How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-08-2009
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by imogen11 View Post
Never breathes a word about him on Twitter either.

Hey, does anybody know the name of the hair dying technique where colour is applied only to the lengths of the hair and not the roots as Alexa has done? I know there is a name for it but can't recall what it is... thanks in advance!
I seem to remember Alexa saying she asked for "Frosted Tips"

08-08-2009
tfs star

sweetie i can tell you that it's quite easy : i had my hair like that - i lightened them very much on long lenght, later i just had colouring shampoo not farbe so i didn't darked them , later i cut my hair to the bob but it was long after i lightened them so my roots were much darker ( well those "roots" very very long to the ears ) . So pretty much i looked the same.

After reading what i wrote I am sure that nobody will understand my bla-bla talk about hair XD

08-08-2009
Meg
inspired contemplation

We have a thread called Two-tone Hair that discusses the technique that Alexa and others have on their hair

08-08-2009
scenester

omg she is wearing a bodysuit in that pic? it looks nice but id be too scared to wear it....

08-08-2009
V.I.P.

I like how she updates her twitter status and twitter pics quite often :p

Great last few pages of images

08-08-2009
she had boys in her room

Does anyone have scans of the photos from the Times?

08-08-2009
rising star

Since Alexa is affiliated with MTV now, do you think she'll present something at the VMAs? It's going to be in NYC.

08-08-2009
front row

Balayage, that's it! Thanks for your replies everyone, will take a look at the thread you have suggested

09-08-2009
Mat
rising star

Is there a reason why she left one of the biggest shows in the UK (what i've heard) to come here and do a show that I dont think a lot of people watch? I guess its kind of like a TRL substitute since it is live, but that show used to run at 3 pm.

Ive watched her show a few times. Shes cute, kind of dry humor. I dont think a lot of people get it. Especially the 16 year old audience which seem to miss most her punchlines

09-08-2009
front row

Diamond sea I have the times mag but no scanner. I'm sure it'll crop up on her UK publicists website in the next few days

09-08-2009
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat View Post
Is there a reason why she left one of the biggest shows in the UK (what i've heard) to come here and do a show that I dont think a lot of people watch? I guess its kind of like a TRL substitute since it is live, but that show used to run at 3 pm.

Ive watched her show a few times. Shes cute, kind of dry humor. I dont think a lot of people get it. Especially the 16 year old audience which seem to miss most her punchlines
What big show?The only show i can think you're talking about is either Gok Wan's Fashion Fix which she was sacked from or freshly squeezed which wasn't that big considering it was on at 7am in the morning.

09-08-2009
backstage pass

She might mean T4. I would say it's more of a launching pad for careers, like June Sarpong and Vernon Kay. It has a strong youth following, but it isn't really 'the biggest' show. People don't stay there forever, well, apart from Miquita.

09-08-2009
front row

To be honest, I find the latest interview quite boring. Alexa seems to run out of new ideas, she keeps saying almost the same things in all her intervews. And the author kinda compiled diffrent pieces from several articles about Alexa. Not good.

I'm also rather bored with Alexa's denim shorts+ outfits, I prefer her dress-based looks.
But the pictures from the photoshoot are awesome. I also enjoy the buzz about two-toned hair, I was thinking to dye mine in this way.

09-08-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma†t View Post
Is there a reason why she left one of the biggest shows in the UK (what i've heard) to come here and do a show that I dont think a lot of people watch?
I think it's much more riveting to have your own show than just to be a presenter. I guess Alexa has got lots of ambitions. And it was said in the article that the audience of her show has tripled for a month. It may increase by september and keep growing if they invite "the right" guests.

09-08-2009
tfs star

i am sure that if she collect more audience mtv will give her better time.
In my opinion she has great way of interviewing but i guess that no everybody catch it. But i am not sure if it's an issue of audience age or a nationality/cultural difference in general. For me, east european her ironic and cynic humor is perfect.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, alexa, chung, december, june