How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Style Spot / Star Style
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-09-2011
V.I.P.

I agree...we all have bad days especially going through a break up...

06-09-2011
fashion insider

well, she had been photographed all morning and went in their for an interview, she maybe just wanted to take a break on looking good and concentrate on the questions.
That article surprised me, and I feel that the writer was buyist... that's just my opinion though

06-09-2011
fashion elite

I have found a bad picture of Alexa! Hurrah -she *is* human after all...

life.com

06-09-2011
fashion insider

Haha, well if you are looking for a bad picture of her, there's always that really unfortunate one where she has a cold sore near her mouth...
Posted via Mobile Device

07-09-2011
she had boys in her room

From the magazine's thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualoptimism View Post
ALEXA
Star: Alexa Chung
Photographer: Angelo Pennetta
Hair: George Northwood
Make-Up: Florrie White

my scans

07-09-2011
fashion elite

^lovely

07-09-2011
earthbound

nytimes.com

Quote:
Print That!
By JANE HERMAN | SEPTEMBER 7, 2011, 2:50 PM

The unofficial mascot for Alexa Chung’s second collection for Madewell has to be the palm tree print, a black-and-gold repeat that shows up mostly on pajama-inspired pieces and looks like a polka dot from a distance. Chung, who wears the print in the line’s new ad and will effectively motivate girls all over the world to go online and buy bits of it — pants, shirt or jersey ice skater dress — by doing so, drew the palm by hand. “I sketch so much in meetings,” she says. “The Madewell team insisted.” In fact, Madewell loves Chung’s scribbles so much that they published a zine called Magaxine full of them. (Copies will be given to the first who buy pieces from the collection, which lands in stores and online on September 22.) “You know me, I’m obsessed with polka dots and Peter pan collars — British things like that — so they’re all in there, too,” Chung says.

08-09-2011
rising star

I want one of those so much!!! Madewell get your act together and sell to the British girls who are literally salivating for the collection! They'd make so much more money...

08-09-2011
rising star

blah blah blah all these magazine articles are all starting to sound the same.

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuellaLuella View Post
The wedges are Maje, idk about the dungarees.
The colour block jumper is Isabel Marant and I think the jeans are Topshop, but not sure :-D
Thank you for the ID on the shoes.

08-09-2011
fashion elite

Alexa Chung: An English rose, with some thorns

Source: metro.us
Quote:
Alexa Chung has become famous for how she looks, rather than her day job as a television personality. She’s got a unique thing going — a tomboy/schoolgirl pluckiness that miraculously manages to look chic and modern, rather than childlike. Not every woman can pull off a Peter Pan collar, knee socks and loafers, but that won’t stop hundreds of thousands from trying. The 28-year-old gives Kate Moss a run for her money as the British export women most want to dress like. Which is where her second collection for Madewell, the popular sister label to J.Crew, comes in. Like the first one, the series of cute, eccentric dresses and separates is largely modeled on Chung’s personal wardrobe.

How do you feel about the “It”-girl label?

At the beginning I was uncomfortable with it. I guess it’s my British way of being wary of celebration as it ultimately precedes a fall. Before, the “It”-girl scene meant people like Paris Hilton. But not anymore. Now, it’s a different vibe. People like Diane Kruger, Elle Fanning and myself. I like to think we wear clothes in an interesting way, and not necessarily have the emphasis on sex. It’s pretty cool.

How do you approach design for the Madewell collection?

I’m designing for myself, rather selfishly. I don’t have a vested interest to make a line that is commercially viable. They’re all clothes that you can chuck on. A lot of my girlfriends are in bands, so I thought about clothes that would look good on the tour bus, onstage and if they stopped for gas at the petrol station.

People are always dissecting your style, but how would you describe it?

I appreciate classic design, it’s classic for a reason — a shirt and blazer is practical, comfortable and never looks dated. Carven is a brand that very much does what I love, a mix of strict mistress and schoolgirl. It’s not overtly sexy, and when you wear it you feel attractive. I’m more inspired by what men wear, people like Keith Richards, Bryan Jones and The Beatles. If I wear a girlie party dress, I prefer wearing it with a briefcase and brogues, though I’m a bit bored of that right now. I sometimes wish I’d been a boy. The more I think about it, the more I think my tomboy side is what I use to assert the fact that I’m not a pushover. I guess I’d call it modern power-dressing.

How much time do you spend on what to wear each day?

The key is: I don’t spend time getting ready in the morning, but I do put a lot of thought into the things I buy. If you know what your style is, it doesn’t matter how you assemble things?— you can just mix and match and it will always look nice.

You split your time between NY and London. What are the biggest differences, in terms of fashion, between the two?

People in England are less afraid to take risks and don’t necessarily follow trends, but instigate them naturally. The British have this eccentric, enchanting and mad heritage. In New York, it’s more mixed and tamed. In England, people indulge in this madness; in the States, people would be like, “Oh my gosh, what is she wearing?!”

You have been a model, a TV presenter and a designer. Which role do you feel most comfortable with?

Before I was on TV, I went to art school; and if I hadn’t become a TV presenter, I would have done design of some sort. It’s more my scene and what I’m most comfortable doing. TV is not something I’m naturally good at, whereas when I’m sketching in the Madewell office, it feels natural and easy. In the U.K., everyone is saying, “Alexa is concentrating on her TV career” — but it’s not that. I need the money. I’m like everyone else, TV is my job. I don’t think of my new TV show as a big return and me trying to reinvigorate my career in the U.S. I make money from doing TV, so I have to do it. Anyway, I’m so hyperactive and such an attention-seeker that I need to do TV to fulfill my need and desire to be listened to. I need it to tire me out or I‘d go a bit nuts.

08-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annainalbion View Post
I want one of those so much!!! Madewell get your act together and sell to the British girls who are literally salivating for the collection! They'd make so much more money...

I totally agree with you

08-09-2011
backstage pass

The zine thing seems a bit much, they should stick with just her input to the collection.
This is just my opinion however!

09-09-2011
fashion elite

at a Stella McCartney event in NYC

lavilledelamour.tumblr.com/
effyeahalexachung.tumblr.com

09-09-2011
front row

drowning in that stella dress!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags