How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-09-2011
Looking Up

What do you call these trends? I've had enough of all of them. It's not cute or charming.

http://lookbook.nu

29-09-2011
Looking Up

Oh and THIS!!

lookbook.nu

29-09-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
What do you call these trends? I've had enough of all of them. It's not cute or charming.
Granny gone wild.

29-09-2011
V.I.P.

You gotta credit the account, Squizree!

I agree on how awful it looks but I think the main problem here is the fact that the girl's got the desperation of a blogger, she's piling on a bunch of trendy pieces, not caring about proportions or textures or balancing them out with more timeless garments in order to create some harmony, she's just wearing it all at once in order to not be 'left out'.. which is what lookbook/blogger seems to do, I've seen girls that initially had good sense of style just lose it completely among this competence to get 'hype', it's pretty sad, especially as that site's ideally about showcasing personal style..

Anyhoo, I was coming here to say I am SICK of seeing oxfords shoes, I can't even see my pairs in the closet anymore.. or actually I can, and in stores too, I just can't stand seeing them on people anymore, every single girl here has a pair.. I even saw a girl the other day wearing them with what appeared to be pants (and not Marant-esque pants, they were real, workout pants) .

29-09-2011
tfs star

I wear oxfords because it's the only pair of shoes that look chic and preppy enough for the university I attend..unfortunately we have a dresscode...grr...

I so agree with the above poster though. Lookbook.nu is a fail as a whole in my opinion... I don't get why beautiful girls who take great pictures are automatically "stylish" or inspirational... I'm hope I don't sound mean though..

29-09-2011
Looking Up

Oh sorry, it's by BY TRINI G. I've never credited this site before

29-09-2011
front row

She needs a bicycle.

30-09-2011
doldrums

Squizree...

Kind of goth but not? It's more like goth meets old lady and eerily reminiscent of something stereotypical goths in movies would wear during the late 80's or early 90's. Oversize mature clothing and a penchant for blacks.

This is from a the cult classic b horror movie Mirror Mirror

houseofselfindulgenceblogspot.com and screenshot from youtube/user/campslasherreturns
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mirror-Mirror-Rainbow-Harvest-5.jpg (15.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg campslasher.jpg (41.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by silk skin paws; 30-09-2011 at 05:03 AM.

01-10-2011
rising star

I'm sick of seeing oxfords everywhere, as well as sheer maxi skirts. Even worse when they're combined with dip dyed hair.

02-10-2011
front row

I'm not sure this counts as an already-existing tred because, as far as I can tell, it's only taking off this fall, but. The boots with the super skinny wedge heel need to die now. What does one call that heel, anyway? Besides highly impractical and unflattering to pretty much everyone, I mean.

Last edited by cheepmunk; 02-10-2011 at 12:36 PM.

07-10-2011
What fresh hell is this.?

Burgundy, I'm already sick of it and it's only October. It's exactly how I felt about camel a year ago, actually I'm still sick of that colour.
Wedge ankle boots. They are everywhere.
Washed denim, often paired with something black.
Visible bras

08-10-2011
scenester

The so-called French Chic basic style.

Short skirt. Cropped skinny trousers. Simple shirts, in blue, white, checkered. White t-shirt, striped t-shirt. Simple sweaters. Oxford boots, Pistol Boots, Dicker Boots. Chucks or brogues. Blazer, leather jacket, trenchcoat, pea coat. Mulberry bag, Chanel bag, Cambridge Satchel.

Mix these things as you please, and ONLY these (might be I've forgotten something).

It's not that I dislike these particular items of clothing (I have a few of them myself, who wouldn't), but that on most blogs you only see these clothes. Nothing else. Only basic stuff. Nothing suprising, nothing special, nothing particularly adorable. Everyone looks the same. It just bores me enourmously.

08-10-2011
front row

Every other post on my tumblr dashboard is a man's (unfathomably expensive) canvas rucksack with leather straps and piping detail. I like them, but I am sick to death of seeing them this week.

It's either that or cafe tables & cups of coffee, which aren't exactly clothing, but do not doubt the significance, hahahaaar!

09-10-2011
front row

these are just clones invaders coming from alexa chung's galaxy

10-10-2011
trendsetter

Thigh high boots. They look so dated and past trend now.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 2010, 2014, november, september, sick, trends