How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Trend Spotting
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-01-2005
living in the sprawl

I Change My Vote To Von Dutch... No Wait................ponchos!!

10-01-2005
living in the sprawl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonpoppy
Ponchos! Especially the ones that come to a point right at your crotch (what my friends and I call "crotch arrow"). Honestly, why would you want to draw attention to that part of your body?

10-01-2005
front row

even though its still kind of a trend...
Tucking jeans into Ugg boots!!! UGH and done soo tackily, like flared jeans that are desperately tried to be tucked in.

10-01-2005
backstage pass

I just pick a whole outfit: A VonDutch cap, a white baby shirt (preferably with something like 'Superstar' on it that shows your tummy with a diamante piercing, a denim skirt and Uggs. Together with a tacky pink lip gloss. I still see those on the streets! We call them the Tacky Clones.

10-01-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless
Now it's summer those awfl frilly cheerleader skirts, truckers caps and people putting the collars on their polos up....I really hate that. But hey, I'm only ranting, I actually appreciate diversity believe it or not, it's just that I'd never wear anything like not. Nope, not for me!
Sorry to tell you but "Collars Up" is never going away. I guess it became a trend but people have been doing that for years. Just like some people always wear their hat to the side or backwards.

Everything else I agree with especially those stupid skirts

10-01-2005
front row

Seriously, about those Juicy suits...you could get the same damn thing at Kmart for $20 on clearance....no, really...and you wouldn't be ripping off Juicy...

I really really hate those ladies and how they seem to think they invented the velour tracksuit, or somehow cam up with an ingenius way to create "the perfect velour tracksuit". WTF? I saw them on Oprah. They bug me.

Em

10-01-2005
gromosexual

wasnt the juicy thing from 2003? at any rate, yeah theyre gross

my vote for worst trend of 2004 definitely goes to Uggs. Sad that I'd choose mukluks over them... at least you can rip the fur off and use it for something else.

Another trend I hated that I noticed this year more than ever, was when the wrong guy wore slim-fitting jeans with a lower than average rise......... let's just say that they aren't for everyone.

10-01-2005
windowshopping

one word: ponchos

10-01-2005
front row

i agree with von dutch, lv bags etc

10-01-2005
backstage pass

-ponchos
-uggs
-LV bags...real OR fake
-anything juicy couture
-von dutch
-jelly bags
-legwarmers w/flip flops

10-01-2005
windowshopping

Von Dutch, Uggs, and the knee high socks that are scrunched down.. look like leg warmers

10-01-2005
zzz
scenester

I hate the cheerleader skirt as well. But what's wrong with roll bags? I thought they are cute.

11-01-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzz
I hate the cheerleader skirt as well. But what's wrong with roll bags? I thought they are cute.

We all have different tastes. I happen to enjoy UGG style boots immensely, and I shop at Kmart. :p

Em

11-01-2005
backstage pass

I agree with most everything everyone said.

Trends leftover from 2003: UGGs (and then they made them bubblegum pink, and created hoodies, minis, ponchos--and I had thought it couldn't get any worse!!), juicy tracksuits (hell, Juicy Couture anything, it's all cheap and tacky, and those two ladies need to learn that it's no longer cute to wear flippy minis and bright orange tank tops when you're 45. You can still look sexy and age appropriate at 45, but trying to look like you're 17 doesn't fall into that category), Von Dutch anything. And initial bags, and jelly bags. And MOST OF ALL, KNOCKOFF BAGS. Especially LV knockoffs, ESPECIALLY LV Murakami knockoffs. Just disgusting how they were and still are, though thank the lord not so much now, EVERYWHERE, in the hands of everyone ages 7-90. Ugh.

-Ponchos are horrible (the more acrylic in the blend, the worse. UGH.)

-People paying $170 for destroyed jeans, which are STILL being sold full price, hope this dies soon! I don't care if it took six hours for them to hand-rip those jeans, it looks bad and you can go fall on your knees and skid around for free and have a lot more fun doing it. Now I'm all for paying $170 for a good, ultra-comfy pair of jeans that has a great, not-tacky hand fading and well-placed pockets and careful seams, but they're a different story.

-Ruffled tiered minis got way too annoying this summer.

-Mukluks.

-The color pink in general. I used to really like pink, but it got SO OVERDONE and now it just hurts my eyes. I'm bracing for coral, the one last shade of pink I could stand, to have an overkill this spring. Ah...

I liked the ladylike trend, even though it didn't fully materialize. It could have brought a bit more sophistication in this world of people waking up and throwing on baggy sweatpants and sweatshirt, makeup free and hair uncombed. Plus I have always loved bows, satin, lace (which actually did hit in a big way, just the whole ladly like "concept" didn't), ever since I was a tiny young'n, and enjoyed the plethora of clothes available with it this season, though it's kind of losing its magic now that it's everywhere. I'm such a girl, I can't help it.

And I like roll bags, too.

Last edited by shopsmuch; 11-01-2005 at 05:29 PM.

16-01-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullfrontal
Sorry to tell you but "Collars Up" is never going away. I guess it became a trend but people have been doing that for years. Just like some people always wear their hat to the side or backwards.

Everything else I agree with especially those stupid skirts
Oh, I know, there always has and always will be people who do it, but at the moment, it is most definetly a trend....every.single.damn.person
I wont worry about it too much yet, as this trend too shall pass, and I would have to be very very unlucky to be a person who's eyes are assulted with this sight every again.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2004, trend, worst