How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-05-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubie girl View Post
Peter Pan collars...They are everywhere over here, in all types; plain, embellished, removable...
I have to agree with this one, i wasnt a big fan when it started let alone now

30-05-2012
windowshopping

I currently live in Israel at the moment and although there are some fashionable people, they are rather hard to find.
Pretty much every girl here looks the same! They all wear (unflatteringly) high waisted shorts, leggings or skinny jeans, etc, and then tuck their tops into them. It just looks so bad.
I'm not sure if this trend has hit other countries yet but it is certainly popular here.

30-05-2012
tfs star

I've gotten tired of leggings and tights. And in my time on tFS, I've disliked certain things most mainstream types are fully in love with. I don't care what anyone thinks, but patterened sheer tights just aren't pleasing to me. Some sheer tights have these artistic designs (like hearts on the knees). Another look I've gotten tired of even before this was denim short-shorts with sheer tights or opaque tights. At least in terms of disliking trends, I'd much rather deal with the Jeffrey Campbell "Lita" boots (which I've never really hated) than even see yet another pair of patterened sheer tights, let alone patterened tights with denim shorts.

01-06-2012
rising star

Popular @ my uni (majority style is j.crew. i guess they attempt "preppy" or assume it is if they only wear j.crew lols)...

Guys:
-Salmon colored chino Bermudas
-That typical j.crew style put together sloppy, which doesn't make you stylish all..
-Baseball caps put on backwards

Girls:
-Longchamp-i get that they're durable but boring/annoying when every girl wears one.
-That typical j.crew style again put together poorly, making you look old ladyish/sloppy, -Tory Burch flats
-Hunter boots - sure they're durable not not necessary unless you're going somewhere muddy/outdoorsy or if you're a lumberjack..
-Anything mustache related accessory..

Both:
-Sperry's- yes, they're cute but they are wayy overproduced now. they come in so many hideous patterns/styles, which kills it. Also when ppl. wear them during winter. IMO they should be worn only in warm weather, isn't that the whole point of the whole boat shoes/nautical trend?
-Waferers on ppl. that don't have the features for it
-Hipster glasses on ppl. that don't have the features for it
-iPhones (it's kinda fashion related in a way i guess lols)
-The whole wearing gym attire unless you're actually going to go to the gym (guys- pulling Nike socks up high, girls- lululemon yoga pants)

02-06-2012
backstage pass

Sick and tired of too tight pants and sheer blouses, if only they're in a bygone era already...

02-06-2012
fashion insider

"Neon 90s" - fugly lightblue denim jackets worn with oversize shirts and/or leggings in neon

03-06-2012
windowshopping

I am sick of all trends. Ever. They are just marketing ploys to make people buy more things. How about instead of spending money on trendy clothing you buy something more expensive that will last you longer, is better made, and probably didn't rely on sweatshop labor.

03-06-2012
fashion insider

^I agree, SHLinn. I am so sick of the whole "I-am-my-own-style-icon-so-I-can-just-wear-whatever-I-find-in-a-shop-or-thrift" / hipster look. What ever happened to the classic pieces? I want to be bale to look at pictures of myself when I am old and not cringe...

Quote:
-Waferers on ppl. that don't have the features for it
ViaSarah - What features do you consider to suit these sunglasses? I have been looking for a guide to who can pull them of and who can't for a long time, and I would really appreciate your input

Last edited by eizhowa; 03-06-2012 at 06:05 PM. Reason: More to say

17-06-2012
front row

High-waisted shorts paired with combat boots. Ugh. Will you stop!!!

30-06-2012
tfs star

More than minimalism, which I think can easily veer into being a little too severe for my own taste, I'm actually even sicker of quotes about minimalism.
And it's not a trend, but I tire of people trying to impose their own personal taste on everyone else. If you don't like something, then don't wear it. Problem solved. That's why I don't actually wear things I think look too severe or sporty or anything that doesn't suit me.

01-07-2012
blink once. blink twice.

Asymmetrical skirts.

01-07-2012
backstage pass

I am hating Vans at the moment......they are everywhere on teenage girls in england!

03-07-2012
fashion insider

Too short shorts.

08-07-2012
V.I.P.

I used to really love this trend, but I'm so sick of stripes lately. Also, pleated shorts should just go away!

Last edited by Nils; 08-07-2012 at 04:46 PM.

09-07-2012
rising star

^Pleated shorts sound awful.

I'm sick of lace everything. It's everywhere and it's not even quality.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 2010, 2014, november, september, sick, trends