How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-08-2011
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubie girl View Post
Drag-queen high heels + platforms

saksfifthavenue
agreed---
stripper shoes suck......
and so do those jeffrey campbells...

i'm also not a fan of those sheer chiffon maxi skirts...
really can't wait for that one to die out...

01-09-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey View Post
agreed---
i'm also not a fan of those sheer chiffon maxi skirts...
really can't wait for that one to die out...

I cannot agree more! Everyone has just started wearing them here. Sheer maxi skirts are just irritating me for some reason. They're done to death in streetstyle photos, and then you get to real life and they're everywhere!

Looking Up

What about camp print? Unfortunately we all thought that if we waited long enough this demonic trend would just wear out (pun intended!), but I'm still seeing it! And it's painful!

21-09-2011
backstage pass

Leggings worn as pants. Yuck
Posted via Mobile Device

21-09-2011
Looking Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
What about camp print? Unfortunately we all thought that if we waited long enough this demonic trend would just wear out (pun intended!), but I'm still seeing it! And it's painful!
This was meant to say "Camo print" not camp print lol

24-09-2011
V.I.P.

streetstyled.tumblr

Well, ill-fitting boyfreind jeans.
They have to have the right loose fit.
These are just so 80s.

and yeah, 80s is horrible.

Going out without bra especially in top like this...

That whole ``hey, I follow trends look at me´´ trend is horrible.

Everything in this outfit is just wrong.

Last edited by Jenna-maria; 24-09-2011 at 03:06 AM.
24-09-2011
backstage pass

ARGH #366!! how horrific!!
leggings, ugg boots, jack wills hoodies - altogether and/or separatly is not my cup of tea, ahhh!

24-09-2011
front row

Pointy shoes on men! They're so prevalent among young guys in Melbourne. They are always terrible quality and curl up at the ends so, when paired with skinny jeans, they make you look like a court jester. But even if they were by John Lobb and in perfect condition, pointy shoes still wouldn't look good.

26-09-2011
front row

Lately for me it's bikes.
They appear to have become the coveted accessory. Especially city/hybrid bikes with a basket. And ok, they're nice, they're environmentally friendly, but the incessant posing with bike wearing impractical shoes in cosmopolitan setting for photo's which end up all over my tumblr dashboard? It's starting to bug me.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin de Lune View Post
Lately for me it's bikes.
They appear to have become the coveted accessory. Especially city/hybrid bikes with a basket. And ok, they're nice, they're environmentally friendly, but the incessant posing with bike wearing impractical shoes in cosmopolitan setting for photo's which end up all over my tumblr dashboard? It's starting to bug me.
I think it's really funny people consider bikes to be trendy, where I live more people have bikes then they have cars .

The difference must be that here they are the most practical vehicle, not owning a bike would be weirder in most of the cases. It's not a statement or 'trendy' but something that you just have. You learn to drive it when you are age 4-5 and pretty much never stop using it.

27-09-2011
front row

Fewormany - Trends aside, I wish more people would use them here in the UK, especially in the north. If I rode out on a bike with a basket attached here I would probably suffer verbal abuse, sadly. It would actually stand out to that extent. Roads completely dominate here and the atmosphere is really unfriendly towards cyclists.

Maybe I should try it out

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin de Lune View Post
Fewormany - Trends aside, I wish more people would use them here in the UK, especially in the north. If I rode out on a bike with a basket attached here I would probably suffer verbal abuse, sadly. It would actually stand out to that extent. Roads completely dominate here and the atmosphere is really unfriendly towards cyclists.

Maybe I should try it out
Wear a helmet, just in case

Ontopic, beige/camel chino's on men. It's like someone handed them out for free, suddenly they are everywhere.

27-09-2011
rising star

I don't see how a bike can be "trendy". It's not really a fashion piece like a handbag or a pair of glasses so something that isn't a fashion item being trendy makes no sense to me. *shrugs* But yes I agree more people should ride bikes instead of SUVs and the like.

Back on topic; I agree with Jenna-maria, I saw so many ladies wearing boyfreind jeans when I was in Austin, Tx and all of them wore them a size too big for their bodies. Just very ugly looking. :I

27-09-2011
front row

A few months ago, I loved sheer on women... now it's just "meh, what else is new?"

As for guys, my brain pukes each time I see a guy with beige/camel chinos and a black graphic tee

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleam View Post
I'm really sick of the upscale street urchin waif look. The Alexa Chung look. Urgh. It's kind of cute when you're 18 but by the time you're 28, you should look a little more grown-up.
Wow.... I so agree. I hate this hipster look. I'm quite annoyed with these waif-ish girls who think they're so intellectual/unique looking...when actually they all look the same.

I generally dislike "trends". I admire people who actually dress for themselves and clever. Nothing worse than a girl who wears 4-5 "trends" at the same time... I see those girls at Zara every week...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, sick, trends