How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-05-2005
backstage pass

'100 Most Beautiful Women Poll' by H&Q
H&Q=Harpers and Queens magazine

http://www.sky.com/showbiz/article/0...183862,00.html
I dont know who makes up the rest of the list

Personaly think that Adriana Lima and Isabella Fontana should have been in the top25.

Others such as JLo, Christina Milian, Amerie, Diane Kruger, Kate Bosworth, Holly Valance, Eva Longoria, Charlize Theron, Delta Goodrem, brunettes such as Natalie Imbruglia, Keira Knightley, Eva Green and Kelly Brook should have made the top 25.

Some pics:
Ash Rai

Jennifer Connelly

Dita Von Teese

Sofia Coppola

Nigella Lawson

31-05-2005
front row

yay cate!

31-05-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Sofia... that's a surprise.

Interesting list... Glad Gwen's up there.

31-05-2005
fashion insider

Yeah, that list is kind of lame. But yea for the brunettes! Good to see Jennifer Connelly in there.

V.I.P.

I find these kind of lists stupid you don't need someone to print your name on a list in order to know that you are good looking and doing so only makes other celebs feel bad. I find it shallow don't these journalists have anything better to do with their time?

fashion elite

Sofia Coppola?

Who voted?

front row

These lists are pretty much all 100% fluff.

fashion icon

I think Nigella Lawson is stunning. I also love her curvy figure. She has a perfect hour glass shape.

I'm however a bit disappointed that Monica Belucci did not make it to the top 25.

31-05-2005
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastic'sWife
Sofia Coppola?

Who voted?
I was thinking the same thing. Having Sofia Coppola and Sophie Dahl on the list has convinced me that some of the judges are blind.

31-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
I was thinking the same thing. Having Sofia Coppola and Sophie Dahl on the list has convinced me that some of the judges are blind.
Geesh thankyou -I never even realised they were meant to be remotely attractive let alone beautiful. I have to say Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Connelly are in my top 5 but what about the other three, Monica Bellucci, Waris Dirie and that great great French beauty Isabelle Adjani. If this is meant to be about current big name celebs then at least Monica should have been on.

Secondly this thing about blondes/brunettes is rubbish!

In defence of the blondes: Obviously there are far more beautiful brunettes than blondes... there are far more natural brunettes than blondes in the world, simple as that. Saying that there are more beautiful brunettes than blondes is like saying that there are more beautiful Americans that Brits. Yes its very true but there is a larger pool to choose from. We'll have to ignore ya know... inbreeding (Hey I'm a Brit -I can say it!)

On the last note, I read an article somewhere that the human race in this global village we live in is ending up brunette with cafe au lait skin tone. It is because when you mix all the extremes, you end up with an average. Since beauty is about regularised ratios, maybe that is why there aren't that many (natural) blonde beauties I can think of (my list of 100 women consists of only seven including Winona Ryder, Amber Valletta, Ali Larter and Grace Kelly... there are even less blonde men. Oh and yes I am incredibly sad when it comes to beauty....). Isn't blonde a recessive gene meaning that you cant get two families of that far apart an ethnicity producing a blonde child. We all know that chances are a half Swedish, half Jamaican child will be a stunner. Does anyone know if my theory makes sense? Any biologists in da house?

My one and only rant in defence of the blondes ended up being a rather pro-brunette rant didn't it? What can I say, I am a militant brunette at the end of the day

31-05-2005
V.I.P.

Lists/polls like these are all bullsh*t.

31-05-2005
Cinematic Vision

I know this is horrible but I don't get what people see in Ash Rai. I don't think she is beautiful at all.

31-05-2005
Cinematic Vision

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess
Lists/polls like these are all bullsh*t.
especially when they come from Skynew.co.uk Mind you, it does have some great pic's and good set's of pics that I always post.

31-05-2005
mmmmmm...fashion....

sofia coppala- i mean really...

31-05-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelineChic
I think Nigella Lawson is stunning. I also love her curvy figure. She has a perfect hour glass shape.
Me too! She's gorgeous and her skin, like peaches and cream.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
100, beautiful, handq, poll, women