Alexa Chung (June 2009 - December 2009) - Page 183 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
15-09-2009
windowshopping

not sure about the VMA's outfit. I like it but i think she looks a little akward by the way she stands in it. Its not awful.. just safe!

15-09-2009
tfs star

She looks blonder in #2730---is that just the photo?

15-09-2009
V.I.P.

does anyone remember the id of the booties with the cut-out strips at the front that were posted in this thread a little while ago? i've done a quick search but couldn't track the post down.

15-09-2009
she had boys in her room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bird View Post
I've heard she's going to be at Paris fashion week, but I'm not sure about London
She will be in London too!
Quote:
Alexa Chung may be the toast of TV in the US with her daily live show It’s On With Alexa Chung on MTV, but the stylish star revealed that she has every intention of returning to her Brit roots as soon as the moment is right. Speaking to Grazia at Marc Jacobs’ New York Fashion Week after-party last night, Alexa said she is truly excited to return to her former hometown for London Fashion Week this week. ‘I am looking forward to lots of after-parties, namely the Henry Holland one,’ she told us, while waiting for Lady Gaga to take the sage at Hiro Ballroom in Chelsea. ‘I’m also DJing at Burberry so I’m excited to playing to an English crowd and seeing English people in English fashions.’ And while her Burberry gig is the main reason she is returning to London, Alexa revealed she is looking forward to attending many more shows. ‘I’m looking forward to Luella and Topshop Unique, and I love Charles Anastase,’ she told us. Fittingly, Alexa recently starred in a DKNY campaign, and says that if the opportunity arises, she has a couple of brands she would love to front campaigns for. ‘I would love to be in a campaign for Miu Miu or Chanel because their clothes are really rad, and I wouldn’t mind doing Oxfam again as an ethical fashion initiative.’ Other guests at the party included Alexander Wang, who told us he was 'humbled' at Grazia crowning him King of New York Fashion Week Parties following his gas station soirée on Saturday night. Instead of mingling with the likes of Rachel Zoe and Janet Jackson in the VIP area, the designer happily chilled with the masses. We didn’t think it was possible to love Alexander Wang any more, but now? Officially obsessed.
graziadaily.co.uk

15-09-2009
V.I.P.

I would personally love to see her front a Miu Miu campaign.

15-09-2009
sundaymorning

love the shoes at the vma's, but not so crazy about the dress. her hair and make up are lovely though!

15-09-2009
trendsetter

Really glad to hear she will be hitting London Fashion Week

15-09-2009
trendsetter

Today was Alexa's final show of the season but it will remind next month. My guess is we will be seeing of more of Alexa back in London

15-09-2009
she had boys in her room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondSea View Post
PAPER Magazine 25th Anniversary Issue

cocoperez.com
Some of the inside contents have now been posted at papermag.com.
Photographer: Jiro Schneider
Stylist: Stefan Campbell
Hair: Sarah Potempa for Aussie at The Wall Group
Makeup: Tamah K at See Management using Dior cosmetics

Wears: a dress and shoes by Lanvin, shirt by Julian Louie and belt by Jason Wu

Wears: a dress and belt by Jason Wu, headband by Michael Bastian and shoes by Chanel

Quote:

Born: 11/05/83 In: Winchester Hampshire, U.K. Is: Television host

Alexa Chung is the disarmingly cool host of It's On with Alexa Chung, the daily, live successor to MTV's flagship series TRL, which ended its ten-year run of hormonal mania and product placement last November. A model, journalist and television presenter from London, where she is well-known for shows like Popworld and Frock Me with Henry Holland, Chung is smart in a way that brings to mind former MTV personalities like Kurt Loder and Tabitha Soren, whose uncloseted braininess was front and center during the network's pre-Room Raiders heyday.

At a show taping at MTV's Times Square studio which features Adrian Grenier, Ashley Greene from Twilight, and Kid Cudi, Chung chooses to wear a Meat Is Murder (as in the Smiths) album cover T-shirt, a reference that seems relatively arcane for the Twitter-y in-studio audience. "People always assume that the audience is dumb when they're not," Chung says sweetly and matter-of-factly. "I think the idea of youth TV got shifted and everyone probably assumes that young kids only want to watch **** reality shows when that's not really the case. I think the audience is intelligent and there is definitely the desire to watch something that is a bit indie or irreverent or sarcastic." Her charming, unproduced demeanor, wry asides and inclination to undermine the format make for an almost retro product (even as she's introducing viewer photos of their "Worst Hairdos," submitted on Facebook). "I'm certainly not dumbing myself down for the show," she says. "I guess it's just about making sure that you're not being too much of a smartass about things."

Chung is still acclimating to her new life in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, where a car arrives at 7 a.m. each morning to deliver her back to Times Square. Chung relocated to New York for the MTV project, along with her boyfriend, Arctic Monkeys front man Alex Turner, leaving behind a full-on celebration of Alexa and her youthful accomplishments (magazine covers, constantly), thoroughly British style, gorgeous looks (Chinese father, English mother) and active nightlifing. "I guess in England I'm famous for my social life, as well. I kind of kick around with a crowd that's a bit of a brat-pack situation," she says with a frankness that dismisses the notion that there should be anything precious about fame in the first place. "We all met each other organically, like I met Henry [Holland] when I was nineteen, when I was a model and he was working as an intern at a magazine. And I knew Aggy [Deyn] from when I was the same age and we would see each other on castings. And Pixie [Geldolf] I met when she was fifteen. And all the bands we hang out with, it's just sort of… yeah, it is what it is." And of course it would be disingenuous and off-brand to pretend that notoriety can't be fun. "It means you get sent free things. It's quite nice," Chung says with a laugh.
Chung not only enjoys poly-hyphenate mobility, but the unanimous approval of pop and fashion; in fact, she is very excited about her new contributing editor role at British Vogue. "I'm obsessed with clothes, but I'm more obsessed with aesthetics in general," she says. "I love graphic design and art and photography, and so clothes are just an extension of appreciating an aesthetic." Chung can invoke Vivienne Westwood's manifesto; enjoys publicly re-wearing clothes to debunk the myth and necessity of the limitless celebrity wardrobe; participates in ethically-minded projects like the Fair Trade Federation; and criticizes consumerism in a way that's neither self-conscious nor sensational. "I'm into celebrating fashion, but I'm not into celebrating greed. I don't buy into that whole magazine shtick of the new must-have thing. They're doing the advertisers justice, they don't mean it."
Mark Jacobs

15-09-2009
fashion elite

^lovely

my scans from Grazia [21/09/09]
Sorry cant get to my scanner right now so [bad] photos will have to do for now

15-09-2009
fashion elite

forgot to add this page from Grazia's "cool list"
text reads

The Ambassador
Alexa Chung
We miss Alexa being around town but we are happy her London look [gangly legs + Russell and Bromley Penny Loafers + smock dress] is going down a storm across the pond thanks to her new US hit show "Its On With Alexa Chung".

15-09-2009
rising star

How come us Brits don't get 'Its on with alexa chung' over here? And also, where can I find the one with Trinny and Susannah? Apparently they were a hoot!

15-09-2009
V.I.P.

ugh i really dislike her VMA look...bad dress and too much make-up

15-09-2009
i am not a robot

Since when was she born in Winchester?! I thought she was like from little country town I'd never heard of.

15-09-2009
backstage pass

Yeah, Privett or something, haha.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2009, alexa, chung, december, june