Alexa Chung - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
09-02-2017
V.I.P.

Alexa Chung attends the Noon By Noor fashion show during, New York Fashion Week: The Shows at Gallery 3, Skylight Clarkson Sq on February 9, 2017 in New York City.

zimbio

fashion icon

Derek Blasberg and Alexa Chung attend the Calvin Klein Collection Front Row during New York Fashion Week on February 10, 2017 in New York City.

zimbio.com

11-02-2017
fashion icon

hawtcelebs.com

12-02-2017
V.I.P.

^ Why in the hell is she wearing that sweater on her shoulders.

And the tennis shoes with a suit look isn't any better.

She tries way too hard, and the thing that made her used to be cool was her nonchalance and ability to make high street look expensive.

12-02-2017
V.I.P.

gettyimages. com, zimbio.com

13-02-2017
V.I.P.

gettyimages. com, zimbio.com

V.I.P.

Alexa Chung attends the Proenza Schouler collection during, New York Fashion Week: The Shows on February 13, 2017 in New York City.

zimbio

V.I.P.

i like that strapless white dress with the leopard print coat over it, and also the big belt on that print dress: kind of retro/cute.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
15-02-2017
V.I.P.

voguerunway.com

fashion icon

Alexa Chung attends the J.W.Anderson show during the London Fashion Week February 2017 collections on February 18, 2017 in London, England.

zimbio.com

19-02-2017
V.I.P.

vogue

V.I.P.

Alexa Chung attends the Erdem show during the London Fashion Week February 2017 collections on February 20, 2017 in London, England.

zimbio

V.I.P.

There was an interesting story in the nytimes today about the backer behind her new fashion line. the line will now come out in may not july. prices quoted seem to be higher also.

you can read the story here.

an excerpt:
Quote:
This May, Ms. Chung’s first collection will arrive at stores, including Bergdorf Goodman in New York and MatchesFashion in London. It will be priced according to what Mr. Bodson described as the “high contemporary” category, from $100 to $120 for a T-shirt, and $800 to $1,500 for a sequined dress or jacket.

The pieces will be, he said, “close to what people expect” — that is, garments in line with Ms. Chung’s signature style. So anticipate a tea dress or two, some constructed jackets and a helping of skinny denim. To coincide with the introduction, Ms. Chung will host an event that Mr. Bodson described as a kind of fashion show, but not restricted to industry members and media.

tfs star

I wouldn't have thought Chung could command such a high price point, she's not exactly revolutionary

21-02-2017
fashion icon

Quote:
When it comes to Alexa Chung’s style, observers tend to throw around terms like “superpower.” The London It girl, after all, is able to make even the most off-kilter ensembles eye-pleasing, setting off countless trends in her wake. But as Chung took to the London streets yesterday, she seemed to suggest one source of inspiration for her sartorial wizardry. While she was sheathed in all of her staples—a cool-girl black-and-brown shearling thrown over her shoulders and a pair of on-trend leopard-print ankle boots on her feet—Chung’s accessory seemed to be channeling a British style icon from another era. Holding tight to a straw tote bag, Chung was unwittingly unearthing Jane Birkin’s signature ’70s boho goddess accessory.

Birkin—who, like Chung, was a huge inspiration for modern liberated female style in her heyday—made the humble handwoven carryall seem as luxurious as the Hermès leather handbag that bore her name. Whether she paired it with a thigh-skimming minidress in Cannes or floor-sweeping denim bell-bottoms at the marché, Birkin’s go-to tote brought a rustic, functional beat to her oft-replicated ensembles, making her the defining bohème bombshell for an entire generation. Chung’s similarly summery accessory game is a style hack worth imitating—and serves as a welcome reminder that warmer climes are just around the bend.
vogue.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alexa, chung