How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-01-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring_Fever
I agree trucker hats are brutal, somebody should tell Britney, I don't think she knows..
I dont think britney ever had any sence of style... every time I see a non press photo of her, like basic snapshots she always has trucker hats on..

07-01-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galliano guy
Anything with a slogon written on it such as too busy to FCUK this has been a major trend in the uk for years now and its time to stop!
I cannot stand a person when they have one of those shirts. "Cool as fcuk".... just awful.

07-01-2005
V.I.P.

I don't think there's a single worst trend of '04. All the aforementioned trends pretty much tie; they all need to go away.

07-01-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
saying the word bling instead of diamond, it sounds stupid and trashy IMO
You're right, it's trashy; but it does serves to differentiate between those tasteful posts you inherited from your grandmother and whatever Paris Hilton leaves on the bathroom sink when she's drunk. [Hah -"WHEN she's drunk" - a little superfluous, eh?]. I mean, as a word - it serves a purpose. WHE i want to talk about bad taste, I use "bling".

08-01-2005
front row

ponchos... horrible horrible things... and von dutch and fake lvs.. but I pop my collar on my polos, but I've been doing it since I was little so...

08-01-2005
front row

UGGS!!
Juicy Couture track suits!

08-01-2005
rising star

Definitely the counterfeit bags!

08-01-2005
yes

the white trash look and the ghetto fabulous look

both equally awful

09-01-2005
trendsetter

I second that.

09-01-2005
front row

Now it's summer those awfl frilly cheerleader skirts, truckers caps and people putting the collars on their polos up....I really hate that. But hey, I'm only ranting, I actually appreciate diversity believe it or not, it's just that I'd never wear anything like not. Nope, not for me!

09-01-2005
front row

Where I live Uggs (hardly ever the real ones, btw) and Von Dutch have just started to appear on people. So I'm basically surronded by people wearing Von Dutch hats/t-shirts/whatever and really cheap-looking fake Uggs.
I went to a store that sells these things and the salespeople were beyond excited of the Ugg rip-offs they tried to sell me, saying things like, "these are the hottest things in the world right now".

So Uggs and Von Dutch were the worst trends. Sadly, they're not "out" yet over here.

09-01-2005
trendsetter

Ok, I can just about take Uggs.

What really got me though was when people started to wear baby pink Uggs with denim mini-skirts.

Teeny-bopper, Britney-wannabes depress me. Especially when they insist its fashion.

09-01-2005
front row

Brunettes. Has anyone noticed the big trend to dye your hair brunette lately? Personally, I think that if you're a blonde, and can pull of being a blonde, stay blonde.

Em

09-01-2005
rising star

AH. I concur with that statement of the absurdity of seeing little girls as young as 6 or 7 wearing things that say "hottie" and whatnot on their asses. Today I was in Tallulah G. and there was this little girl holding her mom's hand, she was probably 5 and her white terry cloth skirt said "Juicy Land" over her butt!! What is up with that?! Obviously her mom had to buy it for her, I hope it was all in good humor because that is pretty disgusting...actually no, it's just disgusting no matter what.

09-01-2005
windowshopping

Ponchos! Especially the ones that come to a point right at your crotch (what my friends and I call "crotch arrow"). Honestly, why would you want to draw attention to that part of your body?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, trend, worst