How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-08-2007
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casius View Post
Yea, I'm a 45 too (hoping anyway, as I'm an 11 in cons and 12 in most other shoes). Ima go try some on this weekend hopefully. Really want the all black velcro joints.
yeah i like the black holo velcro joints they got at A, yo tell me what size fits best thx man.

17-08-2007
teenage dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
For me, the idea of velcro vs laces on shoes is like comparing zips to buttons on clothes - in both cases, the first is fast and furious, while the latter is the classic, old-fashioned way to do things.

I find laces look very untidy - I have to tuck mine away inside the shoe, as I can't abide the 'string' hanging - and they have a tendency to come undone while you're walking down the street, forcing you to pull some stupid crouching pose in front of others while you sort yourself out.
Good analogy. And in both instances, I seem to like the 'fast and furious' way to do things. (I absolutely HATE buttons in pants.) So, it's only right that I like Velcro shoes more.

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by carioca View Post
some velcro shoes remind me of orthopedic shoes. but i've seen some pretty nice ones. the velcro craze hasn't hit my area yet, so perhaps it's only those Londoners [perhaps it has something to do with the rain and shoe laces getting soaked...i hate that]

it's a Puma slip-on, but has a velcro strap [not sure what it's function is though]

this one is ok too
i have those puma ones, in the boot form. its a fake strap, its inspired by a rubber band or something, just looks like velcro, or duct tape, depends who you ask.

17-01-2008
tfs star

True story... I didn't learn how to tie my shoes until I was about 13. What was I wearing for a good portion of my life? Velcro shoes. The ease of slipping on Vans-style slip-on sneakers could probably trigger a return of velcro shoes. Most people are more like, "they are soooo '90s." Yeah, like leggings under skirts is the best thing since sliced bread. I'm more used to two straps rather than these three-strap velcro sneakers. Some would probably argue that the shoes aren't real stylish and clean even if you're wearing some big jeans covering the velcro straps.

I'm not as opposed to velcro straps because I've worn them myself. I'm sure fashion designers and media types will find any sort of way to make the '90s as overrated as the '80s, especially the early 1990s. So I wouldn't be surprised to see some fashion travesties of justice unfold along with velcro shoes.

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by gius View Post
dior homme

eluxury
:w oot:
I JUST HAD AN ORGASM!!!!

I WANT THOSE NOW!

Velcro is so...fresh to me...i must find some.

17-01-2008
More Old Skool Than You

I think Vans actually started this a little over a year or so ago. I remember them releasing the Velcro Vans to the public, which were a design used for the California prison system for high risk prisoners. You can't kill someone or yourself with Velcro right?

http://shop.vans.com/webapp/wcs/stor...0101_301626_-1

windowshopping

velcro is pure amazingness. and you know this mr. parto, for i have told you multiple times.

31-03-2008
windowshopping

No no, no no no!
Velcro is only for those who are under 5 and over 80.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
shoes, velcro