How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-02-2011
scenester

the indie trend! like what at least 1/2 the people posting on lookbook are, and the whole buying of clothes for minimum $100 that are made to look super old, tenth-hand and worn. it was ok when only a few girls in my city wore it but now they're outnumbering the leggings and oversized cropped sweatshirt girls. not a good sign.

01-02-2011
trendsetter

* over the knee boots - too pirate looking.

01-02-2011
windowshopping

I'm the only person, but TOMS. Every girl at my school tells me "It's a great cause" and "It's so fashionable!" But I donate everyday-in different ways, and I don't want my feet to stink. Thank you.

01-02-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom27 View Post
the indie trend! like what at least 1/2 the people posting on lookbook are, and the whole buying of clothes for minimum $100 that are made to look super old, tenth-hand and worn. it was ok when only a few girls in my city wore it but now they're outnumbering the leggings and oversized cropped sweatshirt girls. not a good sign.
brilliant.

02-02-2011
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegalyn View Post
high platform shoes like Jeffrey Campbell's "Lita".

Seriousely, all those blogger pictures with platforms about +/-10cm, they probably don't need to walk to the metro/office/train station every day.
Don't even start to think about how one can drive with those on...
Agreed! They are such ugly shoes too. No doubt there will be a pile of them at your local charity shop soon!

02-02-2011
front row

Bug-eyed sunglasses. I hate them, they look stupid on all but a select few, and yet everyone persists in wearing them. Stop, people. Just stop.

02-02-2011
tfs star

I actually like the "Lita" Jeffrey Campbell shoes. Though I'm not really into lace-up boots, at least I'd rather see these than... some other shoe I've famously ripped on tFS (gladiator sandals, for example). They're maybe the most popular "it" lace-ups since the Acne Atacoma boots. At least I (if I were a femme) would rather wear those Lita boots than the over-the-knee atrocities I still have yet to find even remotely stylish...

02-02-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom27 View Post

AGREE!
indie. hipster. eh
and everybody looks the same.
nobody looks unique anymore.

03-02-2011
trendsetter

The colour taupe. I loved it for a quite a long term, but got so sick of it. And it's everywhere.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)

04-02-2011
front row

prescription-less glasses. WHY do people think it's cool to just wear the frame? makes me so mad.

also, not sure if it's just a canadian thing, but i'm also sick of seeing groups of teenagers wearing the same canada goose jacket. is it new gangsta wear?

06-02-2011
tfs star

Ugh I remember people made fun of my glasses that I had to get in second grade then all the popular girls in hs were wearing faux glasses..so dumb. Although it's not a global trend, I'm kinda sick of the prada fur stoles. Enough already fashion insiders..wear something not everyone else is wearing regardless of how great it is

07-02-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nylonbits View Post
prescription-less glasses. WHY do people think it's cool to just wear the frame? makes me so mad.
OMG I was just thinking about how disgusting this trend is and was about to make a post out of it but voila you already spoke my mind!

07-02-2011
windowshopping

i can't stand seeing Uggs all around me!

07-02-2011
V.I.P.

The JC lita shoes were cute in taupe and black but tapestry, glitter and now SHAG (?wtf?!?!) just need to. go. away.

08-02-2011
Confused & Bewildered

I'll never understand this:

rustylime.com, 90s411.com, therightperspective.org

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, 2010, 2014, november, september, sick, trends