How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-11-2011
rising star

two things today.

creepers. i actually like creepers. for me, they have sentimental value being my school shoes for years and years (ages ago). what i don't appreciate are creepers being worn by girls who wouldn't be seen dead in them if they weren't so ~in~. you can spot them from a mile off. i generally don't like people who wear x just because it's in fashion anyway though.

number two. this isn't so much a fashion trend but a fashion-related trend i have stumbled upon a LOT since my jeggings hate. BLOGGERS. everywhere. how do i know? well, i'm trying to get from A to B but there are bloggers peppered all over london and it annoys me to death. girls wearing heels they can walk in, looking down. ALWAYS LOOKING DOWN. hands on hips. WHAT ARE YOU DOING

/rant

02-12-2011
rising star

Fur caps- loved them previous year, but they seem kinda out now.
Fashion in Czech Republic is funny. I love the fact that almost everyone was literally "scared" to wear fur caps previous year but everybody wears them now (but i guess that it's same with almost every trend). It bores me to see almost every girl wearing it. But there are some people who can put those caps into new level by wearing fur cap with fur jacket and furry boots- hideous!

I didn't find exact expression for what i mean in english, so if someone doesn't know what i'm talking about, this is what i call fur cap

source: http://emabug.blog.cz

front row

I wish those would come into style in the US. I have a couple that my uncle brought back from a trip to Kazakhstan in the 1970s. They're so warm and cozy, but wearing fur, even if it's vintage, generally only gets you really nasty looks around the people I know.

I can't imagine the cap with fur coat and furry boots, though. That really does sound awful.

02-12-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzeh View Post
number two. this isn't so much a fashion trend but a fashion-related trend i have stumbled upon a LOT since my jeggings hate. BLOGGERS. everywhere. how do i know? well, i'm trying to get from A to B but there are bloggers peppered all over london and it annoys me to death. girls wearing heels they can walk in, looking down. ALWAYS LOOKING DOWN. hands on hips. WHAT ARE YOU DOING

/rant
LMFAO. you are very right.
i am seriously wondering when people are gonna get tired of this. it's been a couple years now since this blogger/lookbook/[more recently] tumblr style has emerged and it has gotten old LONG ago. and i think it's even more annoying when you see it from a photography perspective - no, your photo is not poetic because it features a white skinny girl looking vacant with wind in her dress or because of that fake lomography filter, sorry2say.

also, on trends: not sure if it counts, but. terry-richardson-style photography.

03-12-2011
fashion insider

UGGS!

When will these fugly things finally disapear!?!

03-12-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laris View Post
LMFAO. you are very right.
i am seriously wondering when people are gonna get tired of this. it's been a couple years now since this blogger/lookbook/[more recently] tumblr style has emerged and it has gotten old LONG ago. and i think it's even more annoying when you see it from a photography perspective - no, your photo is not poetic because it features a white skinny girl looking vacant with wind in her dress or because of that fake lomography filter, sorry2say.

also, on trends: not sure if it counts, but. terry-richardson-style photography.
oh I'm so glad someone mentioned the instagram thing
it's so corny

07-12-2011
front row

^It just looks like they try too hard. There is no nonchalance.. which I think is the main problem.

rising star

totally. it looks forced and pathetic. if i'm always in the need for a massive lol i'll just go on lookbook and laugh until i burst a lung

Looking Up

What exactly is it? Could someone explain it? Are you guys referring to the sudden "interest" everyone has with photography? People like to think they're more artistic than they actually are. I for one know next to nothing about photography, but I'm not embarrassed to admit it. I'd be more than happy to brag about my good mathematical skills instead, which has become somewhat "embarrassing" these days.

07-12-2011
fashion elite

^instagram is an app that makes mobile shots in the iPhone look more artistic. From the photos that I've seen it makes images look like developed photos that have faded from too much sunlight (like 10 years of sunlight exposure).

07-12-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
What exactly is it? Could someone explain it? Are you guys referring to the sudden "interest" everyone has with photography? People like to think they're more artistic than they actually are. I for one know next to nothing about photography, but I'm not embarrassed to admit it. I'd be more than happy to brag about my good mathematical skills instead, which has become somewhat "embarrassing" these days.
If you browse through many fashion blogs, you will notice that their outfits are very similar. They all seem to present themselves in the same way, for instance through photography as you mentioned.
A typical look will be skinny jeans, a oversized cardi, some bulky rings, a scarf and maybe a hat on top.
The point is that they all look the same and thus it seems forced upon because the look that their 'pulling off' isn't mainstream anywhere other than the net.

This is of course generally speaking and not all bloggers are like that, luckily

rising star

Everything in this thread is usually so on. Especially with instagram.
  • Tights as pants are here to stay, but I can't take it.
  • Tights as pants with knee-high riding boots.
  • Faux-fur vests with a sensible bun.
  • Studded leatherette purses.
  • Two-tone hair, especially dark brown and black with blond tips .
  • Heels you just can't walk in.

Um, SO tired of the valley/preppy girl take on 90's grunge. It's just very unattractive and cliche.
Umbrella trends:
  • Excessively destroyed cut-offs/skirts
  • Doc Marten's... OMG, I just sold 2 pairs of my own. EVERYONE's wearing them with no individuality at all.

Last edited by seamnoir; 07-12-2011 at 07:43 AM.
09-12-2011
backstage pass

Guys wearing uggs.
Seriously, stop wearing your girlfriends shoes.

09-12-2011
front row

your girlfriends shoes? it looks hidious on girls too.

I actually take it for granted that uggs are a trend we hate.

trendsetter

Ombre hair - So many girl are wearing it cause they think this is an "it girl" look .

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, sick, trends