Adrien Brody - Page 13 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
01-01-2006
tfs star

some people have mentioned the kissing thing:
Halle Kiss Driving Adrien Brody Bananas
Canoe.ca
NEW YORK -- Not that he's complaining, but Adrien Brody wants you to know that, in his case at least, winning a Best Actor Oscar has its minor downsides.

For starters, there was that surprise "dip-and-kiss" he gave Halle Berry on live TV in front of hundreds of millions of people after he won for The Pianist.

"Y'know, it was a one-off thing, and it's become a running gag," says Brody, who plays the human male love interest Jack Driscoll in Peter Jackson's megabuck FX extravaganza King Kong.

"It's not necessarily the most beautiful woman in the room. The guy who's a talk show host will want me to do it to him or they do it to me. I was asked on Access Hollywood, 'So, did you kiss King Kong like you kissed Halle?' I said, 'That's in the sequel.'"

There was also the sudden attention given to a guy who'd never attracted the interest of paparazzi. "It appeared that I was everywhere, because they took my picture everywhere I went. I'd go out and all of a sudden it looked like, man, I'm living it up, I'm a man about town.

"I think some people love the attention, and it fulfills them in some way. But it's never been my agenda."

A likely "giant ape" of a blockbuster, King Kong is unlikely to lower Brody's profile. But it does address another aspect of his Oscar win for playing a Jewish concert pianist in Roman Polanski's The Pianist. "There's this idea that I am this emaciated Polish actor. I'm serious, people come up and say where are you from, London?" (In fact, Brody, the son of photographer Sylvia Plachy, was raised in Queens, N.Y.). It's miraculous how much The Pianist was embraced by the world, by Hollywood. But it is still, I think, looked at as a foreign film.

"I think people somehow cannot get that I am an American actor. I embody America. I love cars, I love motorcycles."

So here he is as action man. Jackson's King Kong more or less follows the plot of the original with the original characters. One step ahead of the cops, scoundrel producer Carl Denham (Jack Black) fairly kidnaps his cast and crew -- including starlet Ann Darrow (Naomi Watts) and scriptwriter Jack Driscoll -- and sets sail to film a legendary ape-monster on a mysterious island. The smitten Driscoll takes his life in his hands, dealing with dinosaurs, giant insects and eventually King Kong himself, en route to saving Ann and switching the scene to New York where you know what happens next.

"It is a love triangle in a way. It is also the type of role I'm attracted to, a guy who is thrust into circumstances beyond his control, out of his element and having to survive. It was very important for Peter to make New York a kind of oppressive jungle, so that Kong was out of place just like I would be in his jungle -- a young man trying to save my girlfirend from a gorilla.

"I think it proves I can hold my own in a big studio movie, and I can play a leading man without making him a stereotypical leading man. We can be sensitive human beings in this world and be tough guys too," says Brody, whose next role, in the movie Manolete, has him playing a bullfighter.

All well and good, except people may think he's Spanish.
for more info go to
Adrien-Brody.Info, very good site

01-01-2006
Cinematic Vision

^
Thanks for the article

01-01-2006
V.I.P.

^^thankyou

02-01-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonchic
from my pc.. Asia Argento & Adrien Brody
thank you Bonchic for the pic!

windowshopping

Love Him

03-01-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
All well and good, except people may think he's Spanish.
I just don't get this line.

I watched King Kong yesterday and he was the only thing I liked, gosh I am not the kind of girl who likes monsters and dinasours and all that sort of disgusting creatures.
I enjoyed the beginning, Nao very cute and lovely,Jack perfect for the role and Adrien suited the "stage writter "quite well. There again, the 2 hours in the middle with the monsters,that annoying gorilla and Nao wanting to stay with him forever and ever. Who on earth prefers a gorilla over Adrien Brody? For Christ sake that was making me mad.
Ending was quite good too, New York was simply amazing with the lights and the retro look, then again Nao at the Empire State going higher was making me so nervous. I think I've got somekindvertigo after King Kong.
And there was so little romance, that's why I went to watch the movie and nothing, all time the gorilla and that was it.

Cinematic Vision

^

I think thats its a film where you love or hate it. I loved it to be honest. . .

03-01-2006
fashion elite

Did you?
Oh I really I admire you for cause to me it was such a nightmare, me waiting all time for Adrien to appear or at least Jack or even the Jimmy but all I got was the monkey.
I must say that the cinematography was excellent and everything from the costumes-sets-performances. I think they did a really good job with the lightning cause Naomi was always gorgeous no matter what take and of course special effects were good.
The only thing that was driving me mad was that Adrien-Nao had little screen time together(I wanted them to look like this old Hollywood couples!) and her wig,gosh that was so fake!

windowshopping

Guys, sadly you are right. While I loved the movie...I am sorry but Kong, you may be King, but you aint that hot...so be a doll and move over and let Jack FINALLY get some real action to quench our Adrien Brody thirsts...

fashion icon

Haven't had my Adrien Brody fix in quite some time..... Thanks for all the pictures you guys!! He has such a nicely chiselled jaw..... And i cannot get over how amazing he looks in a suit!! I love a man that looks fine in a suit!!

Cinematic Vision

It's great to see this thread again!!
Did anyone see him on Punk'd he was so calm. . .

04-01-2006
tfs star

omg omg omg
TFS IS BACK!!!
AND SO IS ADRIEN
I HAVE PICS TO POST PEOPLE
and i also want to comment on everyone's posts
and i need to write for you about bread and roses
WHAT A GREAT MOVIE!!

04-01-2006
Cinematic Vision

Quote: