How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-10-2006
front row

i don't know how I feel about oversized sunglasses BUT i think moderation is key. Something like this could be fun if you're trying to surpass the masses and look as unique as possible. I don't see glasses getting very much larger then they already are and i'm sure the size will start to reduce due to the over exposure of BIG BIG frames. I do think ROUND will be very hot in glasses, even with clear lenses. I think the big perscription lenses and round ones will be coming back and the rectangle will be moving out.

theory : big perscription lenses and smaller sunglasses/ less square more round

12-10-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
Again?

That's what I'm wondering too.

I'm fed up with these. I want normal sized sunglasses. I can't take any more Jackie O and bugs.

fashion insider

I would love to have Marc jacobs oversized red sunglasses with rhinestones

Iowa Girl at Heart

Ugh. So many of these glasses are UGLY! I like to think I have taste on some level, and I just can't imagine walking out in public with a majority of these shades on...

25-03-2008
windowshopping

where can i get the one in #10

26-03-2008
V.I.P.

i think they're referancing the french glasses from the 1970's with the noveau filigree work on the sides (like the LV pictured above) but im still in love with my wayfarers and still a bit bored of the oversized look since it was so popular for so long and not very long ago...it's sorta a everyday thing here in southern cali...

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
13-05-2008
trendsetter

I love oversized glasses. First when they just appeared I thought they won't suit me, but when I bought my first pair I fell in love with them and now I buy only big sunglasses.
One of my friends told me that I look like moscito in them... but I don't care, I know they suit not only me, I think they suit practically anyone...

13-05-2008
Iowa Girl at Heart

I can't do the large sunglasses.

I think it will be a trend that pops up every once in a while. My shades are large... but not bug-eye large.

14-05-2008
windowshopping

i love them too but i think that not everyone can wear them..i can't.. im too skinny and my faced is too sucked up..i look like i fly when i wear them XD

my first post

14-05-2008
tfs star

This was something I would have added to the "What Fashion Trends Don't You Understand?" thread until it got merged with the "Trends You are Sick Of" thread.

I failed to understand oversized clutches. I failed somewhat to understand oversized glasses. Logic says that if I failed to understand oversized sunglasses, then I'm supposed to think "what the bloody hell?" with super-sized sunglasses. Fashion or not... fabulous or not... she-wears-these-and-so-will-I or not... this is overkill. There's no defending these glasses. They are so bulky and (as someone noted) look like insect eyes. We have thinner and smaller lenses for a reason- not as bulky, stylish, and just all you need to see. I wear my Wrangler glasses along with some glasses clips on sunny days. It's all the sun protection I need for my eyes. No point in getting glasses or sunglasses much larger than what I actually need for seeing. Thank goodness guys aren't sporting these huge lens glasses because it's just overkill for the eyes and really so unstylish (no matter who tries to make them stylish). I sort of complimented a girl I know for wearing these oversized Dior sunglasses, but that's about it.

Defend these things all you want; I just don't get oversized sunglasses. I don't even think my own grandmother would wear excessively large sunglasses. Just wear what you need and send these big glasses back where they belong- the trash compactor.

trendsetter

hmm not so many big sunglasses fans here
I don't know, those glasses suit me so much better than smaller ones, I have rather heart-shaped face type so they look good on me. So it's mainly not because those glasses "are in" or "Nicole Richie wears them". I look creepy with small or average size glasses so "moscito" ones is an option for me

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
07, s or s, size, sunglasses, super