How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-11-2008
backstage pass

Just when I thought it was fast to be "done" with s/s 09, here comes 09/10.

22-11-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAlyce View Post
Just when I thought it was fast to be "done" with s/s 09, here comes 09/10.
Yes, when I was working b4, after the season s/s 09 right now, they are already started the s/s 10..................IT's so damn fast~but that's how fashion works

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathewthew View Post
Yes, when I was working b4, after the season s/s 09 right now, they are already started the s/s 10..................IT's so damn fast~but that's how fashion works

I know, I'm planning my outfit for summer vacation in 2011 already, it's gonna be great! ^^

(no sarcasm intended)

22-11-2008
V.I.P.

thanks mathewthew for the info! makes me even more anxious for fall 09!

backstage pass

Yes the 90s ARE back, I dont know if it will sustain untill the fall 09/10. I hope not although Yes Im also sick of the futuristic disco by Balenciaga.

The 90s trend started these days with the music scene I think my famous dj friends in nyc started to play those 90s records and organising 90s parties in nyc and la. Although I heard more the hip hop of then, later I heard the techno house xtc sneaker chic scene music (james brown is dead etc) and now Im also hearing again the dr martins wearing grunge stuff like breeders pixies etc. Oh and on style.com's front page there is already a model with a skateboard now...

Yes it is also refelected in the glass of fashion already with the 90s models Claudia Cindy etc or 90s look a likes.

V.I.P.

Quote:
NICE: The first theme proposed by wgsn for A/W 09.10 is loaded with optimism and hope. The secret lies in drawing pleasure from the little things so that even the most fleeting moments of happiness can be grasped. It's an approach adopted across the board, thanks to a bold use of colour and contemporart garments eccentrically reminiscent of varsity classics. Simple silhouettes are teamed with elements of surprise and perspective illusions with a humorous touch. A warm colour palette that harks back to the shades of the 50s and nostalgic constructions dedicated to our inner child.
This sounds good! Fashion has been so...pessimistic and black for a couple of seasons, I could definitely do with some colour and softness again.

It's in a way very interesting to see what course fashion takes during these unstable times. A leap forward or staying safe?

V.I.P.

Great info as always, Mathew!.

Future Imperfect resonates as something beautiful in my head, I get pictures of Matohu's shows, maybe too literal?.
The optimism for F/W 09.10 wasn't proposed by wgsn, by the way!, the S/S 09 Paris shows were invaded by this, they reacted earlier than everyone to the economical crisis and perhaps they did not delivered the philosophical optimism that people craved for while trying to understand and adjust to certain measures but they did achieved the escapist optimism, which might be less rational but so abudant in creativity and imagination.. while other cities were scratching their head on how to present their labels or appeal to customers through a different or more direct angle, I just loved the sense of humour in Paris and the fact that everyone felt like celebrating some sort of feisty stability that no one can actually claim right now.

Last edited by MulletProof; 26-11-2008 at 01:41 AM.
26-11-2008
V.I.P.

many thanks for the review Mathewthew !

PV also has some more info on t heir site,
unfortunately without any example photos of the fabrics this season..

There some really interesting themes for the fabrics..

-provoking unusual behaviours
-running away with heaviness
-drawing on fabric & colour as generators of energy

I'm curious what designers will have come up with..

26-11-2008
V.I.P.

btw to be honest , there seemed to be a lot of "negative" vibe in the themes also ...
from my impression
and i somehow really find that fascinating... and makes me more curious...-

including what i wrote above^ (the unusual behaviour, running away)
key words/phrases were also
-upsetting
-being moved by reckless handles

not sure what the last one means...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathewthew
SILENT AGITATIONS: The last proposal stimulates and encourages vivacity and brightness within neutral contexts. Basic tepid and pale colours are teamed with delicated pastel shades, adding light and warmth to the mood in a discreet, elegant way.
i really liked this description... ^^;;

01-12-2008
fashion insider

Thank you for the preview and the effort you put in, Mathewthew.

The fashion forecasters are so vague and abstract with their writing, it's a bit frustrating trying to picture what it is they actually mean!

I think plaid is already here, but what other ideas and concepts are new and desirable? With this economic environment, the fashion industry has to provide something that sparks the imagination and create "must-haves".

17-12-2008
fashion elite

i hope that they follow in a couple different proposeddirections: one being a reminiscent of dior's couture collection. very retro early 60s. another is going back to bias 30s cute items, and continued emphasis on a small waist/broulder shoulder. i also expect for thetrouser to contune to be big, and the love affair w/ ysl reminiscent 70s style pants to continue. basically cleaner, ladylike. the extras will be influenced more by southeast asia. (indian) vs central asian. also contuned reliance on south america for ideas.

17-12-2008
V.I.P.

^^^^ yeah i feel same way too , i think with the decade coming to a close , with bad economies and different vibe , I feel it will be combination of early 90s , aspects of the 30s and early 40s and YSL 70s with more blatant references ,I think the look is moving away from the 80s punkish street urchin which dominated much of this decade and moving to a more cleaner look, I have to say part BIBA and part futuristic .

26-12-2008
front row

I think 90s trend is slowly back on the rotation of fashion trends. step by step. but I am sure on 2010, people will be ready to pull off those 90s trend. (sorry I can't speak english well, hope you understand what I mean :p)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0910, f or w, forecast, trend