How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-07-2010
windowshopping

This isn't a trend but I really really dislike those tops with shelf bras.

They just look awkward on almost everyone.

13-07-2010
front row

Okay, I don't think this is a trend (well at least I hope not)
But I've seen it on enough people... that I thought I would mention it.

People who dye the top part of their hair platinum blonde, and then dye the hair underneath really dark brown.

I think it looks tacky, and most of all so unnatural. The whole look is really unflattering.
(maybe it looks good on some people, I have yet to see someone who can work that hairstyle)
But that's just my opinion.

13-07-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Trends in general.

Why does it matter what anyone else is wearing or what some magazine or website says you should wear? Wear what you're comfortable with whether or not anyone else likes it.
Agreed. I hate it when people follow trends that are obviously not suited to their body just because they think if you're "interested in fashion" that's what you should do. I mean it's ok to wear something unflattering if it's a statement or a look, but otherwise it's just unflattering.

13-07-2010
trendsetter

I have to agree with the above posts. I also hate, when people stop wearing something because of being "out-of-season".

Come on! Wear whatever is beautiful! Make your own statement.

13-07-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labellevie View Post

People who dye the top part of their hair platinum blonde, and then dye the hair underneath really dark brown.

I think it looks tacky, and most of all so unnatural. The whole look is really unflattering.
(maybe it looks good on some people, I have yet to see someone who can work that hairstyle)
It's sort of a trend here too. I saw at least 20 girls with their hair like that at a feestival this weekend. Except it wasn't just the platinum blonde / dark brown combination, but also colors like blue, peach, white, purple, etc. I think it looks awful

13-07-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by labellevie View Post

Ugh, here in Poland I see girls with hairdos like that almost everywhere. Acctualy we've got name for girls like that but I don't think there's an English translation for that, but it's not kind anyway This girls always look tacky, you know, short, tight tops, tight jeans, and ofc you can see everything - breasts, bum, thong... Oh, and they are always tanned too much...

13-07-2010
Once King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Trends in general.

Why does it matter what anyone else is wearing or what some magazine or website says you should wear? Wear what you're comfortable with whether or not anyone else likes it.
why? Maybe you want to try something you never thought of, could be a chance to have a little fun, or even used as acknowledgment for being ahead of the curve somewhat example:if you always wore dr.martens for instance.

Without trends or runway forecast would I ever buttoned up my shirt to the top button without a tie? Of course damn not!

If being comfortable in what you are wearing is all that matters (it is not) then you can sit around and watch the first five minutes of "How do I look" before turning it off because those folks are happy with what they are wearing.

Echoes: don't take this as hate, flame, or me bashing you.

On topic: Rompers bore me, every girl looks the same and it rarely looks good. tall girls it look to small, wide girls it looks way to skintight, and on short girls it ends up looking like toddler clothes.

Last edited by Desi; 13-07-2010 at 01:46 PM.

13-07-2010
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
In all seriousness my mother actually makes better clothes. I wouldn't even spit in American Apparel's direction. Or Hollister. Or Abercrombie & Fitch. Or American Eagle. Or General Issue. Or anything that resembles the aforementioned.
I know exactly how you feel. My environment is full of people wearing Hollister, American Eagle, etc. What I hate even more is them flaunting it as though it were a big brand name/label to be respected.

13-07-2010
front row

Ed Hardy. *shudders*

And I agree about Hollister and AE. It's a t-shirt with a name on it, whoop de doo. Seriously.

And I also agree about rompers. They make most people look like boring marshmallows. Accessorization is key, yet hardly anyone can pull it off.

13-07-2010
windowshopping

Yeah. I hate those shirts (hollister, american eagle, abercrombie & fitch, etc) that are blatantly branded for everyone to read and see. man... like it was the coolest most creative thing you could wear.

I have read this somewhere in here but here again paraphrased:

‎oh hey let's design nice clothing, stain it and rip the heck out of it, mass produce it in a children's sweatshop in bangladesh, jack up the prices and call it 'vintage.'

Last edited by kimiko-chan; 13-07-2010 at 06:42 PM.

14-07-2010
Looking Up

If you're gonna be a labelwhore you might as well show off with a DECENT brand, not Hollister.

14-07-2010
windowshopping

i hate those hair ribbons, girls put over their forehead.

14-07-2010
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPAVERT View Post
Oh yeah, like the whole boho festival thing? I find it weird because if you ask them to take it off they have this weird mark around their head & they say, "Aw no it looks rubbish" & I think, but you've been walking around with that all day...

14-07-2010
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPAVERT View Post
THIS.

14-07-2010
windowshopping

http://www.forever21.com/images/flas...g?7/14/2010/18

yep.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, sick, trends