How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-03-2011
front row

Nail art (a little), statement rings, "tough" boots, highlighted hair, 90s redux, open toe bootie type shoe, cage like sandal, stars and celebs dressed for big red carpet events in the wrong colors-- ie, blonds in black and red etc.

16-03-2011
front row

50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeV View Post
lol that's a little vague

18-03-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelipeV View Post
now i wonder what you wear

20-03-2011
front row

^^
LOL, I'm just sick to hear almost every season "70's are back, (any brand) return us to 54th Studio", "80's return (again and again and--)", and i got tired to hear about mad men last a/w. I like vintage or inspiration of another centuries, but mostly atemporal (not basics only) clothes

Last edited by FelipeV; 20-03-2011 at 06:26 PM.
20-03-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariyaCroft View Post
I could never be sick of that
Dear big sis, how did I expect to find you replying to "minimalist fashion" post? p:

-leggings, jeggings, pj pants/jeans crap...
-indie/vintage look.
-that Frenchie vintage look. At times, it's cute, but it's so overdone nowadays.

I'm torn on the sheer maxi; I think it's kind of nice, very different, almost over-the-top, and quite interesting. But on the other hand, how could you pull it off? Where would you even wear it? Doesn't make sense to me, but I applaud any who gives it an honest shot.
Also, I'm getting a bit sick of skinny jeans; I know, I'm the devil, burn me at the stake. But no, I'm really sick of people thinking it's the ONLY pants out there and so they buy a ton and wear them all the time. Please, please, PLEASE learn that you can wear other pants [and skirts... and dresses... and shorts...] and look good, too.

Last edited by Neyla; 20-03-2011 at 11:51 PM.
21-03-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neyla View Post
Dear big sis, how did I expect to find you replying to "minimalist fashion" post? p:

-leggings, jeggings, pj pants/jeans crap...
-indie/vintage look.
-that Frenchie vintage look. At times, it's cute, but it's so overdone nowadays.

I'm torn on the sheer maxi; I think it's kind of nice, very different, almost over-the-top, and quite interesting. But on the other hand, how could you pull it off? Where would you even wear it? Doesn't make sense to me, but I applaud any who gives it an honest shot.
Also, I'm getting a bit sick of skinny jeans; I know, I'm the devil, burn me at the stake. But no, I'm really sick of people thinking it's the ONLY pants out there and so they buy a ton and wear them all the time. Please, please, PLEASE learn that you can wear other pants [and skirts... and dresses... and shorts...] and look good, too.
So agree with the skinny jeans. It starts to piss me off (or whatever.....it's other people's problem what they wear, no reason to get emotional ). But it starts to bore me too. It's like people don't realise that there are so many kinds of pants. Everyone wears skinny jeans with classic t shirt plus leather jacket and the result is that everyone looks the same and boring.
And also agree with opinion that skirts and dresses are very underrated...People don't realise how amazing they can look and are mostly very comfy, too
Have to say Frenchie vintage look seems also boring to me. I remember rocking it 2 or 3 years ago. The problem with that look is that it never surprises you. It's same all the time and it becomes hopelessly boring

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by CursedPoet View Post
So agree with the skinny jeans. It starts to piss me off (or whatever.....it's other people's problem what they wear, no reason to get emotional ). But it starts to bore me too. It's like people don't realise that there are so many kinds of pants. Everyone wears skinny jeans with classic t shirt plus leather jacket and the result is that everyone looks the same and boring.
And also agree with opinion that skirts and dresses are very underrated...People don't realise how amazing they can look and are mostly very comfy, too
Have to say Frenchie vintage look seems also boring to me. I remember rocking it 2 or 3 years ago. The problem with that look is that it never surprises you. It's same all the time and it becomes hopelessly boring
I'm a silly bean when it comes to skirts; I want to give them a shot, but every time I do, I feel so out of place so I wimp out and get some other pants instead. :p
It's just the whole self-conscious crap-- I'll get it over it someday, soon, hopefully... ;3
Yeah, every one keeps wearing the same outfits lately, it drives me nuts. Stop with the skinnies! Wear high-waist slacks! They're gorg and comfy- I'm really getting into 'em lately.
Ugh, same! I saw that Frenchie vintage look two/three years ago and it's still around, everywhere. I even spotted an old mag the other day from spring 2009 that had that style all over it and I was laughing to myself.
Overall, yes, very boring.

22-03-2011
backstage pass

Crop flare sleeves (awful awful awful)
Cardigans running rampant on the streets
"My shirt is my dress/tunic"
Tiny floral vintage prints
Oxford shoes
Brown vintage bags
Bat-wing everything
Big pendants (they looks nice in photos but they are total no-no's in real look)
Skinny jeans on unfit legs
Wide-legged trousers (annoy me )
Large structured bags/totes (annoy me even more )
Louboutin-all-the-time
Peep-toe pumps = tacky
Beannie hats or whatever you call them, doesnt make them less ugly
Cowboy boots (2012 is right next to me )
Bustier dress - the whole taylor swift look, you're not a little princess, wake up
Tiered-maxi dress - the worst tailoring can get
Balmain-looks overdone - tacky
Hermes "H" belt - LV monogram totes - Chanel CC shoes - Srsly you need a billboard on your head.
Colorful punk rock look - tacky
The whole emo look - tacky sevenfold

22-03-2011
V.I.P.

i don't think skinny jeans should be considered as trend.... its just jeans, a bit more feminine, but still just jeans.... i want to be able to find nice pair of them even when they are passe or whatever.

as for dresses and skirts, i wear them all the time, i have only few pairs of pants and over hundred dresses.... they are so easy to combine with jackets and necklaces and socks and flats....

Quote:
Hermes "H" belt - LV monogram totes - Chanel CC shoes - Srsly you need a billboard on your head.
Louboutin-all-the-time
Peep-toe pumps = tacky
Balmain-looks overdone - tacky
i agree with this, i strongly agree!!!

Last edited by m.j.; 22-03-2011 at 10:36 AM.
22-03-2011
front row

I think the trendiness with skinny jeans comes in when it's all everybody wears, ever, even if it's not right for them. It was the same with low-rise bootcut jeans in the early '00s and acid-washed jeans in the '80s. They were all just jeans, but no one would say they weren't trends. They were everywhere, pretty much to the exclusion of all else.

Even though I'm always bitching about them, I don't actually hate skinny jeans themselves. What I do hate is that it's the only kind of jean anyone wears anymore. If you go someplace where the demographic skews young (20s on down), everybody is more or less wearing the same uniform. I get tired of looking at it. (And of course it is no one else's responsibility to dress in a way that doesn't offend my senses, but that doesn't make it any more pleasant to look at all the time.) I don't want skinny jeans to go away, but I guess I don't understand why no one ever buys other styles, too, once in a blue moon.

23-03-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheepmunk View Post
I think the trendiness with skinny jeans comes in when it's all everybody wears, ever, even if it's not right for them. It was the same with low-rise bootcut jeans in the early '00s and acid-washed jeans in the '80s. They were all just jeans, but no one would say they weren't trends. They were everywhere, pretty much to the exclusion of all else.

Even though I'm always bitching about them, I don't actually hate skinny jeans themselves. What I do hate is that it's the only kind of jean anyone wears anymore. If you go someplace where the demographic skews young (20s on down), everybody is more or less wearing the same uniform. I get tired of looking at it. (And of course it is no one else's responsibility to dress in a way that doesn't offend my senses, but that doesn't make it any more pleasant to look at all the time.) I don't want skinny jeans to go away, but I guess I don't understand why no one ever buys other styles, too, once in a blue moon.
This! Much more eloquent than how I phrased it. :p
I agree 1000000000% (:

23-03-2011
I don't know

That's very well put cheepmunk and true. I've noticed that trends in pants (I mean trends regarding fit, not wash nor color etc) don't come and go as quickly as they do with other items. You're right about people not saying it's a trend when it is, maybe it's because finding good pants are harder (at least for me) and we tend to see them as base instead of what can define your look.

We style on top of it instead of around it like we do trends.

23-03-2011
V.I.P.

I don't care what everyone here says, I'll wear skinny jeans for the rest of my live because
1) They're the most flattering jeans style on me. Why wear something that doesn't suit me and my style just for the heck of not getting boring?
2) Skinny jeans go best with high heels.
3) I f'ing hate bootcuts.
4) Flared and baggy jeans aren't that great either. Straight-legged jeans are ok, but they only look good with sneakers, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just as sick of 95% of all the girls between 15 and 35 wearing dark blue skinnies, UGGs, black Zara coats and the Longchamp Pliage bag and all looking the same. But that's the outfit/style as a whole that is boring and has nothing to do with the style/fit of the jeans.
For a while I was hoping for women to start wearing more skirts again but now seeing all these hippie/vintage girls in their unflattering flea market crap makes me 10x more sick than people wearing simple and classic jeans (as long as they're not three sizes too small, of course).

23-03-2011
scenester

i think people just miss tailored high waisted pants and that sort. I know I do.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, sick, trends