How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-07-2008
backstage pass

i like footless tights aka leggings actually. i find them very useful when i'm traveling to countries where it's offensive to show too much skin but where it is too hot to wear long pants and jeans. so long as a person doesn't wear leggings as pants, i think it's fine.

28-07-2008
fashion insider

What do you people wear in the winter to keep the legs warm with dresses if they were not in? I thought tights were a necessity.

But I HATE leggings, in my opinion they only look good on models. And footless tights are even worse.

04-08-2008
V.I.P.

I still love them. I cant wait to bring out all my colored tights (& my black ones). I cant remember if I bought orange but if not they are on my list to buy for sure... I have every other color.

04-08-2008
rising star

Well first I'd like to emphasize the "there's a difference between tights and leggings" arguement.

That said, "high fashion"-wise leggings are just about played out. They've hit the streets strongly and have gotten used and abused in all kinds of manners. Regular, day to day wear, I believe they are still going quite strong. I don't attribute this to celebrities or magazines, but to the fact that they still hold their own charm and merit to some people. And while, I would personally never even so much as touch the things even while they were so popular and touted, I think they can still be worn.

Overall, I think it represents an interesting shift in ideals as people start to get away from revealing clothing, like the sudden surge of empire waists, trapeze tops, and peacoats as less stopped being more, and "more" became more again.

In any case, I'd say they are in style. Yet they will always have naysayers as they did even in their peak days. Overall, fashion is about personal expression and flair, so if you think they look good, ROCK ON girl!

Tights (or if your like like me you may know them as "the thick stockings/pantyhose"), however, are considered more timeless and usually get a bit more cred and respect for some reason.

04-08-2008
Brooklyn, baby!

Tights are classic. They will always be in. Nothing makes legs look better, after all!

07-08-2008
V.I.P.

I bought every color you can think of at Target last year & a golden yellow at Macys... but the only color I want now that I didnt buy last year is orange. Has anyone seen orange tights out yet? Im hoping Target will put them out again.

07-08-2008
tfs star

I bought a pair of footless tights at Target last year, but I only ever where them with boots. The same goes for leggings.

07-08-2008
V.I.P.

Not footless tights or leggings. Im pretty much over them except for in dance classes. Im looking for regular tights.

07-08-2008
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowqueen View Post
tights arent a trend they are a staple to me this is like asking are knickers in fashion ?? haha
hah i agree!!

08-08-2008
V.I.P.

LOL SO true.

08-08-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKiwi View Post
Nothing makes legs look better, after all!
i totally agree!
tights are almost always flattering - unlike leggings

V.I.P.

You should wear what you like, no matter if the item is trendy or not.

08-08-2008
scenester

even if they are out of style, i will always wear black tights in the winter...even when i am an old lady

09-08-2008
rising star

i love tights and i cant wait to wear them. i like wearing leggings as tights and tucked into boots because theyre much warmer and more comfortable.

10-08-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany7 View Post
I bought every color you can think of at Target last year & a golden yellow at Macys... but the only color I want now that I didnt buy last year is orange. Has anyone seen orange tights out yet? Im hoping Target will put them out again.
If you're near a H&M, they have a two-pack this season with burgundy and orange. I love them

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
style, tights