the world that people need to do something completely out of the blut to keep sane

if stripping does it..........let them strip

10-11-2003
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaim45@Nov 7th, 2003 - 5:32 am
This reminds me of the new DVDs that Carmen Electra came out with. Its called Carmen Electra's Areobic Striptease. Its a workout but exotic dancing. At least its private and not posted!
Thats what I thought of too!

Im going to buy that dvd when it comes out. I think it would be a cool not boring workout. But a workout only. I am not going to turn into stripper girl

fashion insider

feminists don't suck.

the extreme form of feminism sucks just like any extreme.

without feminism women would still be in corsets not voting and property of their husbands who are allowed to beat them.... and that sucks.

10-11-2003
front row

Quote:
Im going to buy that dvd when it comes out. I think it would be a cool not boring workout. But a workout only. I am not going to turn into stripper girl
It already did come out - I bought it

go to www.aerobicstriptease.com

Its about $75 for 5 DVDs

It takes 6-8 weeks for delivery. If you've seen the Pussy Cat Dolls - its just like that.

10-11-2003
trendsetter

I think a department store advertising strip classes is kind of tacky. But I don't find anything wrong with stripping in private for your husband or boyfriend. And some men could benefit from learning to strip for the lady in their life

This is funny because Oprah is either having or has had a strip show recently. The reason why I'm not sure is because I saw the commercial only, and yes she's teaching women how to strip I just think its hilarious and nothing obscene about it for me personally. I just wouldn't go to a department store to learn how to do it. Some women don't know, its no like we are all equipped with the ability to seduce the world some women need a little push or better understanding of their bodies. I say learn to strip if you feel it will help you, just not in a department store

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahna,Nov 8th, 2003 - 3:54 pm
I just hate how so many people are trying to cash in on this, it's getting tiresome to the point where it's not empowering anymore- just cliche. I think it's riduculous that women have to take lessons on how to be seductive and take their clothes off. It's not rocket science! [/quote]
i totaly agree with this. i understand the whole being a woman and being empowered by your sexuality, but its gotten so old. and so clithe. it is not surprising anymore. i think for a woman to find ways to be more original and Creative is more powerful than the whole sexuality theme. but that is just my opinion.

12-11-2003
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by lele@Nov 10th, 2003 - 11:49 am
feminists don't suck.

the extreme form of feminism sucks just like any extreme.

totally

backstage pass

of course there are hundreds of other ways to be sexy besides the stereotypical sexy girl thing. in fact most all of them are sexier than a blatant display of sexuality. and of course seduction is a personal thing, but when it comes to using your body some people just don't really know what to do, they feel awkward, the same way some people just don't know how to dance. this is where they could use some tips.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
striptease, tips