How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-04-2011
front row

I hate high wasted denim shorts. It's not flattering, why go high? The mum butt is almost impossible to avoid. It gets worse combined with tights.

I just have to ignore it.. There will be countless of girls wearing high waisted denim shorts on summer festivals.

10-04-2011
V.I.P.

im officially sick of color blocking.... i even hate the expression 'color blocking'
abuse of colors.

17-04-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowie View Post
I hate high wasted denim shorts. It's not flattering, why go high? The mum butt is almost impossible to avoid. It gets worse combined with tights.

I just have to ignore it.. There will be countless of girls wearing high waisted denim shorts on summer festivals.
Agree ! OMG the shorts are horrible even on models
Im unlucky to live in a country where ppl try so hard on their clothing and it turns out to look tacky and painful I wish they hv any idea of effortlessness.

Now this is how girls in my country often wear, which sickens me to deathhh

1. High-waisted shorts, jeans, pants + Slim fit colored blouse/tee shirt + stilettos + any label whoring bag they can find + heavy makeup and hair-do. The horrible point is that this outfit shows all the boob and butt which is downright tasteless and cheap

2. Try-hard vintage. But i dont care if they try or not, the whole vintage look arouses the beast in me

I cant decide which one to hate more

Last edited by LeBonChic; 17-04-2011 at 12:41 PM.

17-04-2011
scenester

gladiator/caged shoes.

....your foot isn't a animal(although for some, it might smell like one), its not meant to be caged!

17-04-2011
tfs star

I still get tired of seeing jean short shorts with tights. I fail to see what makes this even remotely fashionable, cute, cool, or whatever appropriate adjective fits. Denim blue jean short shorts with black tights (opaque or sheer) with black shoes... I just don't see what makes this look fashionable. Then again, I've given up long ago trying to fit in thinking I know fashion.

18-04-2011
backstage pass

im sure ive said this already in here, but leggings as trousers - ARGH.
and when people wear big thick belts around a t-shirt.

25-04-2011
TNF
front row

At the moment, I'm sick of all those salmon pink/bleached blue/creme/beige/skin-colored crap which is still huge in The Netherlands (despite the messages in all Dutch glossy's colour blocking would become the trend this spring/summer).

I look like a flour bag when wearing it, there's almost no difference between such color combinations and my - pale - face. And I think it's also simply boring. Utterly humorless.

25-04-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNF View Post
At the moment, I'm sick of all those salmon pink/bleached blue/creme/beige/skin-colored crap which is still huge in The Netherlands (despite the messages in all Dutch glossy's colour blocking would become the trend this spring/summer).
So true, I used to feel like I was the weird foreigner that wears dark jeans and black top and no sandals during warm days.

Just saw some celeb pics at Coachella wearing high-waist shorts. Hope that never becomes popular in my country.
Uggs and crackled nail polish are some of the uggliest inventions ever...

Last edited by MulletProof; 26-04-2011 at 01:08 AM. Reason: weight talk. see tFS Guidelines, please.

25-04-2011
windowshopping

These bags (Longchamp) are basically ok. But everybody has one here in France, it became so common! I'm really sick of seeing them everywhere.

Last edited by Valentinaa; 25-04-2011 at 12:44 PM.

27-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.j. View Post
im officially sick of color blocking.... i even hate the expression 'color blocking'
abuse of colors.
Same! Im rolling my eyes like crazy. Every site is like color block thissss, color block thattt ...here a color block, there a color block, everywhere a color block block block!

Ahem.

27-04-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBonChic View Post
1. High-waisted shorts, jeans, pants + Slim fit colored blouse/tee shirt + stilettos + any label whoring bag they can find + heavy makeup and hair-do. The horrible point is that this outfit shows all the boob and butt which is downright tasteless and cheap

2. Try-hard vintage. But i dont care if they try or not, the whole vintage look arouses the beast in me

I cant decide which one to hate more
Wow, yes. Both are equally bad.

27-04-2011
backstage pass

those longchamp bags are EVERYWHERE here too. im sick of the sight of them, I do not find them appealing at all either.

30-04-2011
backstage pass

Yes....longchamp. i love this bag , it's simple and made well & durable, etc. but . . . it's EVERYWHERE. i got mine in france 2 years ago, and now even my school in california every other girl has it. now i don't wear mine as often...i'm sick of seeing it everywhere haha

01-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally posted by m.j

abuse of colors.
Yeah, it is horrible.
Some people do the `color blocking´ this way:
all black clothes then huuuuuuuuuuuuge yellow bag that is plastic.
Zara sell those kind of bags

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/store...RFUL%2BSHOPPER

Quote:
Originally posted by kowie

High waisted denim shorts are hooooorrible and if they are tight they are even more horrible. Also those sailor-ish high waisted shorts with buttons in front are horrible.
People, please stop wearing those!

Quote:
Originally posted by LeBonChic

I have to agree.
Some people can do it right, like Rodellee from Adore Vintage but usually it do not look good.

Dita Von Teese-style is horrible also.

Hipsters. Ewe.

04-05-2011
windowshopping

I also agree on the Longchamp matter, they're nice but everyone's got them. Color blocking can be okay in my opinion, but I rarely see someone actually wearing it.
Vans are becoming less and less interesting too, since everyone's wearing them also

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 2010, 2014, november, september, sick, trends