Is 40 the new 30? - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
22-09-2005
front row

Is 40 the new 30?
When it comes to age, is 40-something now the new 30-something, cause it seems that these days many big stars are in their 40's and they look amazing.
I think "Sex and the City" made a big difference that it wasn't that awful to be in your 30's.
Look at the stars at the moment, for example

Teri Hatcher, 40
She looks amazing and she's in very popular tv-show at the moment

Linda Evangelista, 40
Looks better than ever.

Madonna, 47
She looks amazing and has still top singles and albums
and was s/s2005 face for Vercase

So what do you think about these "older" stars? Do you like them, why? Should they already get off from the spotlight and give room for younger stars, why?

rising star

I like to see actresses, actors, singers and other entertainers of all ages. Focusing on only the young (or only 40-somethings) seems silly to me.

That said, I welcome the focus on older actresses, as women have traditionally been "invisible" in the entertainment industry once they get a bit older, at least in the U.S.

22-09-2005
flaunt the imperfection

well...there are also a lot of new surgical procedures that can help actors stay looking younger these days...

>>>

22-09-2005
|/mirror queen\|

40 is the new 30 thanks to plstic surgery procedures, the women you posted all look younger because of that.
So if age doesnīt matter but looks do i think that itīs no valid...

scenester

it's such a good point and this new phychology is useful for americans who seem to have an obsession with running after youth. i am only 19 and i'm terrified to think that i will be 30 in about 10 years, but things like this can definetely change people's minds.

22-09-2005
|/mirror queen\|

Iīm 30 and i look 20 something, and i really think that if you take after yourself (and i donīt mean "do nothing and sleep" :p) in your 30īs you will look like 20 something too!

Besides, most of the celebreties, like Paris, Nicole, etc, donīt look at all like they are in their twenties!!! I am still amazed when i read about their ages because if someone would ask i would say they were in their 30īs! Honest!

Last edited by sofialuv; 22-09-2005 at 05:13 PM.
22-09-2005
front row

No its not. 40 is 40. Teri looks good because she was airbrushed to hell and back there

22-09-2005
front row

Well sorry if I picked the ones who has have plastic surgery, but what I'm thinking is that why don't those older stars have any good movie roles anymore? What is this big thing about being young?
I'm happy that Christie Brinkley, who is 51 is signed for CoverGirl again.

#Resist

Nora Ephron has an article about "maintenance" in the new issue of O Magazine, and she says the biggest factor is ... hair dye. Hardly anyone goes grey anymore. She even quotes numbers about how few women dyed their hair in the 50s vs now (7% or something back then).

I think part of it's effort, part of it's attitude, definitely part of it is injections and surgical intervention, but at a certain point, Mother Nature has her say. My mother is in her 60s, and just recently she has started to show her age. At a certain point, you run the risk of looking plasticky like Joan Rivers, feral like Jacqueline Wildenstein, or skeletal like Helen Gurley Brown And I believe all of them look surprised. I would be too if I looked in the mirror & saw that I do believe I'd rather look old.

And I think some people have seen the light about sun damage, smoking, etc.--either of those will add 10 years minimum.

22-09-2005
Fashionably Late

40 year olds have the means to look good for their age and healthy, but they cannot keep up with the 20 year olds who also have more available products, potions and tools to look hot. The good news is that is no longer considered over the hill to be 40. You can still be a sexpot. Thank you, Kim Cattrall. Thank you Demi Moore. Thank you Michelle Pfeiffer.

23-09-2005
The mod squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofialuv
40 is the new 30 thanks to plstic surgery procedures, the women you posted all look younger because of that.
So if age doesnīt matter but looks do i think that itīs no valid...
Exactly

urd
tfs star

^true

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
30, 40