How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphette View Post
I am tired of seeing celebrities and wannabees wearing coats draped over their shoulders like a cape and not a proper coat.
I actually love when someone does that, it makes me think of proper old school ladies. The kind who don't own a single pair of denim, have a maid and driver and all that. It is kinda glam.

06-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphette View Post
I am tired of seeing celebrities and wannabees wearing coats draped over their shoulders like a cape and not a proper coat.
I do that sometimes, mostly when I'm sitting, removed my coat, get cold and don't want to go through the hassle of putting the coat on again... I've been doing that for years now.

09-02-2013
fashion insider

Barbaraaa: I don't think anyone will give you looks because you use your coat as a blanket/shrug to keep warm. What is ridiculus is when people leave their house all dolled-up and ready to have their picture taken, with the coat perched on their shoulders instead of on their back. Victoria Beckham springs to mind...

And why can't she use the handles on her hand(!)bags (read: not clutches)? Are they of such terrible quality they will snap?

(source: daily mail)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg article-2275579-174A43A9000005DC-142_634x890.jpg (166.8 KB, 10 views)

09-02-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaraaa View Post
I do that sometimes, mostly when I'm sitting, removed my coat, get cold and don't want to go through the hassle of putting the coat on again... I've been doing that for years now.
I think that's absolutely fine! It does bother me, however, when people are outside in the cold and they refuse to button or zip up for the trend. Coats work best when closed! But I guess one can't be beautiful without pain!

09-02-2013
fashion elite

so sick of leather overload, it's been like four years nonstop pushing, and it has to be banned for the moment. I neeeed to take a break from it.

09-02-2013
tfs star

short, ripped denim shorts. It's not summer. It's not the 80's. You just look stupid.
And denim jackets.
And basically anything people at tumblr tag as 'soft grunge' and think they are original.
And infinity tattoos, probably more than a half of the 17-year-old blogger population have one.

And so sick of the already mentioned messy top knot! It seems to be the most popular hairdo I see these days. And because it's winter and people have to wear hats and the knot becomes even messier and looks like a bird nest.

I don't know if you can really call this a trend, but it seems like all the men at my university don't shave under their chin and end up looking like they have some kind of a skin disease. Though when I complained about this to my brother he just said 'it's not that easy you know. And besides they probably think it makes them look more grown up'.

10-02-2013
tfs star

To Darling Myy's point, I especially dislike this look with tights underneath, as if one can't wait for the warm weather times to go out in their favorite jean shorts. Denim jean short shorts with tights underneath is a look I still have vicious dislike for. Tights and shorts look better when NOT wearing any jean shorts of any kind. The shorts will have to be you know... wool, linen, even leather shorts.

Always remember- you are NOT going to win any argument about any '80s or seriously grungy outfits if you're against such looks. Fight the fight all you want, but many of these looks so disliked are not going away any time soon, sadly.

19-02-2013
trendsetter

Really long, pointy, painted finger nails {ala Rihanna, Fergie, et al} on ordinary, non-celebrity people. I just can't.

19-02-2013
fashion insider

^As a person with very long, natural, fast growing nails, and a chronic Rita Hayworth obsession, I will choose to ignore last remark Angelica

I will agree that sharp claws are horrible.

Last edited by eizhowa; 19-02-2013 at 08:36 PM.

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

^^ANIMAL PRINTS - the whole "Zoo-palette" which is shown - i hate it even now

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

I AM SICK OF FUR!

I don't mind a little bit of it, but the amount on the F/W 2013 runways is obscene. It's not just "full" fur coats either; there is trim on nearly everything. It is everywhere!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
I AM SICK OF FUR!

I don't mind a little bit of it, but the amount on the F/W 2013 runways is obscene. It's not just "full" fur coats either; there is trim on nearly everything. It is everywhere!
^^^1000% Agreement - Who wears fur, carries the death

21-02-2013
V.I.P.

I usually don't have an issue with fur, but the runways are rife with it this year. It's insane. Fur gloves, fur coats, fur dresses, fur hotpants....it's a bit excessive.

21-02-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelica View Post
Really long, pointy, painted finger nails {ala Rihanna, Fergie, et al} on ordinary, non-celebrity people. I just can't.
Why is it aesthetically acceptable on celebs?

21-02-2013
earthbound

leopard print
wedge sneakers
most things chanel (fashion-wise, because the makeup is quite good)
frayed denim shorts
leather sleeved army jackets
high low skirts
cross prints, skull prints
sweaters with animal faces... tigers, polar bears, cats. i love animals but this is so unoriginal.
fur vests worn with skinny black leather pants

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 2010, 2014, november, september, sick, trends