How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-07-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
Espadrilles, Hippy Headbands, Bandanas, Peterpan collar dresses.... Basically anything TopShop has in store .
Also sick of hippy gear. Also, oxford shoes, tomboy chic, the long bob haircut, and leopard print.

11-07-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
And this hair style that everyone and their mothers are rocking right now:

realone.com
The Lykke Li bun! , yeah, I've almost managed to block it out completely whenever I spot it, a 2-year hater and counting.

Currently getting sick of bags/clutches in bright colors with minimal decor and plastic-y vibe.. Céline ones, AA clutches, Cambridge Satchels, you get the idea.
Also sick of coming across bloggers that look like makeup artists assistants but pose like Frida Gustavsson, I don't know what they're trying to do with that but it definitely doesn't invite for lots of sympathy and without sympathy, you're just left with a below-average face and some very obnoxious body language.

.. color blocking.

11-07-2011
Some Like It Hot

One other thing I'm SICK of seeing is Dip dye hair coloring! it is so boring! everyone has done it! it's over! NEXT!

12-07-2011
Aby
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLouiseParker View Post
To add to that, I have to add sunglasses indoors. To quote Larry David: "Only two types of people wear sunglasses indoors: Blind people and a**holes."
Agree 200 %. Sunglasses in the métro... Creepy when you feel the look of someone who's hiding behind shades.

I want to add flowery jumpsuit and rompers that look like night/home wear.

platforms and very high wedges are rarely flattering I find.

It's not even a trend but a seasonal event:tourists in Paris wearing short-shorts and flip-flops, moving in packs like they're 2 year old kids afraid of getting lost, speaking very loudly.

12-07-2011
tfs star

I'm sorry... the whole statement deal can be a hot mess of fail. I don't care what anyone thinks- some of those "statement" accessories can be grotesquely ugly, namely certain rings and some necklaces. I am just not feeling those as much as everyone else.

13-07-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumian View Post
Oversize glasses! Especially without prescription!

Attachment 584321
Pic from www.shopsolbriller.dk
I think they can be cute for photos, but to walk outside like that... Looks silly.

14-07-2011
rising star

I know this is a very broad but seriously...

IM SICK OF TSHIRTS, especially on women, they just dont bring up any attraction for me anymore. Anyone with me on this?

14-07-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by saann View Post
And this hair style that everyone and their mothers are rocking right now
... I think it's cute, especially with a clean, makeup less face. Real emphasis on a pretty face.

14-07-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyShow View Post
I'm kind of over Free People...that whole...boho look. yawn.
i SOOOO agree with you here. every fashion blog is that boho hippie look + litas + dream catchers + feathers + tons of crap jewelry piled on alllll at once... bla bla bla. boring! predictable!

15-07-2011
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
One other thing I'm SICK of seeing is Dip dye hair coloring! it is so boring! everyone has done it! it's over! NEXT!
Agree! I can not stand this.
It's winter here but if crop tops, gladiator sandals or high waisted denim shorts are everywhere again this summer I will be so annoyed.

15-07-2011
windowshopping

I live in a university town so I'm very over high waisted denim shorts with black tights and cowboy boots, don't think I was ever a fan of it to begin with but ugh...stop it now.

15-07-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayote View Post
I know this is a very broad but seriously...

IM SICK OF TSHIRTS, especially on women, they just dont bring up any attraction for me anymore. Anyone with me on this?
I used to wear them a lot, but I basically refuse to wear T-shirts now. Especially if you're pear-shaped or just curvy, they do nothing for your figure. T-shirts are rarely very pretty either.

15-07-2011
fashion icon

Three words: DENIM BOOTY SHORTS!!!! They instantly make you look like a redneck hooker. Looking like Britney Spears in booty jorts with no shoes and a bag of Cheetos in your hand while walking to a gas station IS NOT A GOOD LOOK!!!! ......(sigh) okay I'm done

16-07-2011
tfs star

I thought it was mostly towards femmes, but I've seen it on a guy, and leads me to this contribution: bright neon canvas sneakers. Here's the setup- a basic T-shirt, some shorts... and bright neon canvas sneakers. I know there's a pop of color to be concerned with, but that's a pathetic combo.

18-07-2011
rising star

I have to agree with a lot of the trends brought up in this thread. Though the ones that have REALLY been irritating me lately:
- Dip dyed hair
- High waisted denim short shorts
- Cropped tops... I've seen too many young girls walking around with their bellies hanging out, wearing them with thin black leggings, and it's WINTER here.
- Long sheer skirts
- Colour blocking
- Leopard print also seems to have reached a new height of trashy

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 2010, 2014, november, september, sick, trends